Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Doki Doki Doujin Hunters

Go down 
+21
Panoptes
Bloodly
Daemon McRae
maybeimalion
Ninja_Named_Bob
NeoGeno450
ChevalierDiabolique
rpganon123
MistaJoestar
DocBadonk
SoloWingPixy
jonathan123
NanasBanananas
SwerveStar
Yuna
065227n
Urago_
AnonRoy
LazyAlex
Dark-Evil-Lord
Mkmd13
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
rpganon123

Doki Doki Doujin Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 5:00 pm

Hey all new rpg maker game I am working on.
The game works a bit like monster hunter. (Take on quests, craft weapons and armor to become stronger, form a party, etc...)
The game also features a lipstick mechanic where the enemies will coat your character in lipstick to weaken them.
I only have a 3 quests made right now but the ground work for the main game is complete so now it's just a matter of adding quests.
Please tell me what you think.

No link available for now!

Credits:
TheWeilder (writer of House of Temptation): Wrote all of Jessica's Game Over scenes.
Flash Trickstar: Provided some of the kissing sound effects.

Doki Doki Doujin Hunters Pics11

Last edited by rpganon123 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:41 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
NeoGeno450

NeoGeno450

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 7:38 pm

Perhaps maybe try using different kinds of lips for the kissing animations?
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 8:54 pm

Awesome! I shall check it out later on tonight and let you know what I think.
Back to top Go down
Dark-Evil-Lord

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 12:59 am

I want to add something quickly. I played it a bit and ran into a big bug. I was trying the second quest and was defeated, got teleported to the volcano level and was unable to leave on my own. Just something to look out for.
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 1:21 am

Yeah there are a couple of bugs that I have found out as well. One that Dark Evil Lord said and in the first quest, if you die while your character is stripped, you wont go back to the start of the level and your HP will remain 0, thus leaving you with nothing to do.
Back to top Go down
rpganon123

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 5:01 am

Mkmd13/Dark-Evil-Lord: thank you

Bugs fixed
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 12:17 am

Kool, I dont know if it is just me but I kind of find the game pretty difficult. I even recruited three other people to help me with the quests and still find my ass being handed to me by the girls haha.
Back to top Go down
rpganon123

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 4:44 am

Mkmd13: Here's some tips.
1. You can also recruit Anna for free but it's a random chance if she is available for that quest.
2. Anna is also a controllable character in battle.
3. If you go to the Adventurer's Academy and speak to the weapon masters you can learn a new move.
4. You can learn a second move if you speak to them again and bring them basic materials.
5. If you speak to the bartender at the pub you can have a chance at increasing one of your stats for the duration of your quest or until you die once.
6. Each quest has clothing bins that you can mine basic materials from. (random chance on what you get)
7. The alchemist can craft spells for you out of basic materials.
8. When recruiting members for your party I would recommend checking if Anna is available first, then picking the axe user and spear user. (if Anna is busy then replace her with the sword user.) All these characters carry shields and therefore have more health and defense.
9. Damage accumulates on a boss so you have 3 tries to bring them down. If your first 2 tries failed the boss is probably very low on health at that point so don't give up
you can still win but the cash rewards will be less.

I'll also look into increasing the players stats to make things a bit more fair and maybe make the simple potion a bit more effective.

Thank you for your feedback.
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 12:04 am

No problem and thank you very much for the helpful tips. Maybe you should create a book for the player to read in the house you first start out with with all these tips in them.
Back to top Go down
rpganon123

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 4:13 pm

Basic stats are increased
Potions increase more
First spell in the magic shop is free

The game should be much easier now. You shouldn't need a party to defeat a boss now. Started on the next quest but its incomplete and probably bugged, so save before trying it.
Back to top Go down
LazyAlex

LazyAlex

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 6:07 pm

You added save points yet?
Back to top Go down
AnonRoy

AnonRoy

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 6:29 pm

I'm enjoying this, but after purposely losing to Jessica, nothing happened. It was just sort of an "oh well, you lose, want to try again?" kind of thing. I haven't attempted the other missions yet - is it safe to assume the same thing will occur? It feels like sex without an orgasm to me... >.>

Overall, though, that's really the only downside I can see so far. The game itself is framed well, and if my work on The House of Temptation is anything like working on an RPG Maker game, that means you've already finished half the battle. Mechanics are in place, ideas are in your head, a Universe has been established, now you just need to add more, and that's the easy part.

Overall, I'ma toss it a tentative 8/10 on the assumption the game will continue to be built in the same way as I've experienced thus far, with the two points coming off from a lack of actual sex (Game-Over or Otherwise) and no particular plot (that I've seen, anyways).

I definitely look forward to more!
Back to top Go down
Dark-Evil-Lord

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 7:17 pm

LazyAlex wrote:
You added save points yet?

If you use your character's bed then it should show the save files.
Back to top Go down
rpganon123

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 7:40 pm

LazyAlex: Save point is the bed. just like monster hunter.

TheWielder: Unfortunately writing is the hardest part for me. Figured I would work on the basics of the game first and add the game over dialogue later. Thanks for the support!

If anyone is interested in writing a gameover scene I would be more than happy to add it.
Back to top Go down
AnonRoy

AnonRoy

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 7:43 pm

I might be ever so slightly interested in writing out a few game over scenes. Or all of them.

Assuming my work is satisfactory, the only payment I ask is my (user)name in the credits.
Back to top Go down
rpganon123

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 7:56 pm

TheWielder: Sounds good. I guess PM me the scenes whenever and I'll try adding them in.
Back to top Go down
NeoGeno450

NeoGeno450

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 8:41 pm

I may be able to hook you up with some new kissing sound effects btw.
Back to top Go down
rpganon123

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Flash Trickstar: That sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
NeoGeno450

NeoGeno450

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 9:00 pm

Just pm me your skype. ^^
Back to top Go down
rpganon123

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:30 am

Flash Trickstar: I dont have a skype but after talking with TheWeilder I might try lowering the number of kiss attacks each character has and rework the lipstick system.
Back to top Go down
NeoGeno450

NeoGeno450

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 11:55 am

Why lower the amount of kiss attacks?
Back to top Go down
rpganon123

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 12:09 pm

Right now I have 6 kiss attacks per character anything more would be overkill.
Back to top Go down
NeoGeno450

NeoGeno450

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 12:20 pm

Well perhaps use different lips pictures and animation types for those kisses to vary them. =)
Back to top Go down
rpganon123

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 12:37 pm

Flash Trickstar: not a bad idea to change up the animations. Right now I have 3 different animation: single, double, and triple. The kisses are only varied by different sound animations but I could alter them a bit and make one normal, one long which would make 6 unique kissing animations. As far as the lip pictures I need to keep them uniform and only varied by color. If you can direct me to some other lip pictures that you think might be better I would be more than happy to take a look at them.
Back to top Go down
Urago_

Urago_

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 2:29 pm

Is there anywhere where I can learn what the status effects that the enemies inflict you with do? I'm a bit confused.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doki Doki Doujin Hunters   Doki Doki Doujin Hunters Empty

Back to top Go down

Doki Doki Doujin Hunters
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next