Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2

Go down 
+10
Yuna
Mkmd13
hertzez
Panoptes
Ninja_Named_Bob
Thunder
guametsunami
LeonOne994
wolfzero001
AnonRoy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thunder

Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 Empty
PostSubject: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 12:15 am

Hey folks! I started to make my own game. Very Happy

I work as a developer and thought why not make a small game in my free time. It´s kinda similar to HHS, but it will contain some new features.

---
Alpha release 0.5.1.2:
Another small update:
- fixed the performance issues
- fixed multiple bugs ("Kasumi call"-bug and "farm maki at the morning"-bug)

Download Link:
https://mega.nz/#!2YoD2SIR!nTzntk0sKm9oVaqPP3WpBlqakWDYTWy0ONuMIFoZ9mY

history:

---
Finally I'm ready to release my first version of the game. Of course it isn't a full game and it needs many more storyevents to work as intended. I want to release an alpha version to gather feedback from the community to see if it's worth spending more time on it. I want you to be brutal honest, whether you like the game concept and the writing style or not. I will not stop to develop games, because of an honest opinion. On the contrary I could work to improve the game or take the feedback and plan a new game with it.

If you find any critical bugs or points where the game crashes, please send me a message. I will try to fix it as soon as possible.
---
Basic storyline:
You take over the school as the new principal. A cult tries to corrupt the school. You have to resist the seduction from the cult for one whole year. You lose if the corruption reaches 100! The events on each location change, if the corruption raises higher

Features:
- Around 70 single Events
- 3 Special Events
- Smartphone (To replay scenes and get messages)
- Buy Buildings
- Open Clubs
- Change school rules
- Shop
- PTA (Vote for new rules)
- Studentlist (Expel students)
- Introduction/GameOver scenes
- Load/Save
- CG-Gallery

Planned:
- More Events and more special Events
- Switch images with poor quality and crop them to remove border
- Advertisments to promote your school and get more students (and more money)
- Change the way the clubmembers are assigned, to allow micromanaging
- Special scene if you call a girl to often and raise the affection to 100%.
- Eventgenerator (sometime faaar in the future)

Any feedback or ideas are appreciated Smile
If you want to know more about my project: https://thundersblogs.wordpress.com/

Some screens of version 0.2.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Thunder on Sun May 22, 2016 4:58 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
AnonRoy

AnonRoy

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 12:43 am

You have my attention, sir.

I'll be investigating this thoroughly in the near future.
Back to top Go down
wolfzero001

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 2:21 am

I already like where this is going. >w<
Back to top Go down
Yuna

Yuna

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 3:53 am

I like the idea, Though my faith in things getting completed lately is not very high.
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 4:02 am

Looks good from the screenshots! Can't wait for the demo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thunder

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Thanks for the kind feedback Smile small update in the first post.

Yuna wrote:
I like the idea, Though my faith in things getting completed lately is not very high.

I know what you mean Very Happy Have seen so many projects that just released a first version and then you never heard of them again. :/
But I will try my best to finish it, even if it takes a long time.

Soo do you have any ideas for the game? Just tell me if you have an idea for an event or for the game mechanics. Or if you have a fetish you want to have in the game.

I'm still thinking about a girlfriend/slave system, but no ideas yet.

@Mkmd13: I will try myself at some facesitting events Wink
Back to top Go down
LeonOne994

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 9:59 pm

This looks awesome cannot wait for you to add more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
guametsunami

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySun Oct 11, 2015 6:34 pm

hurry up an finish it it looks gud lol
Back to top Go down
Yuna

Yuna

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 5:37 am

You still kicking, or is this joining ye olden announced project that never was released graveyard?
Back to top Go down
Thunder

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 5:17 pm

Hey, just wanted to let you know that i'm still alive Very Happy. I still work on the project and plan to release a version at some time. I just underestimated the huge work load of the project. I wouldn't have thought that writing takes so much of my time. I was too naive and thought I could write 100 events on one day Very Happy. Well, lesson learned! But I haven't given up yet! Slow progress is still progress ^^

So please have some patience with me Smile
Back to top Go down
Ninja_Named_Bob

Ninja_Named_Bob

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 1:28 am

Thunder wrote:
Hey, just wanted to let you know that i'm still alive Very Happy. I still work on the project and plan to release a version at some time. I just underestimated the huge work load of the project. I wouldn't have thought that writing takes so much of my time. I was too naive and thought I could write 100 events on one day Very Happy. Well, lesson learned! But I haven't given up yet! Slow progress is still progress ^^

So please have some patience with me Smile

Ah, the struggle of a writer. Assuming you could write an entire light novel series in a single night and realizing at 2:30am that you were completely overestimating yourself. Don't burn yourself out, good sir. A delayed release is better than a dead game.
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 2:44 am

Yes very true. Doing too much is the number one cause of a game not being finished. Just start out light, release a demo, get feedback, and continue to build onto it.
Back to top Go down
Thunder

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 1:20 pm

@Mkmd13, @Ninja_Named_Bob: Thanks for the encouragement guys! I worked so much on the game in the last week, i'm planning to bring out an alpha version in 2015.

But, I've got an important question regarding the game. I'm currently fighting with the different image sizes. Would you prefer the images to stay in their original size? Or are you fine with a resized version of it. I don't see a huge quality loss, but maybe I just can´t see the difference. I would love to hear your opinion on this. I am currently thinking that resizing it is the better way to go. (I could crop the images, but I don't want to lose too much of the image.)

Original version:
Spoiler:
Resized version:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Thunder on Sun May 22, 2016 5:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AnonRoy

AnonRoy

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 2:41 pm

Original looks better to me.
Back to top Go down
hertzez

hertzez

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 2:43 pm

Cropping is infinitely better than stretched. If you want to resize it, keep the proportion the same, stretched image will not be acceptable in professional graphic industry.

Then again, this is not for professional purpose and for fun only (I suppose?), so it's fine whichever you choose, though I'm strongly against it. Smile

Anyway, good luck for the game, looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
Thunder

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 6:02 pm

Thanks for your tips! Yeah it is not for professional purposes, but I still try to give you the best possible quality in the game. I´ve decided to crop every image that doesn't lose any quality or important content. So, the majority of the images is now in the right format. You were a great help! I guess I just don't have an eye for stretched images Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Panoptes

Panoptes

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySat May 14, 2016 2:00 pm

Hey, just wondering if this is still a thing, the last update was some time ago, but i'm really interested in this
Back to top Go down
Thunder

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySat May 14, 2016 11:11 pm

Panoptes wrote:
Hey, just wondering if this is still a thing, the last update was some time ago, but i'm really interested in this

Hey, I haven't worked on it since january. It only needs one or two days of work and a little bit of bugfixing for an alpha release. I was really busy with work this year and couldn't continue with the development. In the past I mostly worked on it during my holidays and I will try to release a first version during my next holidays. It will probably be around July/August. I'm really sorry about the long wait!!

I don't know if I will continue to work on it after the first release. I just think it would be a waste of a lot of time if nobody ever saw what I have worked on. So you will get at least an alpha version later this year and if I will continue to work on it depends on the feedback I get once it is released.
Back to top Go down
hertzez

hertzez

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySat May 14, 2016 11:20 pm

You're still alive! Cheers! Very Happy
Actually, I'm really looking forward to this. I'm glad you haven't abandoned this project.

Anyway, you should post the alpha in other forums especially if you really want more feedback.
Back to top Go down
Yuna

Yuna

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySun May 15, 2016 5:59 pm

At worse unless theres some weird constraint with the engine you're working on you could release the source so somone else could take up the job of working on it. Or somthing. Im not entirely sure. Either way, Looking forward to some kinda alpha release..!
Back to top Go down
Thunder

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:00 pm

hertzez wrote:
You're still alive! Cheers! Very Happy
Actually, I'm really looking forward to this. I'm glad you haven't abandoned this project.
Anyway, you should post the alpha in other forums especially if you really want more feedback.

I come to the forum regularly and look for any new posts Very Happy. I just didn't want to get somebodys hopes up when they see a new post in this topic and still no release. That's why I didn't post anything. Yeah I intend to post it in a few other forums to get more feedback.

Yuna wrote:
At worse unless theres some weird constraint with the engine you're working on you could release the source so somone else could take up the job of working on it. Or somthing. Im not entirely sure. Either way, Looking forward to some kinda alpha release..!

I developed it with WPF, which is part of the .NET Framework. So someone else could easily take my source code, install visual studio and is good to go. In case I abandone the project and someone shows interest I have no problem with sharing the source code. Maybe I will upload it with Github.
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 2:06 am

Have you ever tried to do a kickstarter for the project? Maybe that would give you the motivation you need to finish the work.
Back to top Go down
Thunder

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 5:24 pm

Mkmd13 wrote:
Have you ever tried to do a kickstarter for the project? Maybe that would give you the motivation you need to finish the work.

I won't do a kickstarter, because of a few reasons. I personally wouldn't pay for a game of someone, who doesn't has experience with game development and/or hasn't shown the required writing skills. Yes, I work as a developer and have experience in many frameworks and programming languages, but I have not developed or released a full game before.

I especially wouldn't do an upfront payment, because I would feel really bad if I deliver a game that is not to your or my liking. I first want to see what feedback I get and if you like my game or not. Once the alpha is released you can take a look at it and decide if it's worth to continue the development. Only in that case I would think about using some plattform like Patreon for people that want to support me. Patreon is an option, because people can influence the direction of the game during the development and could get perks like early-access to new versions.

But to make it clear, I'm still motivated to develop games and will definitly finish the alpha version during my next break from work.

Just a short note: The game will have a few kisses in it, but is not exactly focused around the kissing fetish. It should be more like "Fantasy of Mindia", where the player is seduced with different fetishes.
Back to top Go down
Thunder

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 4:40 pm

Thanks for your interest in the game guys. Thanks to you I was extremely motivated this week and finished the alpha release this week. As I said in the mainpost I would love to hear your opinion on it, before I distribute it to another forum. Thanks for your patience and have fun playing the alpha!

small note: It may not feel like a game yet, because you have to grind the corruption a bit to unlock new events. (You can find the most events between 0-50% Corruption)
Back to top Go down
Yuna

Yuna

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 EmptySat May 21, 2016 6:02 pm

I'll take a look at it sometime this week((Or I guess next week since its a saturday))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2   Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Temptation High! Update:Alpha Release 0.5.1.2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next