Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Open RPG-Character Hub

Go down 
+14
Yuna
AnonyWriter
PieForPi
anon64
hertzez
tsurugikage
Hasemeowikins
sarcasticspidey
SomeGuy
argaz003
Caustic_Clown
darksophina
Warrior of Darkness
LipsInfinity
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
hertzez

hertzez

Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 8:30 pm

Lol at first I want to create an agile character, but seeing that an agile character is starting to become a trend here, I'll make a bulky and defensive character instead. Can I get a shield later on?

Name: Valencia Valerie
Outfit: A black, tight one piece clothing that ends on her thighs under her iron armor.
Reference image: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/329/0/3/no6_by_kilartdev-d6vo4hf.jpg
Weapon: Broadsword
Skin Colour: Olive
Hair Colour: Brunette
Eye Colour: Amber
Three Personality Traits: Brave, naive/gullible, easily flustered.

Background:
Valencia Valerie, or sometimes called Vivi by her closer friends, is a young girl that aspires to be a knight (or a dame) and the defender of the weak. This was due to the influence of her family, with her parents both is a knight that protect the city from which she hails. Although raised as a strong girl and taught a bit of swordmanship, her parents doesn't actually wanted her to be a knight, as it's a dangerous profession. They tried to lead her to a peaceful life, but still, Vivi's desire to be a knight stays strong. To prove herself, she slips away from her home to become an adventurer.

As innocent as she is, she doesn't know the danger that awaits her, her parents never taught her about Midaras, since they thought that Midaras are a bit... "sexual" for her young mind. And living in a safe, protected city lead her to not knowing anything about the outside world. She thinks that she'd be fighting monsters, but she'd be proven wrong soon.

Equipment:
Weapon: Broadsword(Power+1)
Armor: Thin Iron Armor (Toughness+1)
Head: None
Feet: Leather Boots:(Reflex+1)
Accessory: None

Journeyman Level 1
St-18  <- +3
Wp-15
P-3
S-1
T-3  <- +1
F-2  <- +1
A-3
R-2
Rec-1

Abilities:
Temper-passive-
If you suffer Stamina damage, you'll gain a +2 bonus to the total Power score of your next attack.

I guess I'll try Beautiful Stranger if it's alright, how many players are doing this quest now?
Back to top Go down
PieForPi

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 8:59 pm

Right now, I think, its just C_C and Hasemeowikins. If Spidey is joining in, then you'd bring the count up to four.
Back to top Go down
Caustic_Clown

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 2:17 am

@PieForPi

-SarcasticSpidey said he wanted to join in this thread:
https://uponherlips.forumotion.com/t1267p45-open-rpg-quest-stay-the-night
But now that we have two people wanting to play it, it's perhaps handier for me to run it the third time with sarcastisspidey and hertzez.

-Siren doesn't have a Finisher because it's a starter quest.

-A Weakness already possessed simply gets its timer reset.

@hertzez
Shield can be an accessory later on.
Back to top Go down
sarcasticspidey

sarcasticspidey

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 6:40 am

Allow me to clarify. I originally wanted to do stay the night, as if completed, I would gain two levels to help me catch up with those who have done several quests. If hertzez or anyone else wanted to do this quest, I would definitely try it again, but otherwise I was going to do an easier quest so I can at least gain one level. I don't really have any preference on what quest I do, so if someone is doing it, I'll join as well. I'd like to finish one quest before slumber party though, so my character is a little stronger
Back to top Go down
Caustic_Clown

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 8:37 am

No matter what quest you pick, ongoing or new, and regardless of outcome, you would level up. Upon loss you would gain a level anyway. If it's not too embarassing, you could join Digging Your Heels In as a damage sponge without nuking the challenge of the quest, if LipsInfinity is down with that?
Back to top Go down
hertzez

hertzez

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 9:20 am

I'd like to do a quest with you spidey, but for now I wanted to introduce at least one midara for my character first, and the 1st quest is the perfect one for that. After then, I'd be okay with any other quest available.
Back to top Go down
SomeGuy

SomeGuy

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 11:21 am

I would like to suggest making this more of a general discussion area and making a new spot where we only post our characters and edit the post for our new upgrades and what not
Back to top Go down
sarcasticspidey

sarcasticspidey

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 1:27 pm

@caustic
Yeah, I know any quest would have me level up regardless, but I always strive to level up quickly in rpgs. And yes, if lipsinfinity (or anyone for that matter) is alright with me joining, I'd love to.

@hertzez
I Understand.
@some guy
I agree with this
Back to top Go down
Caustic_Clown

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 5:05 pm

Good plan, new thread created.
Back to top Go down
Hasemeowikins

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 5:07 pm

So this thread is for the communication and such, the other for buying/character creation/stat posting etc? also sorry for being late today c_c, in addition to sleeping in hard, i forgot to put a tab for the site >.<
Back to top Go down
SomeGuy

SomeGuy

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 8:46 pm

I have also started one of those back stories for your character quest should I post in parts or in 1 completed piece
Back to top Go down
Caustic_Clown

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

@Hasemeowikins
This thread is for going to the shop, saying what quests you're going on next, and questions.
Profiles are updated in this thread now:
https://uponherlips.forumotion.com/t1282-open-rpg-profile-updates

@SomeGuy
You could post it in parts depending on what suits you best, as long as it constitutes a whole 'episode'(eg, even if it's not the whole story you want to write out, it should describe a clear midara encounter).
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 4:46 pm

I'm back xD i been wondering can i repeat a quest like beautiful stranger to get some money meanwhile i wait for slumber party to begin?
Back to top Go down
PieForPi

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 4:59 pm

Neku wrote:
I'm back xD i been wondering can i repeat a quest like beautiful stranger to get some money meanwhile i wait for slumber party to begin?

Yes, but you won't gain any levels, and you won't get any of the equipment if you already have it., iirc.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 1:32 am

I just want the money to get a better bow before slumber party xD
Back to top Go down
Caustic_Clown

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 9:15 am

Let's see if I got this correctly:

PieForPi wants to try Pervy Preacher(perhaps with Neku if he wants to earn coins before starting Slumber Party),
hertzez Beautiful Stranger(which has to wait till the current incarnation is done),
and we have six people who want to do Slumber Party, so we'll split that into two parties.
Back to top Go down
Warrior of Darkness

Warrior of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 9:48 am

In my case any quest its fine xD
Back to top Go down
hertzez

hertzez

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:04 am

Caustic_Clown wrote:
Let's see if I got this correctly:

PieForPi wants to try Pervy Preacher(perhaps with Neku if he wants to earn coins before starting Slumber Party),
hertzez Beautiful Stranger(which has to wait till the current incarnation is done),
and we have six people who want to do Slumber Party, so we'll split that into two parties.
It's time for another thread perhaps? One that tracks all the quests available and those undergoing and those in queue.
Back to top Go down
Caustic_Clown

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 12:46 pm

The Quests are available in the opening post of Hub threads, so for the next Hub I'll probably put the shop inventory/available quests in the top post too and that should be enough, as the thread won't get cluttered with updates on stat sheets anymore. I will also make a separate thread for Class abilities later, I think.
Back to top Go down
PieForPi

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 1:02 pm

Can I just say that I sort of dislike the Description Bonus? It makes attempts to lower the players accuracy kind of useless.

Take the Siren's Mist ability, -2 aim to all combatants. Seems fair. Until you factor in description bonus, putting in enough effort to write a few extra lines completely negates the penalty for players, so when she uses it, all she's really doing is blinding herself.

Do you guys see where I'm coming from with this?
Back to top Go down
argaz003

argaz003

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 1:19 pm

Maybe Siren shouldn't be affected by her own Mist? It might make sense to make users immune, or less penalized (-1 instead of -2, for example), by their own debilitating field effects. On the other side of the spectrum, maybe users get greater buffs through their positive field effects (like a home field advantage, or something).
Back to top Go down
Caustic_Clown

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 2:15 pm

Pondered it a bit, and I'd say the trade-off is worth it, seeing how few times people actually post longer descriptions of their characters' actions. Of course, when you're GMing, you effectively have fiat on what is considered a good/great description: if you think the lines are filler, you can always reduce it to a +1 bonus or even outright ignore it if it makes for a tenser game. As the stats start to rise, it will probably be less of a problem on how breaking this mechanic is, so I think it's only going to be obnoxious for this quest.

In the broader category of Field Effects: for the three midara of the Wild Ones faction shown so far, the Field Effect ability is also going to be the ability they use when summoned by the adventurers. The idea behind this was to encourage statting characters in diverse ways. For example, the Dryad's Field Effect(-2 to Reflex rolls for everyone) is far less bad for characters who are statted to just take hits. When an adventurer utilizes the Mist Field Effect, he could have a character who has invested a lot in Aim, so he can take said penalty, while the midara experience a harder time with the penalty.
Back to top Go down
hertzez

hertzez

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 7:51 pm

I want to edit my character's data a bit before I start, is it alright?
Also, can we add more than 3 personality traits? I feel like 3 is not enough.
Back to top Go down
tsurugikage

tsurugikage

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 11:57 pm

Name: Tsurugi
Outfit: a sedge hat, a red gi with a gilded Dragon emblem and a pair of blue hakama, a black mask surrounding his eyes
Weapon: Katana
Skin Colour: Caucasian
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: green
Three Personality Traits: cocky, jestful, nervous around women
Background:
A bounty hunter who looks for jobs wherever he can. He lives alone but he was trained by his uncle to slay and exorcise demons. He has very little interaction with most people, especially women due to his training and quickly loses his focus around big groups. He keeps his katana with him at all times, even speaking to it at times.

St-15
Wp-15
P-4
S-1
T-2
F-1
A-3
R-4
Rec-1

Skill: sharpen sight.

Last edited by tsurugikage on Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caustic_Clown

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 5:31 am

No prob, post your profiles in the profile update thread and put any changes you make in the changelog: https://uponherlips.forumotion.com/t1282-open-rpg-profile-updates

@tsurugi

You can also pick an ability from the lv. 1 Journeyman abilities, and a quest you want to do first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open RPG-Character Hub   Open RPG-Character Hub - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Open RPG-Character Hub
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next