Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Eredin

Eredin

Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP Empty
PostSubject: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySat Mar 31, 2018 9:44 pm

Greetings all who dare to enter. Your loved one has been kidnapped by terrible little imps in the night while they were sleeping and you were away at work. They left a note demanding ransom of 100 crowns to be delivered to Hellfire Gulch. This has been a common occurrence in your village for some time and repeated pleas to the local feudal lord fall upon deaf ears. Usually the imps demand tribute in the form of food and water, but apparently the last offering was not enough. While you may be a nobody villager now, you've been looking for an excuse to leave the village and train under a warrior to develop your talents. Now is an excellent opportunity to prove to yourself you have what it takes to live the warriors way!

(Like the title suggests I'm starting a Rogue-Like RP and the first person to reply will begin it. If that person is unable to finish in a timely manner, anybody else is free to resume it. I'm only looking for one person now, but feel free to reply anyways, as I will probably expand the scope in the future. Good luck to all ye who enter.)
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 4:13 am

(can I start this off? Do I use a preset character or one of my own)
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 10:55 am

You see a lightning flash of blinding light in the room you're standing in and a strange being appears before you. The figure stands an impressive 6'2" and is clad in a bright blue and white laquered armor. A silver cross with a golden bolt of lightning bisecting it, in a field of blue is seen on the chest piece of the armor. His broad helmet has a scary looking face on it with a long mustache protruding above the mouth. He carries a thin, but long sword on his hip and a longbow on his back. Little surges of lightning are radiating from the figure and they disappear in a flash as he slightly bows before you. You think you've heard of this type of warrior before, a samurai, but you didn't know they ride on lightning and appear out of nowhere!

"I'm glad to see you're willing to help your loved one. You see, they're destined for great things just like you! Now tell me what is your name."

The mysterious samurai warrior snaps his fingers and 2 weapons appear on the ground. One is a beat up short sword lacking polish, but with a solid looking handle. The other is a twisted gnarled dark oaken staff.

"Sorry, friend, this is the best I could do on short notice. I am not sure if you are talented in the physical or magical arts, so I brought both. You can have whichever you like," the samurai says cheerfully.

(Provide your name and whatever description you like along with it. I'll do the rest for you and introduce the RPG system shortly. After taking whatever weapon you like and setting out, you're free to say and do whatever you like BTW, the story will unfold accordingly.)

Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 11:13 am

Arenn

Arenn lived life as a magician travelling with a circus troupe for many years. Using his real arcane knowledge to assist in the performances from the shadows, to give the troupes death defying performances a level of spectacle that far outmatched those of rival acts; After all you didn't need to use strings when someone was making sure you could fly for real. However after a dispute over wages and the lack of credit he recieved, Arenn left the group, leaving his previous life, and Crystal, A trapeze artist Arenn had been smitten with behind. He'd worked as a freelancer from then on out, doing all sorts of jobs, from banishing demons to repairing houses with his magic. He'd eventually settled down in a town that the troupe often performed in, so that he could still see Crystal as much as possible. Just when the two of them were at their happiest, she'd been captured.

"Names Arren, friend. Nice little party trick with the lightning there. Now I don't know much about destiny, but i will get Crystal back nomatter what."

When the samurai offered him the weapons, Arren immediately leant down to pick up the staff.

"Thank you kindly, is there anything you can tell me that'll help me with what lies ahead?"
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 3:26 pm

(ARENN, Mage - HP 10, AT 2, HE 1
C rank human magic caster, able to use one element of combat magic and a simple healing spell. Is able to use other simple magical abilities outside combat.)

"We'll met, Arenn, you may call RAIJIN." He extends his right hand to shake Arenn's hand.
"I assure you the lightning is no party trick, it can be quite lethal if need be," Raijin boasts, with a measure of pride. "Now, I'm afraid the assistance I can directly offer you is limited, but fear not, the Lightning God has your back! I can lend you 20 crowns to get going, but I know that's far short of the ransom the imps are asking. I lost most of my walking around money during my last poker binge." Raijin shrugs, "Also I'm sure you'll need to spend at least half of that to buy some provisions for your journey. After you buy your supplies, you need to head northwest for about two days and you'll come across Hellfire Gulch. Don't be afraid of what's to come and try to make me proud, huh? By the way, not all of the enemies you face will try to overcome you with brute force. Unless you have any more questions, I'll be on my way."

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 3:36 pm

"Well Raijin, I appreciate the assistance" Arenn thankfully accepts the gold. "I'll do my best to make you proud, no more questions, thank you"

Arenn smiles at raijin before heading off to buy supplies
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 4:33 pm

Before Arenn leaves Raijin hands him a stone with the symbol 雷 carved on it. Raijin explains that if Arenn is in trouble, he can summon him by using stone. However, there are limits to it's use; Raijin can't always appear and if summoned too often there will be "consequences". Raijin bids Arenn farewell and disappears with a flash of light and crackle of thunder!

Arenn arrives at the general store, owned by a man named Dorian. He has black hair and eye patch on his left eye along with a nasty scar, a reminder of his adventuring days. He greets Arenn with a familiar smile and after Arenn tells him what he needs, the price comes out to 15 crowns. He tells Arenn how times are tough and such, but if he really needs to save his money he can remove some items and get the price down to 10 crowns. All of the items appear to be of quality and necessary, the choice is his.

Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 4:43 pm

"Fifteen seems reasonable," Arenn said with a smile, "thank you friend, I'll take the lot". Deciding better safe than sorry, Arren buys the provisions and begins to head towards the gulch
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 4:56 pm

Arenn sets out on the road leading northwest from town and travels until the moon has risen above the horizon, whereupon he sets up camp a few dozen feet from the road. It's a good thing he bought all the provisions offered, he has a tent with a nice sleeping bag and pillow, a superb backpack to store his belongings and preserved food for days to come.

He gathers enough wood for a fire and lights it with a cantrip spell. He cooks his food consisting of a haunch of pork and onions. The weather outside is calm and slightly chilly, so he decides to heat up a cup of mulled wine to relax. As soon as his wine is heated up, a stranger approaches from the direction of the road and asks to join you. She is wearing hiking attire and explains she got lost on her days trip from the next village some ways west of your home. (What do you do?)

Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 5:08 pm

"I'm sorry to hear that, what's your name? Are you hungry" Arenn asks, not one to let a stranger in need pass by without offering assistance
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 5:17 pm

"I'm Elleanora, nice to meet you!" She offers an eager hand to greet you. "I was gathering some wild blueberries today and got turned around after dark. I'm super hungry since I didn't want to eat all the berries I've gathered today. Could I have a bite to eat and stay the night? I promise not to be a bother!" She asks with sparkles in her blue eyes.

Elleanora stands at around five feet and has blond hair and happy-go-lucky attitude as far as you can tell. She carries no arms, but only a weave basket on her back full of the aforementioned berries. She offers a small container of berries as compensation and assurances of their deliciousness.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 5:23 pm

(would my character be aware of the type of threat ahead of him?)
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 5:32 pm

(That's up to you, but I won't put something blatantly non threatening before you only to stab you in the back. If something is going to soon be hostile you'll have indicators. If anything you can engage them more in conversation to decide. The encounters will react accordingly to you though, so hostility will be met accordingly. Also I'll post your combat stats before your first fight. BTW you'll have to choose either fire, water or lightning as your combat element.)

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 5:37 pm

(can i enter ?,look really really interesting this Rp Sorry for interrupt)

Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 5:40 pm

forest Assasin wrote:
(can i enter ?,look really really interesting this Rp Sorry for interrupt)

I'll put you in the queue. Check the first post later when I edit it to include the class system and more info.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 5:44 pm

"What kinda berries are these?"  Arenn asked out of genuine curiosity, and yeah of course you can stay, I'm not one to a leave a lost traveler without food and shelter"

(And I'll take water as my element if that's okay)
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 5:50 pm

anon64 wrote:
"What kinda berries are these?"  Arenn asked out of genuine curiosity, and yeah of course you can stay, I'm not one to a leave a lost traveler without food and shelter"

(And I'll take water as my element if that's okay)

(Sounds good!)

"They're blueberries, silly! They're good in all kinds of baked goods, heck, I bet you could squash'em and add them to your wine, if you want." Elleanora pops a small handful into her mouth and eats them. "Mmmm, better save the rest for later," she chides herself.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 5:55 pm

Now that hed seen her eat the Berry's herself, his suspicions were put to ease and Arenn ate a handful of the berrys.

"These are good, so, you from around these parts? Anything a traveller should know about the area?"
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 6:03 pm

anon64 wrote:
Now that hed seen her eat the Berry's herself, his suspicions were put to ease and Arenn ate a handful of the berrys.

"These are good, so, you from around these parts? Anything a traveller should know about the area?"

"I'm from Frontera, a village a ways west of here. We're by that scary Hellfire Gulch, but as long as we pay tribute, the demons there leave us alone. I would stay aware from that place unless you want to get assaulted," she says rather sternly.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 6:05 pm

"Assaulted? I guess that makes sense but it's an interesting choice of words, in what way do you mean assaulted?" Arenn asks curiously "why insulted as opposed to killed?"
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 6:09 pm

anon64 wrote:
"Assaulted? I guess that makes sense but it's an interesting choice of words, in what way do you mean assaulted?" Arenn asks curiously "why insulted as opposed to killed?"

Elleanora explains, "The imps run Hellfire and trespassers are beaten up and I've heard some get captured and lewd things done to them if they can't pay up right away. I don't think these imps are too ambitious, but they got a good racket going...." She admits, frowning.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 6:13 pm

"huh, I suppose that makes sense... Lewd things huh? I'm not a local so that's somewhat of a surprise to hear, but it's not the first time I've heard of demons doing something like that I suppose". Arenn then notices her frown, "is everything okay?"
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 6:18 pm

anon64 wrote:
"huh, I suppose that makes sense... Lewd things huh? I'm not a local so that's somewhat of a surprise to hear, but it's not the first time I've heard of demons doing something like that I suppose". Arenn then notices her frown, "is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just frustrated we have to pay them to leave us alone. You wouldn't happen to be an adventurer would you? If you can help us with the imps, I'm sure my village can reward you!"

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 6:20 pm

"I don't know if I'd call myself an adventurer, but I was on my way to deal with the imps anyway if I'm honest with you, they took someone very dear to me"
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 6:24 pm

anon64 wrote:
"I don't know if I'd call myself an adventurer, but I was on my way to deal with the imps anyway if I'm honest with you, they took someone very dear to me"

"All the more reason to get them, I say!" Elleanora beams with enthusiasm. "Tell you what, let's eat, get some shut eye and come tomorrow I'll lead you to the entrance. I'll get you there faster than you could on your own and I'll come find you there in another day after you dealt with those pests to give you your reward."

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP Empty

Back to top Go down

Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next