Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Healers of Mind and Body

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 09, 2019 8:23 pm

"The message was left back in what's left of my home town. It's not exactly an easy trip there. I'd be open to the trip but it's a near 3 day trip by carriage and the tengu don't take kindly to people teleporting in. I'd be open to it, but it's something I'd have to prepare for. I believe the methods I used to get what I could out of it were...unconventional, at best. I wouldn't call it a scan, moreso a trace, if that makes sense."

The idea of "shove enough magic into an open space and follow where it leads" is probably not normal when it comes to what Salem was probably thinking. She wasn't really looking for what kind of magic was used, just who left it.

She took the strange black box that Salem had given her. A device of some sort? Technology like this wasn't her strong suit, but given a few days she'd understand it. And Salem asked if she had anything else. A thought bubbled up, as she couldn't prevent a somber look, a hand over her chest apprehensively.

"...will there be anything left of it, when you're done with it? I'm sure that sounds silly, but..."

I guess I'd never stopped to think about it before. It's all I have of Ryuna. If I lost that, then...what would I do? How would I feel?

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Salem smiles at June's apprehension, so did Luna, the latter had converse with the doctor for a while and knows what her emotion is currently like. "There blanket should be completely unchanged. We are just magnifying the traces of what is on he blanket and replicate it so we have something more concrete and stable to use. When we are done with it, we will return the blanket to you." The devil informed June.

It was then that she handed Luna a bracelet. "Here this should make it easier for you to throw off that scry spell that has been attempting to peek at us for a while. Good job fooling them so far but I can tell it is a bit difficult to have that spell up for a while now." Luna nods before putting on the bracelet on her left wrist.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 1:03 pm

Internally, June breathed a sigh of relief, despite knowing that it would have likely been this outcome. Something about hearing it firsthand put her mind at ease.

"Thank you...sorry, in retrospect, it seems like a silly question, wasn't it?"

In truth, she was a little embarrassed she even asked the question. She had an idea about how they would find what they needed from it, but it still came up anyway.

She noticed the bracelet being handed off to Luna, and it brought her mind back to this whole scrying business. It was a little discomforting to think that she had been watched tonight, and was this close to having those same people make a move. She hadn't even thought or felt anything of the sort, and usually she was constantly feeling everything around her, whether she wanted to or not.

Is it really just a grudge? Would some enemy of Mora's family really go this far? In the end, tonight's left me with more questions than answers.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 7:47 pm

"No it wasn't. It is your only clue and the only item of Ryuna that you have, possibly the only link left. Believe me that we will take care of it and be cautious with it." Luna smiles as she replies. Then she secures the bracelet on her wrist before looking over June briefly. Then she makes a gestures to the air, then moon winks in, shone a light, and winks out briefly that you would miss it if someone looked away.

Two things happen from that moment, the first is that there an illusion of June now standing on the other side of the room in the same manner that June is doing, the second is that June's own body is briefly translucent to the point that it is hard to see her though she doesn't feel any different. Luna can see her just fine though as she is able to discern past the effect of illusions, especially her own. Salem looks over to the illusion then to where June was and able to find the doctor's faint form. After that, Luna release the spell and June's body is opaque again, while the illusion before fades. "Well that took less effort to maintain than before. It should help me maintain any deception on the perpetrator's group."

"Just make sure to try to mix it up though like you usually do, this group probably will wise up soon." Salem warns Luna. "Anyhow, I'll head off to the lab. We'll keep you updated, June." With that Salem heads towards the door to exit the room after both IDOL members waves at each other farewell and Salem waving to June as well.

"I suppose to we are about to head down the rabbit hole..." Luna commented afterwards.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 9:22 pm

"I suppose. This night has been a lot to take in for me. I guess my mind just...ran rampant a little. But, thank you. I appreciate that."

Something about the young rabbit was...comforting. She couldn't quite put her finger on it. Was it intentional with a spell? Whatever it was, it was helping her focus a little, especially tonight.

That said, nothing could really prepare her for the display she got next. She could only assume this was another part of the rabbit's illusion magic, but she didn't even pretend to understand what was happening in front of her.

"I'm...going to assume that whatever that was, was helpful? I hope so, anyway."

It was then that Salem started to leave. "T-Thank you for your help! I'll keep in touch!" she said as she waved goodbye to Salem.

She couldn't help but chuckle a little at her comment. "I suppose, but it's one that I've been down for over a decade now. No matter what comes of it, I'm not too worried."

"But, there's no point in worrying about that now. It's not too late, would you like to join me for what's left of the festival?"

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 7:38 pm

Luna's first instinct was to want to get busy with the case of finding Ryuna but June's words reminded her that she was going to consider taking her offer. Again there is that bit of hesitation as if considering whether to do so or not before she consented it with a nod. "I...yes." She pauses again, this time not to decide. "Although I am not as familiar of this region as I would think. I only recently arrived within the inn to stay for a moment, though I am open to many options that you wish to partake." After so many hesitation on the rabbit's part, her trademark smile returns to her lips.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2019 8:06 pm

It didn't take a reading of her soul to notice the indecision Luna had on her face. She was a master at illusion magic, and yet the right words completely broke any facade she had. Something about that is really cute.

"Truth be told, Luna, you always seem so focused and wound up. I can imagine tonight was going to be one of those nights to fix that, and I dragged you away from it, but the night is still young. I've got plenty of time to make up for it."

She walked to the door and motioned her to follow. "Come, the festival should be going for at least a few more hours. And once that's over, I know the perfect place to unwind a little from it."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 10:21 pm

Luna nods and smiles as she trails behind the doctor. "Yes, let us head out." She pauses for a moment before looking up at June as she inquire as she steps through the door. "Does this occurrence, needing to break away from duty, frequent for you as well, June?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 16, 2019 11:22 pm

"It can. I'm not entirely sure what your work entails, but I can't imagine it's always a pleasant experience."

"My work is similar, to a degree. It makes me happy to help people, but there's always more to it then just that. Sometimes you look at the kinds of ways people hurt themselves and you can't help but go "how in the world did you accidentally do this to yourself?" and things like this are common. They make me question my faith in humanity. I had someone come in with a dislocated shoulder that also had at least 3 fractures in it. Truly, how does that even happen?!? And he barely felt any pain from it on top of it! Crazy, I tell you. Well, he felt quite a bit of pain when I popped it back in, but still!"

She hesitated for a moment before continuing.

"And sometimes...you can't save everyone. Even with my abilities, there's a limit to what I'm capable of. It hurts me, every time it happens, even if there wasn't anything I could have done about it. Those kinds of nights, I just need...a release, sometimes, you know? Something to take my mind off the one thing I felt so utterly powerless about.'

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 12:47 am

"Hmm, if you are the doctor that saves people in the field. Then I would either be the one that either brings in the medical supplies in a shortage or the one that brings a rescued injured person to you, among other things." Luna closes her eyes briefly. "We both share the same plight when it comes to doing what we can to help others and any lapse in our time is when something important is lost."

"But for now, let us not think of our duties and enjoy ourselves" She nods and smiles before follows June.

Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2019 11:48 am

"Indeed. I think after a night like tonight, I think we both need a release. Let's see if this festival can do that for us."

The hours seemed to slip by. The festival had a lot to take in, and June in particular was not really used to the sights and sounds. Part of her felt like she was becoming a hermit, so she figured it was beneficial for her too. Stalls of all kinds could be found throughout the place, everything from good an exotic foods, to games, to even a few souvenirs that June couldn't help herself in picking up. She figured Reisen might appreciate a few of them to help liven up the place. She noticed that Luna made it a point to try and avoid sugar if possible. Maybe it was an allergic reaction of some kind? She didn't feel the need to push it, though. In the end, seeing her this relaxed felt worth it. She did wish to know more about her, however.

Slowly, the stalls started packing up and closing shop, things getting darker as the night went on. It was a pity, but all good things had to come to an end eventually. June had a bag of things she picked up from the festival, mainly the aforementioned souvenirs but also a bottle of rice wine to enjoy back home. She had gotten something for Luna too, just a little something.

"Would you like to join me for a little after-festival fun? I know a good place for it. Plus, it's still your day off."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 7:21 pm

Luna seems to be more at home in a festival.  Even if it is part of a mission, she tends to absorb the sight and learn the culture on instinct.  Even her committee colleagues sometimes tease her of having a but of a lust for culture.  And of course, because it is a harvest festival, there is lots and lots of food with recipe that appeal to her taste.  Cooking was one of the things she desired to take into had she have the time.  It took much of her willpower to only order small samples instead of large meals, otherwise the rabbit would be too full by the time they only reach half of the festival though she seems to be getting discount on the count of her performance previously.   She also bought some food for both herself and June though she avoids the sugar as if she eats too much, she ends up becoming extremely hyper.  

It was fairly dark once the festival ended and Luna thoroughly enjoyed herself.  Fortunately she wasn't quite full yet.  "Well we still have time before night completely sets in.  Where are you proposing for the last moment of relaxation?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 8:55 pm

During the festival, she noticed how much more relaxed Luna was. She was incredibly attentive of little details, and seemed particularly excited to take in the sights and the sounds. She was a local celebrity after her performance, to boot.

"Well, the place in mind should be rather quiet right about now. And it should be the perfect place to get something to wash down all the festival food. Something to unwind a little from the excitement where we can just...talk a little. If that's fine with you."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 9:31 pm

Luna nods in acceptance to June offer. "Well a bar or a place to drink is fine." She then pauses a bit. "Although I should warn up that I sadly cannot hold too many drinks. That said though, it should let us unwind down from the excitement (especially with Luna and cultural festival) and we can continue off where we left off from the inn. That and I wish to know a bout more of you, if that is alright."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 9:57 pm

"Good, then I know just the place. I wouldn't mind continuing from where we left of, and I'd love to answer anything you'd ask."

The two found themselves at a very familiar location for June. Rustic, but very well kept. Makalov ran a tight ship when it came to his business, and it was one of the things he carried over from home. As she expected, there was only a few still left in at the time, mainly a few night owls still eating and a small smattering at the bar for one reason or another. The two of them took a seat at the bar and it wasn't long before Makalov himself went to the two of them.

"Ah, there's the old girl! How've you been? Feels like it's been ages!"

"Something like that, at least. Been a busy few days through things. Trying to wash down the festival with a friend. Makalov, this is Luna, someone I met for business but ended up having a great time with."

"Well, any friend of June's is a friend of mine! Nice to meet ya!" he said as his massive arm met hers for a shake.

"I take it you'll have the usual then, June?"

"Sounds good. Not trying to kill any pain tonight, but it'd be nice to unwind a little."

"Got it. And how about you, miss Luna?"

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Luna follows June into the rather homely bar where her client is greeted by a giant on a man. Contrast to her rather elegant methodology that would outwardly suggest a more noble upbringing, her taste in alcoholic establishment tends to favor more of the personal and humble environment, which this bar fits. However she did not sit down until June does so. Meanwhile she greeting the man with a handshake though comically she can only grasp a portion of his hand in a shake due to the notably size difference between the svelte rabbit and the large bartender. "A pleasure to meet you. Thank you for having me here."

She takes a moment to look through the selection, opting out the overly sweet drinks and the ones with high amount of alcohol mentally before landing on a decision. "Do you still have the Pinot Noir up there?" She indicates with her hand.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 5:05 pm

He gave June a sly look. "Good taste, this one. You're in luck, we just got a shipment today! Alright, one Pinot, coming up."

He pulled a fresh bottle from his collection, the sound of it being uncorked for the first time leaving a very distinctive tone, and poured her some in a wine glass, leaving the bottle with her. He then reached for a unique bottle that Luna had likely never seen before, that being June's personal favorite. In it was an Underworld mixture of alcohol, wine, and sake that was extremely potent, but was far from tasteless. It was flavored using Chardonnay, the finest rice wine the oni's could make and a touch of cider, all culminating in a unique blend of flavors and kick. Most normal people would barely be able to down the bottle, but June's unique physiology made it perfect for her. He did the same for her, and left the two of them to talk in peace as he tended to a few others at the bar.

June took a sip of hers, relishing that unique flavor and zing that came with it. "Outdone yourself as usual, Makalov." she said to the man.

She looked back at Luna. "So, Luna, what did you have on your mind? Feel free to ask whatever you like."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 5:41 pm

The rabbit courier had been looking over the menu still to maybe choose some back-up drinks in case they did not have any Pinot but upon confirmation that they have it, she abandoned her back-up plan in favor and sitting with June as their drinks are served, thanking Makalov before she takes a sip from her drink. In contrast to June's drink, hers was more moderate in the alcohol. It may be a bit mild for experienced drinkers but was well suited for Luna's less-than-average tolerance for alcohol. "Thank you, sir." She rotates the stool to face June.

"Well I was wondering what is it that drove you to become a doctor." June has spoken of her past coming to the village, the important part of their investigation, but Luna decided to strike the conversation before that to know the doctor a bit better.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2019 6:03 pm

"What made me want to become a doctor...gods, it feels so long ago."

What had made her want to be a doctor? It feels like something she hadn't considered in a while, just lost in a sea of other important memories.

"In the little village that we grew up in, we didn't really have a doctor per say. Sure, there was some people who were good with their hands, and could patch up small injuries here and there, but whenever someone would get seriously injured, they'd have to take serious trips across the mountains to get it done. It was...an ordeal, when it was more than the village could handle."

She was having trouble remembering the real reason for it. Sure, it was a necessity, but she knew it wasn't just that. And then it hit her. Her expression turned melancholic.

"I guess...the turning point for me was when my mother died. Mom was a priest, and Dad a carpenter. Mom always wanted me to grow up to be part of the Sisterhood, like she was. One morning, the storms were particularly bad, but Mom was dedicated to give her sermon. The storm raged on through it all, but she was determined to have it continue to the few people who braved the storm to hear her. And...the church collapsed."

She had started tracing a finger around the top of her glass, absentmindedly. Like she was trying to feel less bad about these memories she hadn't thought about in a while.

"The entire village instantly got together to help pull everyone out of the wreckage. Most of them died instantly. Mom hung on, but her injuries meant she wouldn't have lived long enough. We stayed with her until her injuries took her. I think I was...7 at the time, I believe. It was a lot to take in."

She looked back over at Luna. She was mostly composed, but Luna would probably notice that she looked...tired, just from the thought of it.

"I suppose I became a doctor because...I wanted to prevent more like that. So other people didn't have to feel like I did. And I felt like I could. It took me years, but I ended up self teaching myself enough that I could help people, better than any few day trip could. And...part of me liked seeing people happy. I grew to love my work, and it changed from a necessity, to...a passion."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 9:19 pm

So it was tragedy that had spurned her into starting to become a doctor.  Though she did face tragedy during the time, she seems to have coped with it or she was young enough that she is still able to spring back, children's emotional resilience is often underestimated.  Still...June had to grow up without a mother all her life.  

"My condolences for your loss.  Though if she were to witness who you are today, and what have you done to others.  She would have been very proud of what you done and how far have you progressed in your life."  Luna holds off on taking another sip as she closes her eyes for a moment, almost in a silent respect for the dead.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2019 10:08 pm

She chuckled a little at her comment. "Part of me think's she still would have preferred I ended up as a priest like she was. She was always stubborn like that. Strict, too. But...thank you."

She took another sip herself. "I remember being holed up in my room for a week or so after it happened. I guess I didn't want to accept it at the time. Slowly, my mind changed from what I could have done, to what I felt like I could do now, and once my mind was set, I sprang back with more focus than ever. It helped that I took to the whole thing a lot better than anything I had set my mind to before. Guess it was just meant to be, maybe."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 7:35 pm

Luna simply smiles at that before taking a brief sip of her drink that she was holding off for a bit savoring the taste for a moment. "You also have a very strong will, June. Without any help from anyone, you are able to turn something like that and channeling it into something productive. A bit of me envies you a bit. Had it occurs on my end, I do not believe I would be able to reblossom as well as you have done."

Her eyes moves to the reflection of the surface of the liquid within her drink as if staring at the reflection as if in thought of something, of the subject in hand.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 9:36 pm

She had to think about that for a moment. She hadn't really given it much thought at the time. She was still young, at the time, before...all of this.

"I suppose. Part of me wonders if I'm truly that same person from so long ago anymore. So much has happened since then." She took a sip of hers to match it. "Back then, I didn't have so much on my mind. I didn't have goals, or aspirations, or things I felt like I truly had to do with my life. It was open, and it just felt...right, I guess. After everything I've went through after that day, I guess a lot of it has changed me."

She noticed Luna staring down at her drink, lost in thought. "Something on your mind?"

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 8:13 pm

Luna's silver gray eyes continue to stare down at the red surface of the Pinot Noir in the glass as she speaks soflty as before. "Just imagining myself in your position. I have been fortunate that I have such avoided such tragic events so far but..." The rabbit's voice drops down in volume, almost like a whisper considering how quiet her voice is "Would I have your mental fortitude to stand up should it befall me?"

There was a pause before she turned towards June with a smile though a subtle sadness belies within that smile. "My apogigies if my words seems rather folly to you."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 9:11 pm

She took a moment to observe the rabbit, her body language, and what she was really feeling. It didn't take a vision of her soul to see her melancholy on the topic. Maybe tonight had put a lot in perspective for her.

She sighed, and placed a hand on Luna's shoulder reassuringly. "I think...that you're stronger than you think you are. It's just...a different kind of strength than mine. We might be very different kinds of people, but I can tell that you're a strong person." She said with a warm smile.

She gave a soft squeeze before pulling her arm back and finishing her glass, topping her glass off after she was done. She was starting to actually feel the buzz just a little now, but it was enough that she was still entirely cognizant through it. "I don't mind you being open with yourself, Luna. I appreciate it, actually. Truth be told, you felt more like the type that doesn't get many opportunities to do so. It's healthy to open up every now and then."

PostSubject: Re: Healers of Mind and Body   Healers of Mind and Body - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Healers of Mind and Body
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next