Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Into the Demeter Woods

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

Location : Daybreak Town, slaying Heartless and collecting Lux

Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 10:18 pm

"I think I could possibly get an audience with the mayor, if I throw my name and title around..." he suggested, though his tone betrayed how sour he felt about it. He's never liked abusing his position as an heir of the Magia name, but in cases like this, he couldn't deny it came in handy. "Though what we do going beyond that is dependent on a few things."

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 2:40 pm

An almost exhausted groan escaped the Space Marine. Much as he loathed to admit it, they had a point. With that, he stormed back, crossing his arms. If Space Marines could sulk, Barchiel would be doing it.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 3:18 pm

Ryofu couldn't deny that there was some part of her that wanted to take the big guy's approach. But, sadly, they were right. It wasn't that simple.

"...is it already too late?" She said the statement a little open-mindedly, throwing it out there before continuing. "He's been spreading propaganda, bringing in unruly sorts, that sort of thing, right? Suppose we ousted him as the liar that he is. Do you think people would slowly accept the forest again? Or would the majority stand with him, regardless of that?" A horrible thought crossed her mind that even if they were successful, they would still drive the group out because they believed the things he had already spread over what they could offer, and nothing would change.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 5:44 pm

Callisto levels a gaze towards Barchiel despite the massive height difference. "Well overthrowing him is just going to have people think he has a point with outsider midara - sympathizers or charmed trying to depose him. So yeah, let's not do that." He nods to Dixi to acknowledge her reservation for the armored man's solution

The eyes now focuses on Ferro. "As for throwing around titles around to speak with him...well what are you going to do once you meet him? The man has an agenda so it might be a bit tough to try to convince him otherwise. I'm going to admit I know nothing about nobility so that's just from this pleb's perspective."

His eyes finally lands on Ryofu. "If you can somehow find shady business and spill it out, it could definitely work. However, I'm afraid foul play is out of my field so I can't really give much information on it or how it is accomplished. And I am pretty sure there probably is something that will cover up general investigations."
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2021 4:29 pm

"I could try to convince him I'm all for supporting his goal and dig for information that way. Sadly, it's the best thing I can come up with." He didn't like Callisto's calling himself a pleb, he hated that sort of talk, but this wasn't the time for small things like that.

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 1:50 pm

Ryofu crossed her arms in thought. Dealing with liars and abusers...she was used to that. She was still concerned that their efforts might not change much, but there was some truth to it: finding the right information could turn everything around.

"Depends on how much he wants to please someone he thinks would be higher up the food chain than he is. He's got it pretty good here, after all. Would he want more?" It was one thing to stop a Midara problem, but this was quickly growing into something she didn't think any of them had planned on. Overthrowing a corrupt politician? She wanted to help, sure, especially after meeting with Anika, but she couldn't help but feel a little overwhelmed.

Unconsciously, she placed a hand over her ear and let out a sigh. All of this was starting to get to her a bit...She had to think of something!

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 1:58 pm

"If what we know about him is true, I'm pretty sure he will. That kind of people always want more power." Dixi crossed her arms under her chest and laid back against the wall. "If Ferro can dig up some information we could find some way to take that bastard down."
Back to top Go down
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2021 2:04 pm

Barchiel went silent, still as a statue. Different plans were cycling through his mind. Unfortunately, most of them landed upon the idea of violence. He *was* a Space Marine, after all.
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2021 11:38 pm

"Seems like you folks have have now. Well whatever happens now is in your hand and out of mine. Let's see what happens. But, I won't blame you if you decide things are too dicey and decode to get out of Dodge." The neko bartender sighs for a brief moment. "Just remember, you did not hear this from me. If they ask me about if I said anything, I'll deny it."

Luna decided to chime into Ryofu's ears. "Just remember that self-serving politicians expect things to be transactional, that both side get something. Charity for them would make them suspicious since they assume that there is a catch and that people in power generally think the way they do." The senior IDOL agent had over a decade worth of being within politics to have experience deal with this sort of people. "If your group doesn't feel well equipped for this type of excursion I can call in some people that can, especially considering that this type of mission would be out of your expertise. You have also me."
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 11:43 am

"So do we have any other ideas? I'm open to suggestion, but that's honestly the best thing I can think of." It was possible he could convince the mayor that the three accompanying him were associated with him. Perhaps bodyguards, assistants, etc.

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 11:49 am

"Nothing I can think of here... Your plan might be the best chance we have at this, althought it might take some time to convince the guy." Acting as bodyguards should be easy for them, at least easier than going in guns blazing and pretty much with a much lesser negative effect than the aforementioned running in.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2021 11:01 pm

Ryofu let Luna's words stew in her ear for a moment. It was true that all of this was way out of her range. Way more than they'd ever expected things to go down. At first, this was just a simple problem solving mission, and now, things had exploded into something so much larger. If things had gone down differently, there's a chance Ryofu might have genuinely backed out from all of this. But...she had gotten to know the people on the other side of this. Anika, and all the midara living in that forest. And she'd never be able to forgive herself if she didn't try.

"...no. I think we can handle this. Thanks, Luna. I needed that." The heartbeat thumping in her chest was starting to grow a bit calmer. Luna really did have a way of keeping her relaxed. She rejoined the rest of the group, looking slightly more in control of herself than she had a moment ago. "No, I think Dixi's right. This seems like the best option we've got. We might as well take it. But we're gonna need our story straight. Get all the angles covered. This has to be airtight. And, how good are you at spinning a yarn under pressure, Ferro?" The gears in her head were turning, just a bit now.

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 2:37 pm

"I have some experience exchanging boring business discussion with other people, I suppose. Guess that's one good thing my dad gave me," he laughed, nodding in agreement to Ryo's statement. They had to get a good story if they wanted to be convincing, especially if all of them were to go into this. "I think I can create a decent story, but my brother's honestly better at that than I am. Still, I think I could pull it off..."

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 5:44 pm

"I suppose I shall play the part of the...silent bodyguard, then." It infuriated Barchiel. But as loath as he was to admit it, he was only good as a walking armory...
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 1:36 pm

An idea popped into Ryofu's head at the walking fortress's dejection. "Okay! I've got it!" First, she ran over to Barky and grabbed one of his massive hands with both of hers. "Barky, once we get the info we need, I'm gonna need you to spread it to the people in a massive, bombastic fashion! How good are you at rallying a crowd in glorious, justice-fueled passion?!?" There were practically sparkles in her eyes at the thought of it. Everything was coming together, at least in her head.

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 1:44 pm

".....Hrmm. We Astartes are created to be warriors...But I believe that, if I tried hard enough, I could rally a crowd." With that, Barchiel looked to the others. "Are you folks okay with such things?"
Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 1:58 pm

That was actually a great idea he hadn't considered before, for if nothing else Barky was loud and passionate to say nothing else. "Sounds good to me. This actually feels like good fit for you, I gotta admit!"

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 2:06 am

"He does certainy has the voice or it. I'm sure the big guy can make sure everyone in town hears the truth." It was a bit of a rushed plan but a good one nevertheless. "Good idea, Ryofu. I'm sure you'll knock them down, big guy, rally that crowd like crazy."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the Demeter Woods   Into the Demeter Woods - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Into the Demeter Woods
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14