Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

-Should I remake this completely?- Character Profile: Swerve Starbreak

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SwerveStar

SwerveStar

-Should I remake this completely?- Character Profile: Swerve Starbreak Empty
PostSubject: -Should I remake this completely?- Character Profile: Swerve Starbreak   -Should I remake this completely?- Character Profile: Swerve Starbreak EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 1:00 pm

-Foreword-
I KNOW I'm taking a lot of liberties with this character concept. If there are any issues with it that can't be worked around, bring them up with me and I'll adjust the character. Also I know that it may be a bit awkward that I'm using an author avatar. If that's a problem I'll make another character instead, I have a number of muses I can work with.
-Addendum-
Are the character profiles posted here available for anyone to use? I had not realized that... I just figured I'd post this character's profile here before I try to use them in an RP in case they would break the system too much.

-General Stats-
Name: Swerve Starbreak
Race: Half-Kyoukai (he appears Human aside from his angelic wings)
Weapon: Various, but primarily uses shortswords, ninja tools, and his feet
Armor: Normal looking clothes (a green headband, a white t-shirt with green on the sleeves, a red ribbon tied around his neck, red shorts, green shoes) that are magically enchanted for protection-they're less effective than actual armor but he prefers to have mobility over protection
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 140 lbs or so
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Brown
Body: Average-apparently he used to be slim (and he misses it)
Turn-ons: Kissing, kiss blowing, air kissing, bubblegum bubbles, plump lips (to a certain point), lipstick (as long as it's not messy or wet looking), cuteness, motherliness, kimonos, fluffy tails, softness
Turn-offs: Over-sized breasts (though he does like them on sweet-natured, motherly women), sultriness, cheesy flirting, messiness, people who are far too serious/can't take a joke

-Lore-
Swerve's story is a very strange one, but in brief, he's essentially a creature that has come from another world in search of knowledge, adventure, and friendship. Armed with a sense of humor, a sharp wit, equally sharp swords, and an unshakable force of will, Swerve has come to this world following his friend Karbon, attempting to do research on Midara/Monster Girls. He is extremely interested in the phenomenon known as "taming," which awakens the Humanity inside of a "feral" Midara and motivates them to pursue more varied goals (but not at the cost of their natural instincts). After having seen it occur in a number of Midara, he has decided to look for a wider variety of them to see if he can invoke it.

-Character Basics-
If there's anything Swerve is proud of, it's his speed and his willpower (and his puns). He frequently claims to be "the Rogue" and uses his slick moves, dodges, parries, and counterattacks to avoid taking damage. He bolsters his ability to evade using his wings to fly about when combating aerial foes, and by opening gaps in space for quick escapes. On top of this, his incredible willpower is so strong it allows him to function normally whilst charmed, though he isn't entirely immune to his own curiosities and may still fall victim to a Midara if he feels like he won't be endangered. However, his intense speed and unshakable will are offset by his primary weakness-his low stamina and vitality. While he can take more mental and seductive abuse than most, and he's very mobile and good at dodging, if he manages to take more than a few physical attacks, he won't be able to fight back. This aside, while he is more than capable of fighting, his main goal is to make friends. Because of this, he may hesitate to land finishing blows, instead preferring to negotiate with a weakened enemy to see if they would be willing to make up or become friends.

-Unique Mechanic: Stamina- (I may have to use a different term since that's the term we're using for HP)
Swerve enjoys using flashy, impressive moves, and can string them together into combos. However, he has a finite amount of stamina, and if he uses too many special attacks in a row, he'll exhaust himself and be left completely open.
-At base, Swerve has 3 stamina
-Most of his attacks use 1 stamina
-More powerful attacks or ones that involve swift movement use 2
-If Swerve passes a turn or otherwise doesn't attack, he'll take a breather and restore his stamina
-If Swerve uses a normal attack (normal slashes and kicks, throwing shuriken or kunai), he won't use any stamina, but he'll only restore 1 point on that turn
-Negotiating actions are considered "normal attacks" and allow for 1 point of stamina to be restored
-Swerve can continue to combo until he's at -2 stamina, but anything less than zero will have a detrimental effect on him
-If a combo puts him at -1 stamina, the attack that puts him there will deal less damage, and he'll become exhausted and be left standing still on his next turn, forced to take a breather
-If a combo puts him at -2 stamina or lower, the attack will also do less damage, and he'll collapse to the ground-not only will he need to take a breather, he'll be on his hands and knees at best, and flat on the ground at worst

-Passive Ability: Iron Will-
Swerve cannot be compelled to take any actions by enemies

-Passive Ability: Mind over Muscle-
Swerve has +10 Willpower (Charm HP), but also -10 Vitality (Physical HP)

-Special Attacks and Abilities-
Swerve has a tendency to improvise heavily with a wide variety of kicks, sword attacks, and counterattacks. However, these are moves he uses frequently...
~Crescent Moon: Uses 1 stamina. A backflipping kick that leaves him in the air.
~Eagle Dive: Uses 1 stamina. Dives out of the air to kick at the foe, landing on the ground as he does.
~Rising Eagle/Falcon: Uses 2 stamina. Rises into the air and performs a long distance diving attack with a kick/a sword. More powerful than his other attacks, and can be used from the air or from the ground. Cannot be effectively combo'd into.
~Dynamic Entry: Uses 2 stamina. A leaping kick performed while running. Can knock the target back.
~Kami Impact: Uses 1 stamina. A forward palm thrust he learned from someone important. Can stun the target. (If it stuns once, it will not stun again until the enemy has a chance to move)
~Crescent Strike: Uses 1 stamina. Swings a sword upwards, then downwards. Hits twice.
~Dashing Cut: Uses 1 stamina. Pauses a moment, then abruptly dashes forwards to slash with his shortsword. He remains still for a moment at the end, but covers a lot of ground with it.
~Hold Breaker: Puts his stamina at 0 unless he's already at 0, then it puts him at -1. Unleashes a burst of magical energy all around himself that knocks the enemy away from himself. If an enemy is grappling him, they'll lose their grip, but if they succeed on their dodge roll, they won't be knocked away.
~Gap Trick: Uses 1 stamina. Opens up a gap, which functions like a portal, and disappears into it. If the enemy succeeds on their roll, they'll catch him coming out of the other end, and he won't get an opportunity to attack.
~Quick Gap Trick: Uses 2 stamina. In one swift motion, Swerve opens a gap and leaps into it, immediately going into another attack. Used to dodge things quickly or catch the enemy off guard.
~Hold Back: Uses 1 stamina. Performs a restrained attack that can knock down an enemy, but will not drop their HP below 1.

It's incredible to think about how much things have changed. But I still do my best to be the best me I can.

Last edited by SwerveStar on Mon May 23, 2022 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SwerveStar

SwerveStar

-Should I remake this completely?- Character Profile: Swerve Starbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: -Should I remake this completely?- Character Profile: Swerve Starbreak   -Should I remake this completely?- Character Profile: Swerve Starbreak EmptyMon May 23, 2022 11:26 am

I should really update this guy. As much as I like the stamina system I made for him, it feels a bit overdone and overcomplicated. I'd like to build a relatively balanced character, but I'm not really sure where to start...

Honestly, I'd love to participate in these RPs from time to time, but I just worry that I'll leave a bunch of threads open and untouched for a while. >w>;

It's incredible to think about how much things have changed. But I still do my best to be the best me I can.
Back to top Go down

-Should I remake this completely?- Character Profile: Swerve Starbreak
Page 1 of 1