Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Healers of Mind and Body

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 7:59 pm

"While I believe it is possible to discern the magic from an item that was near the vicinity of the casting spot or the location, the precision requires to do so requires a lot of knowledge of the wide variety of magic possible to recognize it. The result may take a while though if the magic remnant is not completely gone.

"However I cannot say more so I am not the best in the field and do not wish to impart false information to you and I do not wish to impart false hope if it isn't possible with what we have. She has informed me that she should arrive here within at least an hour." Luna gives June a bright smile, seemingly rather optimistic. "That said, I am certain there are other avenues to proceed with the search. Namely the photo picture that you've given me."

Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 9:11 pm

Truth be told, while June was at this point a master at necromancy, her knowledge of other kinds of magic was, lacking, to say the least. She figures she wouldn't have needed it when she already fit most of of what she was thinking of with just the necromancy, but clearly it might have bit her in the butt this time.

Her mind was still going through all of this at a blistering pace, trying to take it all in. Could this person really give her the lead she was looking for? It seemed almost too easy. Luna had confidence that something could come of this, though, and clearly she had a grasp of her own magic enough to make a claim of that nature. At this point, it was all she had to go on. The idea crossed her mind that perhaps she should let Soma know about what was talked about tonight later, especially if this group of people was dangerous. Soma's network might be in danger if they kept looking. It seemed strange to think that whoever did this could still be keeping tabs on her without her knowing. If that was the case, why let her exist for over a decade? It's not like she stopped looking in that time.

"What kind of person is this superior of yours, Luna? Someone of this caliber of magical prowess must be someone truly special."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 6:33 pm

Luna nods. "Her name is Salem Marquess, a devil whom specializes in magic with astral magic being her best though she is highly skilled in many fields. She is also also the lead researcher and is probably the most senior member of IDOL as of now so she is a rather important individual. Of course if you wish to ask more of her, she would be fine to ask more about herself."

It is the that she goes through as much as she can mentally to see if they have missed anything or if June has any questions. Speaking of which. "Do you have any other questions?" The moon rabbit inquires with a warm smile, happy to answer anything that she is allowed to especially if it can help with her search.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 8:13 pm

A devil, huh? There aren't many pureblooded devils around anymore, most of them stick to the netherworlds away from people. The kinds of magic they would be naturally inclined to would be extremely different from normal peoples. And if she's some kind of magic researcher? I suppose that speaks for itself, really.

This had given her a lot to think about. Some hope, some paranoia, and some possibility. But one thought still nagged at her mind, through all of this.

...would it still be enough?

"Luna, I appreciate everything you've done for me. Truly. But, be honest with me...what do you rate my chances with this? I've...been doing this hunt for over a decade now. It makes it hard to assume anything could lead to anything, sometimes."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 8:28 pm

Luna closes her eyes for a moment before she shakes her head. "If I am to be honest, I am entirely uncertain as we generally do not have taken a search that had spam that long back before. However there is one take away from what has happened so far." She thinks of what June had said. "You have mention that someone had created that message to discourage you from trying to search for your daughter when it fact, it is actually counterproductive to their purpose.:"

"1. That means there is a good chance that your daughter is still alive though I am not sure why they require her for some long, nor do I know why they have not tried to stop you.

2. By leaving the message and teleport out, they also leave a magic residue behind that if the blanket is does not have any residue left, their leaving would have as well as the message itself.

Again I do not wish to give percentage odds of success so early in the campaign but as what you have given us so far. It will be considerably higher once we cross-reference the information. I am not sure if that answers your question."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 8:49 pm

Something about the rabbit's bluntness is refreshing. She honestly needed a response like that. She smiled a little.

"Thank you, Luna. You're right, it's far too early for me to be thinking like that. I suppose that's just my pessimism talking. Sometimes it comes out quite strong. I must say, I'm quite interested in meeting this Salem person, considering you speak so highly of her."

"That said, I do owe you for what you have done so far, plus whatever this Salem is capable of as well. I can't image IDOL would offer its services for free. Name your price, money is no object."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 9:09 pm

The courier ponders at June's offers for a moment. "At the moment, our finances are sufficient so money is optional. What would help us greatly is your medical knowledge. At the moment, our scientific medical field is somewhat behind. While we do have some magic based medics, we also need to make our medics more versatile.

Also, I think one of my colleagues would like to trade notes in regards to necromancy...well more in regards to the soul as it is one of her field of specialty plus like you, she is also a healer of a sort." Luna laughs softly. "Your skills are somewhat similar to hers in a way."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2019 9:26 pm

"Medical knowledge, hmm? Would that require me to teach if need be? I wouldn't be opposed to it if it came up. Truth be told, I've already done that for two since I came here. Most of my medical knowledge is self taught through years of experience more than any sort of procedure. If you believe that would be beneficial then I'm all yours."

Another like me? Fascinating, and here I thought I was considered an odd one for mixing necromancy and medical knowledge like I do.

"Like my medical experience, most of my notes I could give on necromancy are mostly self taught. Experimentation, trial and error, learning from my mistakes, that sort of thing. As a result, I probably wouldn't refer to my methods as "normal" compared to others who practice the craft. I must say, the idea that there's someone else who mixes necromancy with healing like I do has certainly piqued my interest. I'd love to meet them later and see what we could learn from each other. It could benefit us both."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 7:17 pm

Luna's ears raises up for a moment at June's willingness to teach.  "Well, if you are willing, that would be very welcoming.  We do have some that are interested in medical and healing though I was thinking of having some mandatory first aid classes once these medics are well trained and can bestow what they've learned.  A decent percentage of our mission does require rescuing and some healing so it would help us if many of our ranks have at least some basic skills.  What that be alright, June?"  Luna knows many doctors whose heart is into saving lives would love that but she wants to ask permission first before she allows the knowledge to spread a bit.

"And do not worry if your knowledge is self taught if it has been working for years.  Though we can examine the techniques used and compare notes. From what I can gather of your words, you are skilled in your arts despite the lack of formal training.  I would inquire how you did it but...well my medical knowledge is rather basic and I might not be able to understand everyone."  Luna replies with looking a bit embarrassed with one ear folding briefly.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2019 7:50 pm

"Ah, more basic training. Yes, that would be perfectly acceptable. As I mentioned, it's not something I'm adverse to. I can imagine that your group would appreciate the extra experience. If need be, I'd be willing to do something more intensive if the need arose, as long as it wouldn't get in the way of my own work."

She thought back to home at her comment, about how small things seemed back then.

"A lot of my own learning process was trial and error mixed with what I could cobble together from reading materials. I won't claim it was an easy process, but it's what I had to work with. And I believe it ended up well for me. Where I lived, the thought of a full time doctor didn't seem necessary at the time, but I'm fairly certain a lot of people I came to know back then benefited from it regardless. And Necromancy for me was mostly the same, although with that I was at least instructed on the bare minimum as to not to accidentally destroy myself. Necromancy's a lot more finicky than something like medical work."

In truth, I still don't know much of that woman who granted me this future. I may never know, honestly. Was she truly just some old mage who took pity on me? I'd like to believe so, but the chances of that seem very slim.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 8:57 pm

"I hope that we all can learn from you and look forward with working with you. That said, let us focus on the present at the moment. If we are going to be working with each other, I should tell you what I have to offer for this mission, and with me knowing of your skill-set, you should know what is mine."

She gestures to herself. "I am an primarily an illusionist. Though sight and sound are common illusions, my field extends to the other senses as well." She gestures over to her right as the small moon materializes above her before creating a small silver beam to where Luna is indicating. Slowly an illusion of Luna appears, virtually identical to the original one sitting at the chair. The illusion offers her hand to June. "And this also extends within dreams as well as I often help with people with problems, especially when it comes to the subconscious part of the mind."

"In addition, I am also a moderately skilled speaker, a musician, and have experience as a soldier." In truth, Luna somewhat feels like she is introducing herself to a friend and colleague rather than a client but it is OK as she generally develops friendly relationship with others and tends to bridge gaps.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 9:48 pm

The display with her illusions was incredibly well done. She unconsciously reached out to the illusion despite knowing it was fake. She's clearly either a prodigy, or had many years to truly refine her craft. And to think that whoever she's calling is even more advanced in magic than she is...

She's always so calm, too. Her soul's disposition hasn't changed at all since we got here. It's incredibly serene in control. I wonder if she's doing that intentionally? Is that a thing that could be done? Considering my mind's been blown multiple times tonight in regards to magic, perhaps I shouldn't ask that question.

"Dreams, hmm? I suppose me and dreams have never gotten along all that well. They're only really all that quiet when I have...someone to sleep with. It's kind of embarrassing, I guess. My mind is just never quiet when left alone to my own thoughts."

A moon rabbit soldier? Hold on, that sounds familiar...

"Would you happen to be familiar with a certain other moon rabbit by the name of Reisen? It only just occurred to me that you were the second one I've interacted with in a very short amount of time."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 10:29 pm

As soon as June's hand touch the illusory Luna's hand, it actually felt warm as if she was actually touching Luna herself, and there is even a bit of substance yield, the illusion was almost realistic to cross over from illusion to almost like a clone though soon the illusion starts to fade but the illusion smiles the same way the original does and bows before fading out completely, essentially mirroring the original's pleasant demeanor.

Luna's eyes opens slightly as the name Reisen is spoken, seemingly to look a bit solemn for a moment. "Yes, I know of Reisen and I had helped her adjust to this land as she was having issues, something I had to use my abilities to traverse into her dream for. It was fortunate that our path crossed as she would have been in a predicament. Fortunately she is mostly well at the moment.
However, that is all that I am able to say though as there are things within there that I cannot disclose." Luna wasn't sure how much Soma said on his end, but the dream-walking rabbit was the epicenter of a lot of occurence withi Reisen's dream and there was much with there that was not hers to disclose.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 11:25 pm

A solid illusion?!? How in the world? What in the goddamn?

Her mind was floundering at what she was trying to process here. It felt so lifelike...This girl was truly full of surprises, as June was entranced by this incredible display of magic.

"Luna, I'm going to be completely honest with you. Tonight you've kind of shattered a lot of my pre-conceptions of magic almost effortlessly. It's...been a whirlwind, and I feel as though it's only going to get stronger once I meet this colleague of yours. Quite frankly, I feel...dwarfed, as a mage, by what I've seen tonight. It's a little humbling, but at the same time, kind of exciting to think that I haven't hit a peak, too."

She smiled a little at her guarded disposition about Reisen. "That's understandable. Soma told me she was looking for work and a place to stay, and about a week ago I met her myself. In the end, I brought her on as an assistant, and she's been living with me in my home since. Her on the field experience has been quite helpful in her training, and while we may have some personal differences to work out, I believe it to be healthy for her to have something to keep her mind busy. I still need to work on that jumpy business, though. Considering you likely know her better than I ever could, I figured you'd be happy to know her current status."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 12:47 am

"Oh so Reisen has found employment from you. That is good to hear. I was a bit worried of her status seeing that she had no monetary resources one arrival. Thank you, June" Luna smiles at Reisen's situation has been improving. She wasn't sure how the other moon rabbit would cope in this land.

"Well it took few decades to hone my illusion skills to its current state as well as sync my musical skills to it too. It does come with the price that any songs that I wish to play would take significantly longer for me to perfect than if I were to simply play a regular flute without accompanying illusory music. That and missions that I undertake leave me with not much time to learn anything else." Or her own free time at times. Luna take a moment to look outside for a moment at all of the people enjoying the festival. Part of her sometimes long to join in the celebration but that also means that she is not contributing to IDOL if she does. It was a a constant balance issue that she has.

Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 1:03 am

A few decades? Just how old WAS this moon rabbit? That explains her talent, though, she's had far longer to refine her ability than you ever had.

That said, it didn't take a soul reader to tell how Luna felt. Her looking out the window was a clear image for anyone, really. Part of June felt bad for dragging her away from it.

"...you were planning on enjoying yourself tonight, weren't you? I'm sorry about that. I can only imagine you don't have a lot of free time. We could always reschedule this if you would like, I wouldn't mind if it was important to you."

I've waited for over a decade now. If I needed to, a few extra days wouldn't kill me. Besides, I think that was the first time I feel like I've gotten a read on any sort of emotions from her.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 1:37 am

Luna replies with a shake of her head in response to rescheduling their meeting as it isn't an option for her at the moment. "Perhaps after this meeting as it probably will not take long. As of now, we are mostly trying to figure what direction to take. That and it would be remiss of me to call Salem with her on route for to reschedule at another time though." The momentary sadness and conflicting decision seems to have faded out at the moment. Almost. It did take a moment of sipping her tea before she regain full restoration of her original composure.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 1:54 am

"I suppose. Still, I do feel kind of bad about taking you away from something you were clearly planning on enjoying. Tell you what, once this is over, let's go out for drinks or something. I'd like to make it up to you, regardless of how things end up tonight."

She meant that. Luna's emotions were starting to come out a small bit, and she could feel that she was at least tempted to consider the idea for her own happiness. Not to mention she could tell she's twisted in knots.

She's dedicated to her work, but it's clear that it gets in the way of her own personal life. I don't know a whole lot about IDOL, but considering the kinds of jobs that likely get taken, chances are it prevents her from having anything close to a "normal" life. In that way, I suppose we're quite similar. That's probably why I feel bad about removing her from that, too, since I understand just how refreshing those days off can feel.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 8:28 pm

It was one of the rare times when Luna actually hesitated in her response as if weighting in her decision that she is not able to decisively choose especially since it pertains to herself.  It is a bit ironic that she is able to make quick recommendation for this sort of subject for others except for herself.  June's offer almost seems like what she would do normally.  "I will consider it."  She says reluctantly as she is still in limbo of decision in a sense.

There is mostly small talk between the two though nothing of importance. A few things about the festival and plans after this meeting. Luna even allows June to keep some of the bags of tea that she had with her. After about an hour and 5 minutes passed, there is a knock on the door several times with a soft alto hum behind the door. Luna's ear recognizes the voice before moving to the room door and opening revealing the tall devil who had a very exotic beauty in appearance with dark purple hair, small horns peering at the top, mismatched red/blue eyes, and painted purple lips, her ears pointed slightly. Her statue is also fairly tall at 5'9".

She is dressed in a short sleeve purple woven cloth jacket robe over her white buttoned blouse which has some issues hiding her rather prominent bust underneath despite her more conservative dress code. Accompanying it is a knee short office skirt along with dark blue leather boots, leaving only a small portion of her thighs visible. Around her arms is a similarly dark blue backpack that is rather bulky.

"I hope that that you two have not been waiting too long for me. I had to pick up some essential equipment for what you both needed." Salem informed, her voice seemingly to possess a rather natural sensual tone even if her demeanor is currently professional. If it wasn't for that, as well as her soul signature (that June might be able to read) is different from succubi, it would be rather easy to mistaken her for one.

Luna smiles at Salem and both IDOL committee members both have a more casual and friendly atmosphere between each other. "Not at all, June and I have much to talk about."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2019 8:59 pm

She smiled a little at her answer.

Honestly, it feels like she would need something like that. Just a moment to not think about anything majorly important. I could feel that hesitation, if only slightly. I suppose such things weigh on her a bit.

They spent the time afterward with small talk about recent events, and part of her was honestly pretty excited to take home some of Luna's personal tea bags. The taste was divine. It wasn't long until a knock at the door interrupted their discussion.

She finally got to see this Salem for herself. First impressions definitely gave her the feel of something otherworldly.

A succubus? No, it seems too arcane for that. She must be a pureblood. I've only heard stories about them, never in person. If anyone would master the magic I would need, it would be someone like this. She could have a succubus lineage, at least. And if not, part of her clearly revels in the idea. And she's clearly as talented as Luna, I can't get a bead on her emotions just from the soul like Luna.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm June. Your colleague speaks very highly of you, and I must say I've been waiting to see what kind of person you are. I hope I haven't taken too much of your likely busy schedule for tonight."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 8:52 pm

Salem inclines her head in a nod.  "A pleasure to meet you as well.  And no you have not as this excursion a bit of part of my time as well.  Too say that I love my work is a very accurate description."  

She gives a brief smirk at Lina.  "I see that you have been exaggerating about my skills again Luna?"

The moon rabbit simply smiles and shakes her head.  "Of course not.  You do live up to your description as always especially since you have...a good amount of centuries ahead of me, despite the amount of political sphagetti in hell."

The devil responds by rolling her eyes. "Oh please, mention any more of that spaghetti and I'll serve you a dish of bureaucratic pasta."  The banter back and forth between the two is pretty friendly and casual, almost sibling-like.  "Anyhow, enough of me.  Let's see what we have to work with."  

Luna nods and gestures to the blanket that June had brought with her.  Salem nods before walking over to it.  For a briefly moment, there is a fairly swift surge of mana flowing into the devil before she weaves the spell, no incantation, no hand gestures, she is casting the spell directly with her body a a medium, her hetero-chromia eyes narrow at the blanket in a moment's concentration.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2019 9:40 pm

The banter between the two of them was a little calming, almost. It took the edge off of this new person well, at least.

This IDOL group is so different than what I expected. The members almost seem like...family. It's nothing like the mysterious shadow group I expected. I suppose that's a good thing to be wrong, in this case.

"I wish I could provide more than one simple blanket from over a decade ago. If I could, maybe things would have been easier..."

She could practically feel this Salem exuding mana into the blanket from across the room. She may say that Luna's playing up her abilities, but from her perspective, nothing she said was exaggerated. The amount of magic ability coming from her, with no form to it at all, was immense.

This night has just been one roller coaster to another with magic, I swear. It keeps finding new ways to surprise me.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 6:08 am

It is more accurate to say that the magic she is casting is around the blanket rather than onto it. While the devil may be a powerhouse in terms of magic, it is her precision and control that she favors more especially when this process of scanning the blanket of the magic traces. Her purple lips curved downward into a brief frown before she ponders the situation briefly.

"Well I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that the magic traces is faint, very faint, that I myself can't get a precise make-up for it without ending up mixing it with my spells. The good news is that there may be a way to magnify the signature without compromising its make-up. That however requires something that does not uses magic and we have something in our lab that make be able to do it. It is a slow process though since an operation like this would require meticulous magnification, again to not compromise or break up the make-up the traces. With your permission, I can take this to the lab to do that."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 11:45 am

The more she looked into this, the more Dracula's words rang out in her head.

He couldn't do anything to help find Ryuna, and he was the biggest wellspring of magical energy I'd ever felt, possibly much more than even this Salem. More and more it felt like magic wasn't answer I was looking for.

This was only confirmed by Salems current plan of action. Something other than magic.

"If you think there's any way that this process could lead to something, then please, feel free. I'll manage without it for a while."

In truth, letting the blanket go was something she'd never done before. She always had it close by normally. It was...calming. Even if she'd do anything to find her, part of her wondered if she'd be alright without it, but tried to put on a face that showed it didn't bother her regardless.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 8:09 pm

Luna caught a few signs from June's non-verbal actions, words, and tone that she was hesitant.  She wanted to have June follow along with Salem but the facility itself that is needed for this, June is not allow in.  It was then that she recalls something else that they can do as well. "While that procedure is taking place, we can also head over to where that message was left to you by the perpetrator.  What the person used may be a similar spell and having two magic signature can allow us to further narrow down the culprit."

Salem was a little less enthused of an additional lead, though.  "Did anyone make a magic scan there yet?  If so, then there is a good chance that the magic trace will be redundant.  Then again if we don't get a clear lead on the magic signature on the blanket, we can try that route.  Sorry Luna.  Of course I am open to any potential ideas."  It was then that Salem pulls out a plastic box and hands it to June.  "If you want to contact me or if we have anything to report, we can use that to communicate.  Do you have any questions in the meanwhile?"  Salem asks as she takes the blanket before looking at June.  

Luna wonders if she can distract June's worry with that offer of going to the bar for a drink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Healers of Mind and Body
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next