Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"

Go down 
+21
Professor Tree
Yuna
Removed
Dataslycer
Awesome_Dante
BurningVulcan
lelno
PieForPi
Cody9
Shakewell
BR0K3NH41KU
SoloWingPixy
CrimsonTercel
ddking
MistaJoestar
Mardion
anon64
NeoGeno450
Daistar
forest Assasin
Mkmd13
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2019 12:40 am

Thoughts right now about the game:

1. I want to get a demo ready and focus on getting a Midara (Cherry Succubus) ready to show off. I already have some attacks and descriptions made for her in writing, but nothing done in game. I'm not sure if all of the attacks should have graphics done for them, or only the special moves. I will talk that over with MrPr1993 and get his take on it.

2. My cancer treatment isn't over yet and that is still cutting into the time to make this game. The good news though is after my radiation therapy, that should be the end of it and cure rate after that point is 99%. I don't know how many radiation therapy sessions I need to do, but hopefully it isn't that much.

3. I'm still up in the air about selling the game or not. People want to help out with writing and I really appreciate that, but if I do end up selling the game, then I'm not sure how I should compensate them. I may need to get things in writing if I do sell to cover myself and not get myself into any legal trouble.

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2019 12:53 pm

Take your time Mkmd13!
For the first point, i would love to have graphics/images for all of the attacks of the Midara.
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2019 2:04 am

Cherry Succubus has been colored and uploaded onto the Patreon.

www.patreon.com/mkmd13

Ninja_Named_Bob

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 2:14 pm

A few points of criticism:

-What is your programming background? While RPGMaker isn't (from what I've heard) the most work-intensive engine, it does require some familiarity to work right. I mostly inquire because issues like bugs and inserting external content can be a bit tricky and I've seen projects that look promising from the perspective of a "newbie" developer end up either abandoned or take so long that interest dies after a couple years.

-That art. Yeesh! Listen, not to be a dick, but you could do so much better at $5/commission. Heck, I know a few people on Lipucd's discord, and I have an acquaintance on ulmf (currently working on a project, mind) who might be willing to help in places.

Honestly, I don't mind that you're trying to do something nice for the forums. I think a forum that has a way to get itself noticed is fine. I think, before this project, though, there are other things you need to focus on. Even putting those aside, I'm concerned that you might be taking too much on and then having your rl stuff going on, you might end up either putting it aside for "later" or finding it's too much work to dedicate to.

TAMA's Theme

"I just want to relieve my sexual frustrations. All I feel towards a cat eared high school girl in her underwear... is lust."-Araragi, Koyomi

https://imgur.com/gallery/Jm8p1S8
Back to top Go down
NeoGeno450

NeoGeno450

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 8:55 pm

Bob, I'm gonna stand by MrPr and say his art is good. Doesn't need to be super anime-ish.
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 12:09 am

I appreciate you concern Ninja_Named_Bob. Right now I'm focusing on getting healthy and once I get the all clear, I will spend more time on this project. As for programming, I went to college for Computer Science and Engineering Technology, so I have some background.

I'm sure MrPr's artwork isn't for anyone and this project isn't just inclusive to one style or artist. If you know some artists that would like to contribute, then please let me know who or have them send me a PM.

Ninja_Named_Bob

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 10:30 am

NeoGeno450 wrote:
Bob, I'm gonna stand by MrPr and say his art is good. Doesn't need to be super anime-ish.

I'm not sure where the disconnect is between "good" and "anime" or how you arrived at that presumption. If you find it good, that's fine. I think mkmd could do better.

Mkmd13 wrote:
I appreciate you concern Ninja_Named_Bob. Right now I'm focusing on getting healthy and once I get the all clear, I will spend more time on this project. As for programming, I went to college for Computer Science and Engineering Technology, so I have some background.

Not to harsh on your mellow, but that's just enough for an internship at best. I can appreciate that you've gone to school for it and high praise for your hard work. In terms of faith, though, I would want you to take a few months working with the engine before diving right into development. Like I've said, I've seen projects with equal levels of ambition either die due to the developer not realizing the work involved, or people losing interest because development has slowed to a snail's pace.

This also sort of works into the cancer thing. I've had family who went through cancer treatment, and I can say from the perspective of a second party that it will take a lot out of you throughout chemo. We're not even going to talk about post-chemo therapy to rebuild muscle and stamina, because that's a lifestyle change in and of itself. I will say that, since you're currently going through the process to get the cancer reduced enough for surgery (correct me if I'm wrong), you may have let your ambitions and hopes come before your restraint.

I can appreciate that you're trying to do something for the forums, but there are other things that need attention, too. Chief among them is your health.

Mkmd13 wrote:
I'm sure MrPr's artwork isn't for anyone and this project isn't just inclusive to one style or artist. If you know some artists that would like to contribute, then please let me know who or have them send me a PM.

"Would like to contribute" is a bit of loaded statement. Are there artists who would be willing to toss their hat in for recognition? Sure. Deviantart is usually full of them. Are there any with enough skill in terms of proportion, aesthetic, etc that would jump at the opportunity to get noticed by a niche forum when they have broader appeal through commissions? Eh.

I would say that, if you're going the MGQ route in terms of art, don't. The benefit TTR have over you is money and connections. I would suggest talking to Threshold through pm, email, etc and asking about their artists and how to get in contact with them, if possible. Look into pricing, ask for a couple sample commissions and post them here for people to express approval or disapproval, and move forward with the preferred artist.

Before that, though, I would say have a solid "alpha" to build from. In terms of combat mechanics, story, and out-of-combat stuff, I think having something for people to latch onto would be a good starting place. As I've said, though, you're going through a tough time health-wise and having this project gnawing at you while going through treatment has the potential to cause a relapse or worsen your health.

Anyways, there's my contributions for the year (lol).

TAMA's Theme

"I just want to relieve my sexual frustrations. All I feel towards a cat eared high school girl in her underwear... is lust."-Araragi, Koyomi

https://imgur.com/gallery/Jm8p1S8
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2019 11:57 pm

Bit of an update. I'm starting to lay out the ground work now for the arena. Things are progressing pretty slowly, but that's kind of to be expected since this is the first time I've ever done this before lol. Don't worry though, I will keep chugging along at it.

EDIT: New image has been posted up on my Patreon.

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" - Page 4 EmptySat May 04, 2019 5:46 am

New post on my Patreon guys! Just showing what the arena might look like and getting the demo set up and such.

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2019 7:55 am

I'm glad you're still working on it!
Back to top Go down
hunter277

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 1:08 pm

No intention to rush,appreciate the effort.I was just wondering about the progress.Any updates?
Back to top Go down
Mkmd13

Mkmd13

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 7:49 am

Just small things here and there. Nothing major that would require an update lol.

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 7:18 am

if you want i've create some female chars. they're in enemy creations from this forum and free to use. the only thing i want is if someone use them to make a game let me test it. to see hers skill in action. i know some thing of programing but i dont have any idea to ghrap dessign
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"   Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament" - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Upon Her Lips presents, "The Midara Tournament"
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4