Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Eredin

Eredin

"Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP Empty
PostSubject: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 6:46 pm

In the last week, Arenn's life has become unrecognizable. He was but a man earning his way through life like most people - with a steady job. That changed when the troublesome imps of Hellfire Gulch kidnapped his paramore for a noble's ransom. Arenn struck out from his nameless village (!) to a wider world. Arenn encountered many foes but also some friends along the way who helped him out.

Raijin, one could say, prompted the whole ordeal of Arenn by pointing him in the right direction to recover his lost lover. Not as much is known of Raijin, he appeared to Arenn with a flash and disappeared nearly as fast. He did not reappear until Arenn's need was greatest, however this was not by design. Arenn has awakened a strange new power within himself and Raijin had come to see it for himself. The two heroes had nearly accomplished the task at hand, but for a snag.

The sudden appearance of Raijin had turned the battle against Arenn's opponents, but it seemed they had one last trump card. A magical item sapped the power of Raijin, reducing him to an ordinary human and during the confusion, the dastardly dame had fled. Thanks to a quick intervention by Arenn, Raijin was saved and the pair returned home to lick their wounds and train, soon ready to resume the quest.

Arenn and Raijin decide the best course to continue their adventure is to recruit another party member. The pair walk around the nameless village seeking able-bodied men to join them. Crystal, Arenn's long lost lover, had been a very popular circus performer and while she had many an admirer, most men were reluctant to stick their necks out for her. Sadly the pair didn't have much in the way of coin to offer either. That night the pair decide to down their sorrows with a beer at the village inn.

Many rounds of beer come and go between the two. Arenn at first is hopeful for the coming journey, reminiscing about Crystal to Raijin. Raijin lends and ear for a while and interjects with stories of the most beautiful woman he'd laid eyes upon; a young Shrine Maiden with pale skin and long dark hair. Arenn listens and is intrigued by the mysterious samurai next to him jones'ing for such a young woman. Arenn then thinks about Crystal and begins to fail into a malaise.

The inn that the pair are in is a shabby place but rather large seeing as it used to be a barn. Maybe that explained why the place still stank of horse piss. The inn had no bedrooms per se, but a loft with bedrolls layed out. There were many people gathered there that night and the drink is causing people to become roudy. In one corner a group of men have taken to archery to settle who's the greatest amongst them.

Raijin leaves Arenn to gather his thoughts and observes the archery contest going on the other side of the barn. "It's a miracle that these drunken louts don't shoot each other," he thinks. Raijin tells himself he should know better but he approaches the group and joins in on the action. A haystack painted with a bullseye is the target and people put money into a pot with the person who shot closest to the center taking the pot. Three arrows are already on various points of the target but none closer than the 3rd ring. Raijin takes the bow the group is using, notches an arrow, looses it at the target and makes it inside the first ring. "Beginners luck!" Shouts the rowdiest of the lot. The man then takes the bow and looses his own arrow at the target hitting the outside of the bullseye. "Now, that's how it's done, you bugger!" Says the rowdy man while giving Raijin an uncomfortable back slap.

The next and last man up is a young looking fellow with brown hair, blue eyes and fair skin. The man takes his time aiming the arrow and it flies true, striking dead center! The rowdy man is besides himself and approaches the young man. "Hey jerk, what's the big idea? I've been watching you, you's ain't even drinking. Are you's trying to piss on the spirit of the game?" The young man replies.

"My name is Grek, not jerk. Besides I'm only 19, too young to drink, buddy."

The lout ponders what he hears for a moment and gets a ghastly drunken smile on his face. "Ohhhh, the young-in thinks he can hang with the big boys, eh?" The lout cracks his knuckles and 5 of his big and ugly buddies flank Grek.

"Let's be reasonable, guys..." Says Grek when the Lout strikes at his face! A scuffle insues and Raijin trips one of the drunkards behind Grek accidentally triggering the rest of the gang to include him in the brawl. Grek spars with the Lout as one of the others grab him from behind. Grek counters the hold and flings the man into the Lout. Two of the other brawlers manage to pick up Raijin and toss him into the table where Arenn is sitting. "Hello, Arenn!" beems a dumb founded Raijin.

Arenn gets up and proceeds to cast a bubble of water magic on the head of one of the brawlers. Raijin gets back up from the table and exchanges a few blows with the other guy who threw him until he connects with a right cross to the jaw of the man. Grek is having a hard time with the Lout who started this business and the two go back and forth for some time. Grek is forced into a corner and just as he's about to strike Grek with an empty bottle he had found, his hand is stopped mid swing by Raijin! As the Lout pulls back his hand to swing at Raijin, Arenn hits him with a small wave of water that knocks him out onto the ground!

Arenn and Raijin introduce themselves to Grek and mention they are looking for help on a quest.

(How does Grek respond?)

((Rogue-Like system

Battles: consist of two sides fighting until one is KO, gives up or runs away. Fights consist of a friendly and enemy phase on which both make attacks against each other using rolls with a d10. Attack rolls 3 or greater are hits (80% success rate). Losing a battle is not always a game over and largely depends on the circumstances. HP and SP lost in battles will replenish to maximum afterwards, unless explicitly stated.

Intermission: periods between battles. Events may unfold during this time that may effect the difficulty of battles or the direction of the story. Morality is up for the user to decide, "good or evil" choices will not influence events beyond people reacting to them.

Money: currency is the grease to the axle of adventuring. It's primarily used to purchase supplies for quests unless you wish to forage on the way. Oh and money is also to show off just as in real life.

HP = Hit Points. Losing all your HP means you are KO. When all party members are KO, the battle is lost.

AT = Attack Value. Whenever you successfully land an attack it will do damage equal to AT. You are free to describe the manner of your attack so long as it makes sense in relation to your class.

SP = Special Points. SP enables you to make an attack for 2x damage or 1x damage with a status effect (enemies frequently do this) or 1x damage versus all enemies. SP can also be used to double healing effects. Be sure to write in your attack description when you use SP and it's desired effect.

Challenge Rating - Class F enemies are the easiest to beat, nothing more than fodder. Class D enemies often appear in groups and can be challenging when massed. Class C enemies can be thought of as mid-bosses, however, they can be accompanied by others. Class B enemies are true bosses, often strong enough to take on whole parties of heroes solo. Class A enemies are the cream of the crop, they require at least a party member of the same level to challenge. Class S enemies are legendary, one of a kind foes, requiring a seasoned party to stand a chance.

Formation Fighting - Combatants fight in 3 rows; melee fighters are in the front, ranged fighters are in the middle and magic users occupy the rear. Melee fighters can only attack the first row. Ranged fighters can attack both the first and second rows. Magic users can target any row at any time. When a row is cleared, attackers can target the next row. (For example, a formation is cleared of the second row, melee fighters still must fight the first row, but ranged attackers may target magic users in the third row since there are no other ranged defenders in the second row.)

Immobilized: cannot take any action for one turn, in addition, this status makes retreat from battle impossible (you have a wound that slows you down too much to withdraw).

Charmed: become reluctant to fight the one who charmed you.  Cannot attack or defend against the one who charmed you. Charmed persons will be vulnerable to a free bind from the one who charmed them on the next turn, unless they get hit by another attack. Lasts one turn.

Bind: Defender must roll of 5 or greater to escape bind status. When bound you cannot attack nor dodge attacks. However, the person who binds you only does half damage per attack. Only one person can bind another at a time, however, others are free to attack the bound person.))

Last edited by Eredin on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:47 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 7:58 pm

(that sitting move was inspired in devil may cry Wink )
"Well guys, i'm up on that because i get bored of this drunken game,what is the plan" Grek Answer before keep his bow throwing it to the air and let it put itself in his sheath,then he kick a chair making it spin and sit in the chair without problem, "i'm waiting~" said with a funny confident smile.

anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 8:19 pm

"to be honest, I'm not entirely sure that we have one" Arenn replies, "all I really know it's that we've got to kill a fallen angel, and a powerful one at that," he continues, "of courses, there's glory and almost certainly treasure in it for you, if that piques your interest"
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 8:27 pm

anon64 wrote:
"to be honest, I'm not entirely sure that we have one" Arenn replies, "all I really know it's that we've got to kill a fallen angel, and a powerful one at that," he continues, "of courses, there's glory and almost certainly treasure in it for you, if that piques your interest"

Raijin joins in the conversation, "Well as far as a plan, Crystal mentioned two things; Witches Peak and Alucard. I'm not familiar with the Peak, but I can tell you that Alucard is bad news. Even with my full abilities, I was never able to best him in a duel," Raijin admits with a sigh. "I'm unsure how he fits into current events, I doubt those imps or Fallen work for him." Raijin turns to Arenn.

"Oh, speaking of riches, I managed to sell my bow for 50 crowns! That should be plenty for supplies, but I'm afraid we won't be getting any support from my allies," Raijin says as he looks up. "At least you have me to tag along with you!" Raijin gives Arenn a noogie. "I don't know if the higher ups approve, but there's no way I can ignore a Fallen Angel."

Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 8:31 pm

"As relieved as I am to have your companionship, I have to ask, who is this Alucard then?" Arenn asks
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 8:44 pm

anon64 wrote:
"As relieved as I am to have your companionship, I have to ask, who is this Alucard then?" Arenn asks

"Alucard is the Vampire Overlord. A long time ago he created a whole lot of trouble for me and my friends." Raijin pulls the collar of his white shirt back to reveal a gigantic animal bite scar. "Lately he's been quiet, holed up in his castle, so we of the Realm of Heaven have seen fit to leave him be. However, just because he's been quiet doesn't mean he doesn't maintain contacts with the Demon Realm. I don't know if the Fallen are working for the demons, but it may be a lead worth pursuing." Raijin looks worried, "Just don't ask me to fight him like this, I couldn't stand to have him see me like this!!!" Raijin raises his right index finger and there's barely a spark. Maybe even static electricity would generate a larger flash?

Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 9:18 pm

"certainly, that treasure sound interesting, so let's move before more drunkens come and start to "´piss me off" agais" he said then chuckle,after that he look at both Raijin and Arenn waiting they answer,"well what is the path" he said sounding his knluckes preparing for the action.

Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 9:59 pm

forest Assasin wrote:
"certainly, that treasure sound interesting, so let's move before more drunkens come and start to "´piss me off" agais" he said then chuckle,after that he look at both Raijin and Arenn waiting they answer,"well what is the path" he said sounding his knluckes preparing for the action.

"I vote for the Witches' Peak. No way I could face Alucard like that. He wouldn't have to kill me in battle, I'd die of embarrassment alone!" Laments Raijin.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptyFri Apr 06, 2018 10:04 pm

"i vote for that to,so i'll prepare the suplies if you let me" grek said while taking one of his arrow and looking at the edge with a smile.

anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 5:16 am

"No objections here" Arenn chimes in, "So, Raijin, anything we should know about the peak before we go?"
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 2:58 pm

anon64 wrote:
"No objections here" Arenn chimes in, "So, Raijin, anything we should know about the peak before we go?"

"I've never been there, so I can't tell you any first hand info..." Raijin motions over for his party members to huddle over to him and they do so. "I've heard it is called Witches' Peak because it is shaped like a common pointy witch hat. I've also heard it's named so for the beautiful witches who prowl around out there!" Raijin says with a chuckle. "Last but not least, I've also heard it's named after the profession of the woman who went there and tossed her newborn son off the peak after he was born hideous and disfigured..." Raijin says with a bit of sorrow. "Anyways we'll need to buy a map to get there because it's out in the wilderness and it's easy to get lost on the way."

Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 4:18 pm

"Sounds like a lovely place... Well regardless, unless we have anything else to do here, I'm ready when you are" Arenn said, picking up his staff
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 4:42 pm

anon64 wrote:
"Sounds like a lovely place... Well regardless, unless we have anything else to do here, I'm ready when you are" Arenn said, picking up his staff

"Alright, I think Grek is ready, so let's meet up at the general shop when it opens up tomorrow." Raijin responds. The trio say their goodbyes and go to sleep for the night.

In the morning the three meet again at the agreed upon time and place. The shop keeper Dorian greets them with a smile and ushers them in. Raijin tells Dorian what they will need for the journey; first and foremost they require a map, else they get lost. Next, the party will require food for at least two weeks. Lastly various camping supplies, preservatives and medical items are required. Raijin offers to buy the materials with his profits from selling his bow.

Food - 30 crowns (necessary)
Map - 10 crowns (probably necessary)
Exceptional Supplies - 18 crowns
Adequate Supplies - 9 crowns

Raijin has 50 crowns, Grek spent the last of his money stocking up on arrows, and Arenn's rent was due, so he's fresh out at the moment. Raijin asks the party members which items they want to purchase.

Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 4:45 pm

"Well, id suggest we get food, a map and then adequate supplies, no use going for top quality gear if we let ourselves get lost before we even get to the peak"
Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 7:05 pm

Grek give the crowns for the arrows and then he put the arrows in his arrow backpack and equip his bow in his shoulder "i'm ready what's next?".

Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 7:08 pm

forest Assasin wrote:
Grek give the crowns for the arrows and then he put the arrows in his arrow backpack and equip his bow in his shoulder "i'm ready what's next?".

"Do you think we should spend our money on the map or better supplies for the journey? No telling which we could use more, but at least with the map we shouldn't get lost. For long." Reassures Raijin.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 8:32 pm

"okay,okay i'll buy the map" grek laugh slightly and then pay the crowns for the map and the supplies," okay, i hope this is enough,so...again, what next?" he said before playing whit his bow a little.

Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 8:59 pm

forest Assasin wrote:
"okay,okay i'll buy the map" grek laugh slightly and then pay the crowns for the map and the supplies," okay, i hope this is enough,so...again, what next?" he said before playing whit his bow a little.

The trio having decided on the food, map and adequate supplies gather around the map to plan their journey. The map contains a wealth of information regarding the surrounding country. In addition, it has points of interest indicating special attention! This map was worth the price it seems. According to the mapbook, Witches' Peak is a week's worth of hiking west from the Nameless Village. The distance isn't too great, however, there are no established roads, only animal trails. Witches' Peak is located in the foothills of a larger mountain range and in between here and there is a large forest. The points of interest reference section of the map book notes that the forest is in the territory of the Baelgic Elves. The section notes the elves are reclusive and often ambush trespassers using tripwires that drop nets on people. Good info to know!

With the new information in hand the party of three set out on their journey to Witches' Peak. The first 3 days are full of uneventful walking. They walk up and down rolling green hills with no other people in sight. Soon the hills give way to flatter ground and sparse trees. Far off in the distance they can make out a line of mountains to the west. The tops of them are covered in white, not that is unusual for this time of year. As the party gets closer to the mountains they notice one in particular among shorter hills. It is pointy and does resemble a pointed witch hat. (But aren't all mountains pointy at the top?)

On the fourth day, the trees are becoming really thick. No doubt the party has reached the forest that the Baelgic Elves have claimed as their own. Raijin thinks he hears a noise in the brush. How does the party proceed?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 10:08 pm

grek look at the brush with caution ,and without making any noise that alert we are here, then he remember something,he get a 3 pair of shoes named feather foots the effects of these is let you walk without make noise,his shoemaker father make the shoes for him because his family have a hunter reputation,"hey guys, change his shoes with this for a moment" he whisper at both of his friends and give the shoes to they.

Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySat Apr 07, 2018 10:26 pm

forest Assasin wrote:
grek look at the brush with caution ,and without making any noise that alert we are here, then he remember something,he get a 3 pair of shoes named feather foots the effects of these is let you walk without make noise,his shoemaker father make the shoes for him because his family have a hunter reputation,"hey guys, change his shoes with this for a moment" he whisper at both of his friends and give the shoes to they.

Grek puts on the shoes, but unfortunately the shoes don't fit the other two. As Grek puts back his shoes a flock of birds suddenly burst from the trees behind them! How does the party react!?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 7:27 am

Grek took an arrow and his bow then he aim toward the tres in case was a elve in the tres "if the shoes don't work,i sure my arrows work"...

Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 11:05 am

forest Assasin wrote:
Grek took an arrow and his bow then he aim toward the tres in case was a elve in the tres "if the shoes don't work,i sure my arrows work"...

Out of the brush behind bursts a black bear! It sees Grek with bow and arrow in hand, snarls and charges him with the fury only a beast is capable of. Grek looses his arrow and it merely bounces off the head of the charging beast (4). The black bear charges into Grek with tremendous force (9) that leaves him immobilized!

Bear HP 27 / Grek HP 8 (cannot act for one turn.)

Battle start!
https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=xA5MvVjawMo&feature=share

Enemies-
Black Bear - Melee Class C. HP 30, AT 7, SP 1
This is no friendly bear, Booboo! Standing an impressive 8ft tall on his hind legs, this creature is built like a boulder and probably as heavy as one too.

Party-
Arenn - Water Elementalist - SP 1, HP 20, AT 5
B rank caster who is attuned to the element of water, capable of manipulating all forms of it. Able to use his element to clear environmental obstacles.

Grek - Bowman - HP 15 AT 3
C rank, Uses a bow and arrow. Beginner class for non magical party members.

Raijin - Warrior - SP 1, HP 30, AT 6
B rank, specialized in melee combat. Able to intimidate others with his weapons and arms.

(Raijin will act after Arenn.)

Last edited by Eredin on Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 4:08 pm

"Not what I was expecting, but probably better than the alternative" Arenn remarks before sending a torrent of ice at the bear!

(Roll:7)
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 4:21 pm

anon64 wrote:
"Not what I was expecting, but probably better than the alternative" Arenn remarks before sending a torrent of ice at the bear!

(Roll:7)

Raijin lets out a war cry and charges the bear with katana in hand! Raijin attempts to behead the bear with a single blow (1)!

The bear takes several small ice bolts to his midsection and let's out an angry growl, but none of the bolts are able to penetrate his thick hide! As Raijin is charging at the bear he swings and the bear deftly ducks under the blade and lands a heavy swipe into Raijin's head (5)!

Black Bear - 16 HP, SP 1

Raijin - 23 HP, SP 1

In the midst of all the action, the party can hear fierce and savage animal cries all around them! It sounds like howling, but maybe it's somebody mimicking a howl? Hard to tell when you're fighting off a hungry bear! Will anyone prepare to deal with the incoming threat or will the party finish off the bear who's still a looming threat in front of them?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 4:26 pm

"Shit, there's more coming guys" Arenn curses his luck before using his magic to set up traps that will freeze the first thing that steps on them around the perimeter
(Roll:9)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP   "Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP Empty

Back to top Go down

"Let not your Heart be Troubled" - Rogue-Like RP
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next