Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Into the Demeter Woods

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 4:49 am

Dixi was surprised by the big guy's speed, she could race against him with her weight completely and he would still make for a surprisingly intense race. She waved at Anika before focusing on Ryofu. "I have no intention of leaving without some answers, that's for sure." She then looked at Ferro. "I take you are coming too right?"
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

Location : Daybreak Town, slaying Heartless and collecting Lux

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 6:17 pm

Ferro couldn't believe Barchiel, charging off at such... incredible speeds... ahead of them all. He shook out of his stupor to answer his two remaining companions. "Oh yeah, don't worry, I'm with you guys until we figure this out. This whole thing is getting worse and worse by the second and I don't like it." He began to walk ahead towards the city, knowing the others would be right behind him. "You said you might know someone in the city, Ryofu?"

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 5:45 pm

Eventually, the Space Marine managed to get to the town, skidding to a halt as he did so. With a mental command, the loud chiptune-y music playing from his helmet turned off. With a slow turn, he crossed his arms and waited at the city entrance for the others. And to think, he had offered them a ride...
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 11:49 pm

"Something like that. I had a little bit of info before showing up here about where to start." She didn't really know how much to reveal to the group at this point. Things had gone very, very differently than where they had started. But, confidentiality was still probably the name of the game. Plus, it would help if she didn't let on that she was hiding anything, either.

"First thing I'm gonna do is ask some of the locals about some history. Might do a bit of tavern hopping. Loose lips know all the details." She had one in particular she was going to look into, at least. Hopefully this Callisto would play ball, since Luna had mentioned he wasn't in their number.

"I'll do a bit of digging on my own on that one, though. Might work best if I'm going in solo for that. Should look less like a mob, right?" She looked back and forth between the two of them, pointing at the two of them as she did. "You two mind keeping that snake thing on the down-low? I don't need everybody knowing what I'm afraid of, if I can help it."

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 8:06 am

"I agree but still." She pointed back at her with one hand on her waist. "Going alone could be dangerous, me and Ferro can go in a bit later and act like normal patrons." An old trick on her book she was used to try whenever she was in a mission that needed information gathering. "Interrogating is not my strong suit but I know how to blend in."
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 1:31 pm

"She's right, no matter how capable you are, it's better to be safe than sorry. Dixi, your plan sounds good, so I'm all for that." He stretched his arms and gave his back a nice loosening after that, showing his fatigue from the trip. "Plus, I actually could use a drink and some time to rest my feet. We can just disguise our tavern hopping as a good old tavern crawl, getting drinks from every place in the city until we're satisfied."

He grinned at his two remaining allies at the idea and said, "And since we're all clearly from out of town, it'll be a pretty obvious thing for tourists to do, especially after a day's work."

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 1:36 pm

Ryofu tapped the side of her cheek with a finger in thought, imagining how things played out. She didn't really know what to expect, that much was true. It probably couldn't be anything she couldn't handle solo, especially after a whole forest of Midara, but she understood their concerns. Still, the two of them didn't really seem like the espionage type. And Ryofu could do that, thanks to her own training.

"Hmmmm...alright. We'll do Dixi's idea, since I feel like it's probably the best way to go about things. I'll probe for info and let you two slip in as regular patrons, with no one the wiser. Hopefully, I can just get some bar talk out of the bartender and we can go from there. Put on a little charm, act a little naïve, ask the right questions, and we can go from there. First though, before we do anything...let's tally up what we're looking for specifically. First things in my head are figuring out where this whole mission came from, and when and why people stopped visiting the forest. Personally, I'm gonna ask to see if anyone recognizes Anika's mom, too. Little curious how that ended up. Anything besides that coming to mind?"

The party was coming up to the town entrance, where Barchiel was waiting for them. A thought crossed her mind. "I'll be honest, I don't think he's the best at acting inconspicuous. Do you think it'd be better to direct him somewhere else so that's not an issue? He's got a good heart, but I don't know if he can act...stealthy."

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 2:01 pm

"We should probably ask about the one putting up this job and I agree with asking about Anika's mom. I have a really bad feeling about that topic though." Dixi couldn't shake that bad feeling as she followed the others back to town where Barchiel was already waiting for them.

"Hmm... That's a good point. Me and Ferro can put up an act but he... Well..."
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 2:22 pm

"Sadly, I have to agree, he's not exactly the most discrete person," Ferro sighed, wracking his brain for something that the Space Marine could contribute to. It would be awful to simply exclude him, there had to be something he could do. Perhaps serving as a guard of sorts, maybe keep an eye out for suspicious individuals around town.

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 10:08 pm

The Blood Angel let out a chuckle as he watched the others arrive. Despite his bulkier stature, he was doing his best to stay out of the way, simply staying close to the entrance of the town without actually going in. Plans and stratagems were zipping through his mind at mach speed. Twas another day for an Astartes....
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 1:44 pm

Ryofu was the first to lightly jog over to the hulking man in armor, who was doing his best not to stand out too much. He could be a hothead when things got rough, but he was intelligent. Maybe it would work itself out? He did stick out like a sore thumb, though. However, Ryofu wasn't one to beat around the bush all that much.

"Sorry we kept you waiting. Truth be told, I was not really sure what to expect." She let out a little breath as she caught herself. "I wasn't sure how to put this so I'm just gonna come out and say it. We're gonna do a little stealth reconnaissance to figure out what's going on, before we go charging in and busting heads. Plus, there's a few things I wanna know too. I want you to answer me honestly: how do you feel about playing along till we get the whole picture? And do you think you can do it with us?" Her form bent a little with her hands on her hips, looking the man directly where his helmet's eyes are, unflinching and not holding back.

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 6:18 pm

".....My skills are unfortunately more suited from the frontlines. I am not a scout. Hence my armor." As if to emphasize the point, Barchiel motioned towards his bulky armor. "If need be, I can keep an eye on the perimeter. If said person tries anything....They won't get far."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 3:48 pm

Ryofu brought a hand to her chin in thought. "I had a feeling it wasn't really your strong suit. That's okay though! No one's gonna think twice about trying anything stupid with you backing us, but leave the smooth talking to me." She waved to the group behind her, as she walked into town with the other three in tow.

"Keep in the look out for one in particular. I think it's called...Lucky Paw. The owner's been here for years. Chances are, if anyone's going to know the full picture, I feel like he would. So, just so we're clear on what we're looking for..." She started counting down with her fingers. "First, we gotta find more about the entirety of Demeter. History, people's opinions, that sort of thing. Second...if Anika said was right, figure out why everything is different now in comparison to back then. Especially since most of the midara didn't even realize this whole sentiment was a thing. Finding out more about our requestee will help, too. And lastly, I'm going to look into whether Anika's mom is a figure people recognize. A very powerful cat person mage is something that likely leaves an impression on people, and if Demeter had a good standing beforehand, that makes me worry a bit."

She craned her neck backward as she walked to look at everyone. "Anything else you guys can think of while we look?"

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2021 6:28 pm

"It would be preferable to find someone a step or two down in position from the mayor if possible. Someone who might not be fully involved, but just high enough in power to know something." Ferro considered things for a moment, sighing as he shook his head. "Sadly, that's probably not probable, so we'll just have to take what information we can."

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 1:45 pm

"Hmm... Information is always a strong source of income. If Ryofu is convinced that this guy can give us the intel we need, I think it's worth a shot, maybe he can share some light on the mayor as well." Being used to deal with brokers, Dixi was convinced that the information they were looking for could be expensive so she didn't wait much before asking the question that popped in her mind. "What if this guy asks for money in exchange of the info?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 1:44 pm

"That's the plan, at least. I've got a bit of funds on me, but I don't expect to use too much." Ryofu pulled a little purse out of her pocket, with a little bit to work with. It wasn't much, but she wasn't there to barter, at least. If she got the right drinks and played it cool, everything should work itself out, if Luna's information was accurate.

"As long as we don't look like we're shaking him down, I think things will work themselves out. We've got a few things to offer, if it comes down to it. I've got a tiny bit, some charm, some connections here and there...should be fine! I think." She stretched her arms upward, before turning her back towards the group, waving them on. "Remember the plan, guys. And we're looking for a Lucky Paw Tavern, to start with. If I'm right, it should give us what we need."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 1:17 pm

The group asks around for directions to the Lucky Paw tavern. A few are slightly nervous with interacting with a group that consist of the behemoth of an armored man that is Barchiel . But Ryofu, Dixi, and Ferro's amiable nature eases the tension somewhat. It didn't take too long for them to find the Lucky Paw. Although with its appearance, it is a bit hard to miss.

Compare to the mostly stone and wood rustic appearance of the town, the build looks well maintained and even its appearance is different from the theme of the town. The building is built out of bricks and pained black dark gray that make up the majority of the outside appearance. The entrance is distinct that it has an overhang with supporting pillars and a distinct pair of cat ears was at the wooden door. The sound of a piano is heard within the building.

Barchiel decides to wait outside while the other 3 go in in search of information of the situation on hand as his appearance could unnerve the person they are trying to take to. As the three enters, the area is relatively busy but not packed that the party would have any trouble moving. There were many tables with occupants that had some food such as fish and chips to go with their drinks. For all of its relative crowdedness though, the air seems fairly relax and not too loud; you can still hear the sound of a piano playing at the far end where a young redhead woman was playing a slow relaxing melody.

At the center is short black haired young man with cat ears sprouting from his hair, serving another patron a glass of a clear light brown beverage that seems to bubble slightly. "...and no, it is because you are selling yourself too short. You are better than you think you are. Please think on it." His triangular ears pick up the sound of new potential customers. Though when he looks at the source of the steps, he pauses for a moment. Three people enters the establishment looking as if they are adventurers, nothing out of the ordinary though. None of the patrons pays them any special attention either.

"Welcome to the Lucky Paw. What would you like this fine evening?" His hand gestures to the lit-up board behind him indicating the various drinks and even food available to the group, detecting they are new to his establishment.
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 2:57 am

Before venturing off to search for the tavern, Ferro had actually offered quite a bit of money to Dixi if having more for drinks would help their cover. Any inquiries regarding his own fundings after such an offer were dismissed with a response akin to, "No worries, I still have more than enough."

After hunting down the Lucky Paw, Ferro slipped into his best casual demeanor. Strolling towards the counter, he smiled pleasantly, with a hint of well-feigned exhaustion to imply an eagerness to have a break from some rather strenuous job request. "Tropical margarita and a Pot o' Gold, please, it's been a long day."

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 2:52 pm

At the offer of money, Dixi refused and show the man a small sack of coins before following him inside to start their cover act, sitting next to him. "And one whisky. Time to relax."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 5:28 pm

There was an air to this place that Ryofu hadn't quite expected. Far more than just a standard tavern, it had an atmosphere to it. The soft sound of a piano, a pleasant aroma here and there, and an overall pleasant experience right from stepping in. It looked like things were going according to plan, as the group didn't arouse any suspicion from anyone involved, tavern owner or otherwise. That had to be him, Calisto Ehetkatl.

While the others feigned exhaustion, she had enough actual exhaustion to simply just let it show and be on par with if not moreso than her companions. After a day like today, she could do with a little bit of actual R&R.

She took a seat next to the two of them. "A mocktail sounds nice. Make it strawberry." She wasn't one for alcohol, but something to give her a little pick-me-up couldn't hurt.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2021 10:19 pm

"Tropical margarita with Pot o' Gold, whiskey, and strawberry mocktail. Lots of folks going whiskey tonight." The cat bartender writes down the order while flipping a gaze over the group with an appraising eye. "Rough day? The lots of you look ready to drop." With that, he rips out the paper and uses his tail to bunch it up into a ball and tosses it to the young lad manning the tap who catches it and unravels the order.
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2021 11:03 am

"Tedious, trying, and tempestuous, and many other things that start with 'T'," Ferro stated as he took his seat, placing his head in his arms. He seemed quite exhausted, with a jubilance befitting only of one freed from their daily duties and trying to embrace the good part of their day.

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 2:16 pm

Ryofu was decidedly less focused on the good part of their day. If anything, she was a little frustrated that things had gone the way that they did. And, letting that little tidbit show was good for her. She pouted a little as she laid her head on the counter. "That's putting it lightly."

Out of the corner of her eye, she could have swore she saw something, something that made her skin crawl, but as her gaze whipped around to it, all she saw was an empty seat. "After a day like this, feel like I'm seeing things."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2021 7:18 pm

"The terrific trio tested and tuckered by the tumultuous trials of traveling and tasks?" The neko tilts his head before leaning against the counter, spouting off Ferro's T alliteration continuations. He did look forwards the direction Ryofu was looking briefly reaffirming her hallucination.

"So what got you folks all distressed out? Or you rather leave that on the road behind ya?" Callisto pops up and sits on the bar counter. Almost immediately one of his staffers gave him a look of reproach, causing the short neko to hop back off with a mutter of "OK fine Terra..."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 4:52 pm

If there was one thing Ryofu could say about the bartender, he was certainly animated. Maybe he enjoyed putting on a bit of a show. To get through the monotony of day to day jobs, finding ways to keep things fresh would definitely help the days go by quicker.

"Well..." And sure enough, it was getting her to open up a little bit. "We got called here from out of town to solve some sort of problem, you know? Requests, and all. We got called in to deal with that forest problem we'd heard about. And that was...man, that was a lot." She didn't even have to fake that exhaustion. It was all real, and it had taken a toll on her now that the majority was over.

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Into the Demeter Woods
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next