Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) Empty
PostSubject: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 4:34 pm

"Now, remember, play it cool, hag. We're not here to bust heads. Thankfully." Two figures entered the bar, draconic in nature. Light skin, azure hair tied with a bow at the end of it going down to waist length, stockings and a skirt covered by a loose top and piercing red eyes identified the smaller of the two, but she carried with her a commanding aura despite that, and the horns, curving upwards and around, along with a thick tail, were striking. The other was much taller, with darker skin, white hair, loose fitting dark robes and, while she also had a tail and horns, her features were much more dragon-like, with her hands and feet looking more reptilian and two imposing wings folded behind her.

"Thankfully indeed, brat." The tone on her voice wasn't entirely spiteful. This was their normal routine, playful jabs at each other whenever they could. The best part about the day was that Lorelei was one she could get along with, and having her as her 'keeper' for the day wasn't the worst case scenario. Maybe the day might even be a little fun. But today was business, after all. The two of them were at a local bar coming in for something of a shakedown.

The amount of people rushing in to stop the "evil cult" from getting new followers was rising. They were doing fairly well to keep their image, as well, so that had to mean someone was spreading a bad name about them about. Best to find it directly at the source, and lop of its head before it got worse. They had an image to maintain, after all. That's the whole reason Safiya was on such a tight leash.

"A soft one for myself, and..." She looked down at her shorter companion. "Something non-alcoholic for the child." She snickered to herself as the other pouted, but the bar tender knew them already. Knew them well. Anyone in the area recognized those features.

"You probably already know why we're here." As she spoke, Safiya caught the mug in her hand as it was slid over to her. "Anti-covenant resentment. I need everything you've got on it." The two of them didn't mind who stared at them as they spoke. Many were looking, but people knew not to cause trouble. Most did, anyway. Didn't stop them from observing from their seats away from the counter, though.

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptyFri Aug 27, 2021 7:13 pm

Test watched from his seat at one of the central tables as the two burst in. It seemed that they were with the cult the town had been abuzz about and were making no effort to hide it. Test did his best to listen in on their conversation. He was no spy, but it did to know what he was up against.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 12:57 pm

A smaller drink, non-alcoholic, was slid towards the other, neither of which had been given a name to him yet, as she sipped on it through a straw. Safiya was trying her best to wring what she could out of the bartender, but he was dodging the questions fairly skillfully. It was obvious that Safiya wasn't quite used to getting information out like a pro. Exasperated, she turned to her partner. "You mind filling in for me? I got nothing."

She took one long sip of her drink before she gave the woman a smug grin. "Giving up already, Safi? Isn't it the responsibility of the last generation to look after the new one?" She chuckled to herself, Safiya's turn to be upset, as Lorelei pushed the drink to the side. She took a deep breath, and her expression grew serious.

"Tell us what she wants."

Even Test would be able to feel the commanding presence from the words, as could everyone else in the bar. He didn't hold back after that, detailing names and dealings liberally. Safiya, for her efforts, was writing down a few, wincing at a couple of names. "Oh, not Mara...we shared drinks once..." Regardless of the names given, the smaller one had easily wrenched it out of him with a single statement backed by an otherworldly power, and as soon as it was done she went right back to her drink, her legs kicking under the table like an excited child, without a care in the world.

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 1:18 pm

This certainly seemed unwholesome. Test wasn't going to stand idly by and let these cultist hunt down their detractors. Rather than start something here in the crowded bar he decided to wait for them to leave so that he could intercept them.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 2:22 pm

In the end, they had quite the list of people spreading nasty rumors. Things about how they had supposedly forcibly corrupted people, embezzled funds, put pressure on the local governments...all of them lies, of course. Lorelei could only conclude that old feelings about the cult were very hard to break out of. A pitiful sort, they were. Still, if they were going to outwardly cause problems for them, they would have to cause much greater problems back.

Once she finished her drink, she slid the bartender his payment in silver coins. Even threw in a few extra. "You've been most helpful, today. Thanks for that." She gave the man a wink as she spun off of her chair.

"So, where to next?" The white haired woman got up next, right afterwards.

"Probably the next one a couple of blocks down. And then the one after. We've got 5 stops today and I want to make sure this information is 100% accurate before we present it. That's my job, after all." She stretched her smaller frame upward with a yawn, working out the crink in her back.

"That's...more than I was expecting."

"Well, tough! This is what I do whenever a problem comes up. We're gonna work them old lady bones in you yet!" She snickered to herself as she got herself ready. She snatched the piece of paper with names on it to look at it herself. "Quite the list...are we really that hated?" She sighed.

"It's not going to be our job to track all of these down, right?"

"Oh hell no." The smaller one rolled her eyes. "We're just the gatherer. That'll go to someone more fitting for the job. Mitesh or Laikah would take care of that with zero problem. Sachi would be the best, but she'll just bitch and complain the whole time." The two started to make their way out of the bar, with the one pouring over the piece of paper.

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 2:47 pm

Test immediately made to follow. Looking for an opportunity to intercept the two and secure the paper. It was obvious to anyone watching that he was tailing the pair.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 3:23 pm

The smaller one was still looking over the sheet as they made their way out, turning towards the next stop. "I actually know a few of these names. People can have their own opinions and all, but spreading bad rumors around means we have to get involved. Most important part is finding out why. Sadly, this one didn't seem to know much aside from a few sources."

"Do you think the others will?"

"Hard to say. But, that's not really our job, today. Next one, I'll take point and show you how to make things work. Most of the time I don't want to overpower someone that easily."

"You don't?" The taller one looked a little surprised by that comment. "I figured that gift of yours was why you had this job in the first place."

"Oh, it totally is." She snickered to herself at the thought. "But I've been doing it for so long now that I find it so much easier if they feel like telling us willingly than throwing around muscle like that. Way too much work."

"Ah, that's the real reason, isn't it..." She rolled her eyes. "Lazy kid..."

"Incompetent adult!" The two jabbed at each other verbally for a bit, in an almost playful manner. His presence had not gone unnoticed, and she was keeping the paper close to her person. He would have to be careful if he wanted to take it from out of their clutches, and that display showed that power-wise, he would have to be cautious.

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 3:44 pm

Test swallowed nervously. This wasn't the ideal circumstance, but he refused to let these cultists have their way with those who spoke out. The moment they were alone he publicly declared his presence known. "You won't be hurting any of those people if I have anything to say about it." He heroically declared, preparing to fight the two for the paper and hopefully intimidate them out of their plan in the process.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 4:14 pm

The two were making the last round to the next location when a voice stopped the two of them. They were so close, but sadly yet another was ready to fight them. He'd picked a good spot to do it from, too. It was an alone little alley, with just the two of them, and the man. And he had proudly declared that 'they wouldn't be hurting anyone.'

The two of them looked at the man, and then each other...and then chuckled to each other for a moment. Wouldn't be the first time. Probably won't be the last.

"Sorry, sorry, I'm just...I'm too used to this by now!" The smaller one nearly buckled over at the display, not fazed in the slightest by the man's declaration.

"And this is exactly why we're doing this, isn't it Lorelei?" The other had recovered a bit quicker, regaining her posture a bit.

"Yeaaaaaah..." She wiped the tears from her eyes, taking the paper in two fingers and flapping it in his direction. "You see?!? This is the kind of stuff nasty rumors gets you! Honestly, try to run a covenant with a dragon goddess and look where it gets you! I swear, they're doing it just 'cause we look different."

"It's quite rude."

"Isn't it?!?" She turned her attention to the man, stomping over to him with no hesitation and looking him right in the eye. "Do you even know what they're saying about us?!?"

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 4:34 pm

"The bribery. The disappearances. I've heard it all." Test replied, trying not to sound nervous. He drew his halberd and prepared to defend himself. He had no idea if he could win, but he had to do something before they could reach their targets.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 8:46 pm

"Exactly! That's why we're out here, because people keep spreading this garbage about us! What would we even have to bribe someone for?!? It's ridiculous! We barely have enough money in the covenant to keep ourselves afloat, much less spend it doing backdoor deals for...for...I can't even think of a reason! Sakae keeps us wired for funds as best as she can, but it's not enough, and now we've got people spreading crap like we're using our 'massive funds' to commit crimes?!? And that's just the tip of the iceberg! I heard once that someone said we were 'corrupting' people against their will! Can you believe that?!? We're just trying to make an honest covenant, an-"

"That's enough, Lorelei." Safiya cut through her outburst, luckily actually getting through to her.

"But I'm not done! And I'm supposed to be the superior here!" Her voice sounded a little weaker, and there was the hint of tears in the corners of her eyes.

"You're getting too worked up over this. You know that happens. You said it yourself: this is why we're out here, isn't it? Take a breather."

"I...you...he...this..." Each word was punctuated by a gesture, before she let out a frustrated groan, stomping off to pout. She was practically letting off steam as she did, completely overwhelmed by her own emotions, still holding the paper in her hands.

Safiya only sighed, as she watched her, before turning to look at the man. "Put the weapon down, I've already got enough problems to start fights with strangers. Sorry about her. She's passionate about her work."

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 8:52 pm

Test had not been expecting such an outburst. "And why should I believe you?" He asked, some of his conviction faltering, his grip on his weapons relaxing a little. "Threatening bartenders for information on those who speak I'll of you doesn't seem like what a upright religion would do."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 9:13 pm

Safiya thought for a moment. "I guess you really don't have to, but we haven't threatened anyone today. Lorelei makes people listen, and she's very good at it. You could say that display back at the bar was a gift of hers. She told me herself that she prefers not to do it that way, and I'm pretty sure you heard that too..." She raised an eyebrow at him as she spoke that last part, fully aware they were being tailed since then. "...but he was being obstinate, and we needed information. If he didn't know anything, we would have just moved on to the next one, no trouble caused. But, he did, and we got some leads to go off of."

Lorelei was sitting off in the corner, pouting to herself. The little tears were still there, and she was sniffling a little. "As she mentioned in her...uncalled for outburst, I'll give it that, but outburst all the same...it's one thing to have grievances with what we do. That's fine. They can do whatever they want with that. That's not why we're out here. It's those that spread wild stories with no facts that catch like wildfire that we're trying to uproot before they grow into something that engulfs the entire covenant. A lot of good people are in the Grimleal for various reasons, and while I might not be one of them, today, it's my job to make sure they don't get wrapped up in all of this. And for the record, we're not going to make them 'disappear' like you mentioned, either. Truth be told, the goddess is probably going to send someone good with words to find out why, and decide from there."

The woman's gaze bore into his. "You're free to take this information any way you want, but that's the long and short of it. Also, I'm pretty sure you made one of my friends cry, so I'm a little upset at you." She crossed her arms as she looked down at the man, laying out everything she could think of.

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 9:18 pm

"Um. Sorry." Test said uncertainly. He definitely felt bad about making her friend cry, and he generally preferred to trust people. But these seemed like exactly the kind of people he shouldn't be trusting. He lowered his weapon further as he stood wracked by indecision. "I'm sorry for offending your friend. And I really do want to believe you. But if your lying I can't just leave those people to their fates." The adventurer said, more reiterating to himself than to them. Why did real heroism always have to be so much more complicated than the sagas.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 11:32 pm

For a moment, her gaze kept itself locked with the adventurer, her arms crossed and looking a little bit peeved at him. And then, it all faded away with a long sigh. "Don't feel too bad for her. It's a bad habit of hers to get herself all worked into a tizzy over little things, let alone her work. Comes with age, I guess. I don't expect words alone to convince anyone. Usually it never does. Unless it's her words, but her words are special. And because my 'keeper' is still recovering from an emotional breakdown, I have to be the mature one, here. Which means no picking fights if I can help it."

"I HEARD THAT!" The shrill voice from the back came from her partner, still visibly upset.

"I hope you did!" Even now, they would go back and forth every now and then. Safiya's finger when to her forehead as she shook her head. "What a mess..." Her gaze went back to Test, side-eyeing him at a glance. "You don't seem like a bad sort. I see quite a few in my line of work, so more often than not I expect people rushing in to cause trouble because of first glances. 'They look different, they're definitely up to no good!' Crap like that. Gets under her skin more than mine. You don't have to believe me, but I'm curious. What would get you to believe me?"

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySat Aug 28, 2021 11:38 pm

Test opened his mouth to answer, a moment of silence passing before he closed it again. "I'm not sure." He admitted. "I don't know what you could do to prove your innocence." Test fully lowered his weapon as he pondered just what they could do to show their good will.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 12:07 am

He at least dropped his weapon. That was a good start. Let him ponder all he liked; in the end, they had a job to do.

"An honest answer. I respect it. Regardless, though, I'm not going to debate innocence with you. Not while we've got things we need to accomplish. If it bothers you so much, though, you could always follow us and see things for yourself. No one can come to your own conclusions but you, after all. That is..." Her gaze went to Lorelei, who was facing the opposite direction from them. Her tail swished back and forth as she sat on a wood box on the side of the street, listening to them out of eyesight but still fuming over her thoughts. "...well..."

While the idea was sound, that meant going through her. And Safiya had her own personal stakes in this, too. Lorelei was one of the few other members she gave half a crap about. Seeing her like this (while an often occurrence) didn't sit well with her either. "I won't have an issue with it if you at least attempt to make up with her. She can be reasonable...sometimes."

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 12:14 am

Test thought about this a bit longer. "Fine. If you allow it I'll follow to make sure nothing untoward happens." He said with some hesitation. "And I apologize for listening to rumors without giving you a chance to defend yourself." He said to the crying woman, sounding genuinely sorry. Test felt like he was walking on very thin ice, but he was willing to try just keeping an eye on things for now. He could always intercede if they tried anything.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 12:55 pm

The other woman hadn't turned around at hearing his apology, but she was obviously listening, a few sniffles being heard as her tail swished back and forth. It wasn't sure whether she was willing to forgive him, at first. "Lorelei, you really sho-"

"Ah ah!" The girl's tail raised, shushing her. "My job...is information. I hear all of the nasty things people say about us...all of them. Most of the time, it's just out of earshot, in the corner, people whispering little jabs at us as we go by. Calling us freaks, cultists...abominations. I'm used to it. And every now and then, someone like you will come along and claim all of that right to our faces, and I just..." She hesitated, shuddering a little bit. "It hurts."

A moment passed, before she turned on her seat to face him. Her cheeks were red from the crying, but she had a defiant look on her face. "I don't forgive you, not yet anyway. But...if I can convince you through what we do that all of this crap is nothing but smear tactics from people too scared to look us in the eye and say it, then...that's good enough for me." She sniffled, not fully recovered. Her eyes were still watery, too, but Safiya was right, in the end: she's in charge, here.

She never thought she'd ever think "Safiya was right" until today, but perhaps it was a strange occurrence.

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 1:05 pm

"I... I think I understand." Test said meekly. This was not what he had been expecting when he set out to confront the cultists. But he'd be more than happy to be convinced. Right now his short term goals had mostly shifted to getting the older woman to forgive him, assuming they really were innocent. And if they weren't, he'd presumably find evidence of that by going we the them.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 1:39 pm

The girl nodded. "Good!" She pulled herself off of the crate she was sitting on, brushing herself off. "In that case, we have many places to get to! And we need to get done by sundown! Or else the goddess will get upset at us. And you. Again." She motioned specifically to Safiya at that last one.

Safiya only rolled her eyes. "I'm still paying for the last time..."

"Right! Your olllld lady boooones can't haaaaaandle it..." She chuckled a little as Safiya lightly papped the younger girl on the head for that. "Couldn't help it." Her tail motioned Test to follow with them, already setting off. "I never asked for your name. Got caught up in all the, uh...drama. Lemme guess, you heard the rumors and thought we were some 'evil organization bent on taking over the world', or some such?"

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptySun Aug 29, 2021 1:51 pm

"My names Test. And yes. That's more or less what I heard." He admitted following the pair much not amicably than before.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 5:00 pm

Lorelei rolled her eyes. "Typical. This whole 'cult' business has gotten out of hand with people. Someone makes one comment, someone else takes that comment a different way, and then they take it a different way, and then fifty people down the line have already decided you're an evil dragon cult that messes with people's heads unwillingly!" She huffed as she continued walking.

Safiya tapped him on the shoulder as they walked. "You'll have to be patient with her. She deals with a lot of this, especially lately. It's a lot for what is essentially a high school student."

"I HEARD THAT!" She whipped around to glare at the woman. "Just because I was a high school student once doesn't mean I'm in that life anymore!" She let out a groan, frustrated. "Besides, aren't you the one who says that we shouldn't let our former lives stop us now? We're entirely new people, after all."

"That's easy for me to say, at least, my life wasn't that great before this." She turned her attention to Test. "Safiya. Charmed, I'm sure."

"Lorelei!" She chimed in next, realizing they hadn't introduced themselves yet. "The Grimleal welcomes lost souls who feel like they have nowhere else to go in life, and offers them a home, guidance, and the chance to pursue a new path that can lead to a happy, stable life! That's the sales pitch, anyway...reality's not that much different, though!" Her tail swished a little as she walked, clearly more into this topic than the previous. She looked always eager to speak of the cult, preferably in a positive light.

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 5:06 pm

Test nodded absentmindedly as they walked, not fully parsing whatever was going on between the two. "And how exactly do you get people on this new path?" He asked, proving a little for any potential inconsistencies or warning signs.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) EmptyMon Aug 30, 2021 5:22 pm

Keeping things moving through the Grimleal was specifically Lorelei's job, so she was the most qualified person to ask for these questions. She puffed out her chest in pride at the question. "A lot of the people we pick up are lost, confused souls who don't have anywhere to go in life. And no, not everyone looks like us! We're special, chosen by the goddess herself to help lead others down a better existence! Or, something like that...the exact words are hard to remember."

Safiya chimed in next. "Most people that join with the covenant are placed under the division of a Fellblood, someone like us. Most all of us have a group that keeps things running within the covenant and outside of it. Generally, whatever the Fellblood is exceptionally skilled at, the others will find such things as their main profession. I, unfortunately, don't have that benefit yet. For...reasons..."

"Because you're on probation!" Safiya looked a little upset by that answer, but she knew it was right. "Look, you wouldn't be in this if you hadn't nearly struck the goddess like that. You know it, I know it, we all know it."

"I was frustrated!" Safiya crossed her arms and looked away, once again also frustrated.

Lorelei only giggled to herself. "To answer your question, a lot of the people under us develop a craft for certain tasks, and that craft lends them to finding work that cycles back both into their own skills and to help them branch out into their own afterwards. Think of it like teaching a trade. I've had a few people under me end up using their skills to help the neighboring government in tracking down certain people, but you won't see anybody singing those, it seems...nooo, they're too busy talking about how 'evil' we are..." For a moment, it seemed like she was going to glower again, but she stopped herself. "Sorry, sorry! Hard to get my mind off these things. Anyway, we have to assess most normal people to see if they would benefit from serving under the goddess. A lot of people, we can just point in the right direction, and that direction isn't really devoting themselves to becoming part of the covenant. And there's a lot that do! There's even a few younger kids in the covenant that we've picked up...most of them didn't have anywhere to go. Dhriti's really good with the kids though, and you could say we're also a nursery by this point!" She flashed him a surprisingly bright smile, still hoping that she could turn his opinion around.

PostSubject: Re: Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)   Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test) Empty

Back to top Go down

Heated Brawl (Safiya vs Test)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next