Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
anon64

anon64

Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 11:41 am

"...." Arenn paused for a long time "Is it possible to get her soul back? I need to know"
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 11:52 am

anon64 wrote:
"...." Arenn paused for a long time "Is it possible to get her soul back? I need to know"

"Of course, worry not, my friend. We must needs only kill that Fallen who stole it in the first place. A real angel should come down from heaven when the soul is released from the body and guide it back to it's natural home." Raijin sounds confident as he explains. "Now if you don't mind, perhaps we should start heading back home unless you have other business to take care of here or somewhere else?" Raijin asks.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 11:54 am

"Thank you, and no don't worry, you're right, we should get out of here" Arenn moved to Crystal, "come on, let's leave this place, your safe now." He began to lead the way out of the cave
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 12:04 pm

anon64 wrote:
"Thank you, and no don't worry, you're right, we should get out of here" Arenn moved to Crystal, "come on, let's leave this place, your safe now." He began to lead the way out of the cave

Crystal and Raijin follow Arenn out the cave.

Crystal speaks, " I know I said things were a blur before, but something is coming back to me. Those two that you fought, I think they were talking while they were doing that thing to me. I remember hearing the name Alucard or something. Oh! " Crystal sounds proud as she feels she into something profound. " They also mentioned a Witch or was it Witches Peak? Sorry, that's all I can remember now..."

Raijin gently pats her on the back, "Hey that's great, Crystal, now we have some possible leads to explore later. You did very well to remember anything that was happening to you."

The party approaches the end of the cave as they conversation occurs.

Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 12:24 pm

"Witches peak..." Arenn repeated under his breath, "well, don't worry about that now, let's just get you home." Arenn takes point and exits the cave, taking in his surroundings and looking for possible threats
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 12:26 pm

anon64 wrote:
"Witches peak..." Arenn repeated under his breath, "well, don't worry about that now, let's just get you home." Arenn takes point and exits the cave, taking in his surroundings and looking for possible threats

The party reaches the threshold of the cave without incident. They move around the springboard trap at the entrance. Where do they head from here?
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 12:49 pm

Arenn looks to crystal. "We should head back to my place, you should be safe there," he then looks to Raijin, "Unless you have any other suggestions?"
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 1:14 pm

anon64 wrote:
Arenn looks to crystal. "We should head back to my place, you should be safe there," he then looks to Raijin, "Unless you have any other suggestions?"

"Sounds good to me, but maybe we should rest after we leave the Gulch. I'm starving!"

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 1:15 pm

"sounds like a plan" Arenn says before setting off, looking for an appropriate place to camp on the way back
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 2:03 pm

anon64 wrote:
"sounds like a plan" Arenn says before setting off, looking for an appropriate place to camp on the way back

The party exits Hellfire Gulch and makes camp a few miles from there. The mood is one of relief, but somewhat somber as well. While Arenn and Crystal have been reunited, Arenn's task is not complete if he intends to return Crystal's soul. Raijin looks pensive and makes small talk but mostly passive during the dinner conversation. Dinner consists of pork ribs and ale to wash it down. Arenn looks at Raijin while he eats, eager to catch a glimpse of his actual face. Raijin removes the mask and looks like he's in late 30s or early 40s with neat black eyebrows, a narrow nose, dark eyes and a clean shaven face. The party finishes dinner and the night passes without incident.

The party awakes from slumber as the morning sun has risen a good distance. Where do they proceed to?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 2:08 pm

"We should be able to get back to the village before dark," Aren't says, "we should stick to the road, quicker and makes it harder to be snuck up on". If no one objects, he'll begin leading the way home
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 2:26 pm

anon64 wrote:
"We should be able to get back to the village before dark," Aren't says, "we should stick to the road, quicker and makes it harder to be snuck up on". If no one objects, he'll begin leading the way home

The party has no objections and they arrive at the village at sunset.

(Feel free to write anything you want to say and do with Crystal. Ask any questions for Raijin and we'll wrap this up shortly)

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
anon64

anon64

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 2:51 pm

Arenn turned to Raijin, "I'm going to stay with Crystal for tonight, until we work out a plan. There's just one thing I wanted to ask, as I am now, I'm not nearly strong enough fight those fallen, how can I get stronger?"
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 2:55 pm

anon64 wrote:
Arenn turned to Raijin, "I'm going to stay with Crystal for tonight, until we work out a plan. There's just one thing I wanted to ask, as I am now, I'm not nearly strong enough fight those fallen, how can I get stronger?"

Raijin nods, "this is true and I'm not of much use in this condition. Meet me by the water mill downriver at dawn tomorrow and I shall help you as far as I can."

Raijin bows and takes his leave of Arenn for the evening. Next he goes to village tavern for some food and drink but soon retires for the evening. He finds a tree a short distance from the mill he spoke of earlier, sits down, leans against it and falls asleep.

Arenn arrives at the Mill as instructed at dawn and meets the Samurai. Raijin is now dressed down considerable since the last time Arenn saw him. Raijin is only wearing a white sleeveless shirt and black shorts with clog sandals. Without the armor on, Raijin could pass for any normal man, albeit in good shape for a man his age. Raijin has short salt and pepper colored hair and a medium white skin tone. Arenn is wearing his adventuring robes and notices a wry smile on Raijin's face.

"Hope you're wearing something not too revealing under those robes, Arenn."

Arenn has a look of mild horror on his face.

Raijin assures him, " oh it's nothing like, but you will be getting wet. You'll be meditating in the water over there," Raijin motions toward a small tributary off the main river. The tributary snakes off and back into the river and is about 3ft deep. "Arenn, you need to mediate upon your experience during your journey. The water should help you relax as well as attune you to your element." Raijin explains. Arenn proceeds to the tributary, strips down to his shorts and wades into the water.

Arenn meditates for several hours. Raijin shouts in surprise and Arenn breaks his concentration. Raijin is facing off against a brown and white colored harpy... In blue and white samurai armor! Raijin and the harpy stare at each other angrily. "Don't worry, Arenn I've got this," Raijin assures Arenn. Raijin and the harpy take fight off into the distance.

Arenn resumes meditation. Arenn remembers the experiences of his battles and focuses on the his successes and failures. The battles are very fresh in his mind and Arenn figures out a better approach to take next time. Some time passes....

Raijin returns with his armor to find Arenn floating on top of a little icecap. " It appears your training was successful ", Raijin is smiling like he knows the funniest joke. Arenn gets off the ice and walks into solid ground.

"Yeah, I think I got the hang of the new power you awoken in me." Arenn responds.

"What power? You had that in you all along. That stone I gave you only informed me that you had done that. I had a feeling you had some potential, so I gave it to you just in case. I decided to see it for myself when I found you with those Fallen." Raijin calmly explains while still grinning.

"No shit," says Arenn. " That's really cool, wouldn't of known I had it in me. Anyways, what are you so happy about? You take care of that harpy?"

"Oh yeah! She won't forget that tumble I gave her for a long time. Harpies have one of the largest g-spots of all women!v Once you get them going they just can't stop.." Raijin makes a gesture using his hands, with his index finger penetrating the other hand that's making a round hole. Arenn is rather awestruck at the revelation, but eventually shrugs. The two high-five and walk back towards the village.

Arenn - Water Elementalist - SP 1, HP 20, AT 5
Rank B spell caster. Is more attuned to water and able to manipulate it to quickly heat or freeze it. In addition, the water element can be used to overcome certain environmental obstacles.

(End of chapter)
Back to top Go down
Eredin

Eredin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 10:33 pm

(Apologizes for the double post)

Phew that was a lot of action in a short amount of time, but I felt we did well. I needed to refine my system some more, but I like where it's going. I think Arenn did pretty well and looks a stand up guy. I think he was understandably cautious for his first adventure and while he didn't get the best outcome, not all hope is lost. I have some big ideas for part 2 that I need to jot down and sort.

Anyways, if anybody is interested in participating in part 2 let me know. I don't think I'll be able to give everyone a big part of there's more than a few of us in a party. If I get a ton of you interested I'll make a thread where we can sort out who is doing what. But the way, I think I have my mechanics more ironed out this time around. Have a look!

Rogue-Like Mechanics

Battles: consist of two sides fighting until one is KO, gives up or runs away. Fights consist of a friendly and enemy phase on which both make attacks against each other using rolls with a d10. Attack rolls 3 (80% success rate) or greater are hits. Losing a battle is not always a game over and largely depends on the circumstances.

Intermission: periods between battles. Events may unfold during this time that may effect the difficulty of battles or the direction of the story. Morality is up for the user to decide, "good or evil" choices will not influence events beyond people reacting to them.

Money: currency is the grease to the axle of adventuring. It's primarily used to purchase supplies for quests unless you wish to forage on the way. In addition, money is used to repair your items after quests are over. Oh and money is also to show off just as in real life.

HP = Hit Points. Losing all your HP means you are KO. When all party members are KO, the battle is lost.

AT = Attack Value. Whenever you successfully land an attack it will do damage equal to AT. You are free to describe the manner of your attack so long as it makes sense in relation to your class.

HE = Healing. In lieu of attacking, certain classes may not to heal damage in the amount of their HE score.

SP = Special Points. SP enables you to make an attack for 2x damage or 1x damage with a status effect (enemies frequently do this) or 1x damage versus all enemies. SP can also be used to double healing effects.

Formation Fighting - Combatants fight in 3 rows; melee fighters are in the front, ranged fighters are in the middle and magic users occupy the rear. Melee fighters can only attack the first row. Ranged fighters can attack both the first and second rows. Magic users can target any row at any time. When a row is cleared, attackers can target the next row. (For example, a formation is cleared of the second row, melee fighters still must fight the first row, but ranged attackers may target magic users in the third row since there are no other ranged defenders in the second row.)

Immobilized: cannot take any action for one turn, in addition, this status makes retreat from battle impossible (you have a wound that slows you down too much to effectively withdraw).

Charmed: become reluctant to fight the one who charmed you.  Cannot attack or defend against the one who charmed you. Charmed persons will be vulnerable to a free bind from the one who charmed them on the next turn, unless they get hit by another attack. Lasts one turn.

Bind: Defender must roll of 5 or greater to escape bind status. When bound you cannot attack nor dodge attacks. However, the person who binds you only does half damage per attack. Only one person can bind another at a time, however, others are free to attack the bound person.

Rogue-Like Class Progression

Foot Soldier - HP 15 AT 3

C rank, Uses offensive or defensive or ranged weapons.

Archer - SP 1, HP 25, AT 5

B rank, specialized in ranged combat. Able to pick basic locks and disarm traps. Can pickpocket.

Warrior -  SP 1, HP 30, AT 6

B rank, specialized in melee combat. Able to intimidate others with their weapons and arms.

Marksman - SP 2, HP 50, AT 10

A rank, skilled in ranged combat. Locks and traps are no obstacle! Can pickpocket well.

Elite Warrior - SP 2, HP 60, AT 12

A rank, skilled in melee combat. Great at using intimidation to get what they want, if need be.

Sniper - SP 4, HP 100, AT 20

S rank, master of ranged combat. Can pick or unlock anything before them and is a master thief.

Warlord - SP 4, HP 120, AT 25

S rank, master of melee combat. Able to inbue one elemental magic into their combat prowess. Intimidation ability is unmatched as they are a legendary warrior.

Mage- HP 10, AT 3

C rank beginner magic caster, that uses either Lightning or Water or Fire based magic in combat.

Elementalist - SP 1, HP 20, AT 5

B rank caster who is more attuned to their chosen element. Able to use their element to clear environmental obstacles.

Priest - SP 1, HP 20, AT 3, HE 5

B rank divine caster, who primarily heals and uses non elemental attach magic. Priests are naturally persuasive when trying to get others to see their way.

Sorceror - SP 2, HP 40, AT 10

A rank caster who is perfectly attuned to their chosen element and able to combine wind or earth magic to their preferred element. Able to clear obstacles and aid in party transportation.

Bishop - SP 2, HP 40, AT 5, HE 10

A rank divine caster. They are master healers and protectors of the weak. Bishops also tend to be very persuasive, making friends anywhere they go.

Arcane Prodigy - SP 4, HP 80, AT 20

S rank, a master of all forms of elemental magic.  Not only can they clear obstacles and transport people for the party they can boost their magic to untold heights. Ability; Maximize Magic - combining up to 3 elements in a single powerful attack their SP consuming double the amount but doubling the effects.

Living Saint - SP 4, HP 80, AT 10, HE 20

S rank divine caster. A once in a generation type healer, who people treat with reverence, making them supremely persuasive. Using God's favor, they can prevent all damage to a party member. Ability; Divine Shield - negate all damage on target for 1 SP per turn.
Back to top Go down
forest Assasin

forest Assasin

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 6:44 am

Here! *Hand up*

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP   Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter - a Rogue-Like RP
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6