Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is a Midara?

Go down 
+8
Celesty
BurningVulcan
SwerveStar
Kephry
ShadithBro
Cio
Yuna
Dataslycer
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 3:25 am

We all know that they are all universally beautiful females of any kind but I am not sure that we have a concrete detail of what exactly are they? Is it a lump-together word like the word youkai? I am slightly confused on this subject.

LoveHurts likes this post

Back to top Go down
Yuna

Yuna

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 12:55 pm

I feel like this has been answered before but damnit I cant quite recall
Back to top Go down
Cio

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 9:51 pm

Yes, i believe midara is some kind of beautiful demon that usually seducing people to do their bidding. Its a similar to succubus, but succubus is usually use her sexual way and called "Mare" as i remembered.
Back to top Go down
Dataslycer

Dataslycer

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 2:22 am

Reason for asking is because I am not sure if my last character, Harmony could be considered to be a Midara or not. I could make her human perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Yuna

Yuna

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Dataslycer wrote:
Reason for asking is because I am not sure if my last character, Harmony could be considered to be a Midara or not.  I could make her human perhaps.
Well for an idea on how some of us might see the concept, or similar, Swervestar did make an RP thing a long time ago here that explains a race called 'Sharmites' - and in general that seems to be somewhat like the concepts what we use for some of our midara ideas. Atleast physically.

Though alot of our ideas also drift from that to attain to our own fetishes at points outside of kissing or things that would not logically live in the same world(Which I certainly dont mind! I just dont see somthing silly like Toon Girls having the same living space as somthing much more serious)

in general if we put all our RPs together with all the enemy concepts we made there could be an entire universe or even multiverse if you think about it, and in some of those, the previous example I made about toon girls might make sense.

*shrug*

This is turning into abit of a ramble, but..

In general though the idea of a more human temptress is not a bad one.

Back to top Go down
ShadithBro

ShadithBro

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Midara HAS NO SUPERNATURAL MEANING! it more or less translates directly as "pervert".
Back to top Go down
Yuna

Yuna

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 3:30 am

ShadithBro wrote:
Midara HAS NO SUPERNATURAL MEANING!

it doesn't, but we seem to use it for some super natural 'enemies' or characters that aren't entirely human that use a form of weird (usually)kiss-centric sex-magic(Which is totally okay by my book!)

Alot of my ramblings were mostly speculations based off how I'd seen it used on the forums - which Im pretty sure thats what was being asked in sense.

Regardless, thank you for the literal translation I guess!

Back to top Go down
Kephry

Kephry

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 6:41 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midara

:^)

Back to top Go down
Yuna

Yuna

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 4:55 am

Kephry wrote:

What is a Midara? F8a
Back to top Go down
SwerveStar

SwerveStar

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 2:06 am

Yuna wrote:
Dataslycer wrote:
Reason for asking is because I am not sure if my last character, Harmony could be considered to be a Midara or not.  I could make her human perhaps.
Well for an idea on how some of us might see the concept, or similar, Swervestar did make an RP thing a long time ago here that explains a race called 'Sharmites' - and in general that seems to be somewhat like the concepts what we use for some of our midara ideas. Atleast physically.

Though alot of our ideas also drift from that to attain to our own fetishes at points outside of kissing or things that would not logically live in the same world(Which I certainly dont mind! I just dont see somthing silly like Toon Girls having the same living space as somthing much more serious)

in general if we put all our RPs together with all the enemy concepts we made there could be an entire universe or even multiverse if you think about it, and in some of those, the previous example I made about toon girls might make sense.

*shrug*

This is turning into abit of a ramble, but..

In general though the idea of a more human temptress is not a bad one.

To be completely honest, when I came up with the name "Sharmite" I more or less derived it from the word "Charm." The implication was that it was supposed to be a blanket term for the creatures that are naturally attuned towards the art of "Charming."

ShadithBro wrote:
Midara HAS NO SUPERNATURAL MEANING! it more or less translates directly as "pervert".

Is that where the term came from? That is amusing to me. XD

Yuna wrote:
Kephry wrote:

What is a Midara? F8a

There is absolutely nothing about this exchange that isn't funny to me.

It's incredible to think about how much things have changed. But I still do my best to be the best me I can.

Back to top Go down
BurningVulcan

BurningVulcan

Location : Daybreak Town, slaying Heartless and collecting Lux

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptyTue May 30, 2017 1:00 pm

The way I see it, "Midara" is just a general term for a supernatural being that either thrives on or takes great pride, pleasure, or enjoyment in seducing men and women. It could lead to either turning their victims into slaves or it could be a Midara's one-night stand or it could be for some personal reason.
Humans able to perform magic or bearing powers is another matter. They could simply be a human with powers.
My viewpoint on it is a big generalization, but it's how I distinguish things and not get overly confused.

Back to top Go down
Celesty

Celesty

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 7:20 pm

Well, going by what I've learned by being on this board. A Midara is a very beautiful girl who responds to guys slashing her with swords or shooting her with guns by kissing said guy. Then she gets the urge to screw him when he stops shooting/slashing her.

Back to top Go down
wolfzero001

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 10:11 pm

Ryona from Senran, eat your heart out. XD ( For the five people who would get that. XD )

But really they come off as somewhat succubus-ish to me. O3o

Back to top Go down
LoveHurts

LoveHurts

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 8:31 pm

From what I understand "Midara" seems to mean "Supernatural fem-fatale" It is more of a female archetype rather than a species of monster girl.

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 5:06 am

I always thought we took the term from an RPGMaker game and used it as a universal term for succubus-like enemies in terms of behaviour without needing the physical traits of a succubus like wings and tail.

Back to top Go down
Caustic_Clown

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 3:15 pm

It's whatever you want it to be, really. There's no standardized canon, just a set of conventions, which is absolutely vital if you want a small community with some shared but also some potentially divisive kinks to function. Imagine what a waste of time forum drama over whether something is 'midara' or not would be.

Back to top Go down
LoveHurts

LoveHurts

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? EmptyTue Apr 13, 2021 1:53 am

065227n wrote:
I always thought we took the term from an RPGMaker game and used it as a universal term for succubus-like enemies in terms of behaviour without needing the physical traits of a succubus like wings and tail.
This sounds pretty accurate. I would say a Midara is basically a monster girl who's physical or instinctive traits are generally considered sexual. What game did you see the term used in?

What is a Midara? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is a Midara?   What is a Midara? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is a Midara?
Page 1 of 1