Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 11:22 am

Eshika let out a small "oh my" as she was very easily moved onto Camli's back to be carried. Not what she was expecting, to be sure. It didn't escape Safiya's notice, either. "Hah! That's the first time I've seen her make a face like that!" She snickered to herself at it all, causing Eshika to scowl a little. "Alright, alright, cmon. I'll never hear the end of it if we just drag her back to the cathedral. You really do need to see Chandresh about that. How's it feel?"

"It could be worse. Could also be much, much better. But it is what it is."

"Suppose that'll have to do. Alright, back to the stage. Cmon, you. Plus, we'll need to delegate people to start taking things down. Looks like the show's over, now." With that, Safiya led on her intrepid group back to the main performance stage, the once masked figure following along behind like an enamored, drunken puppy. It didn't take them long to get back, and the sight was enough to certainly turn heads and get people whispering. A few approached Eshika out of concern, but she assured them that everything was fine. She pointed to the stage. "Camli, set me down up there! I need to...address everyone, that was waiting so long for us."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 8:03 pm

Camli doesn't look like she is having much problems carrying Eshika. In fact, the dancer is pretty light and the only thing she has to keep in mind was making sure Eshika doesn't accidentally slip off. She didn't really give much reaction to people's gaze at the whole scene but looks like they are worried about Eshika. Well at least concern for people's health transcend beyond race and affiliation.

She takes a glance behind her to Eshika when the latter asks to be set down at the stage. "Ya sure ya ain't illy enough to topple?" Despite Camli's worry, she moves Eshika on the stage where she asks, but is ready to catch her in case she starts to topple.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 9:09 pm

"Even if I was, I would not let it stop me. Not after a night like tonight." Sure enough, she was a little shaky as she pulled herself to her feet, walking to the middle of the stage. Safiya had gotten a few people on the lights while Camli had gotten her there, as she brought her attention to the crowds. "Greetings, everyone. I apologize for the delay, and lack of insight as to its reason. To say things have been something of a whirlwind would be a massive, overwhelming understatement." She chuckled to herself, although just that little act caused her to wince. It was lucky that they had gotten to her when they did, but she was still hurting quite a bit from it all. It had not gone unnoticed to the crowd, as a few seemed shocked by her disheveled appearance.

"While we were preparing for the dance lessons, I was...accosted, by various sorts that find our presence in these lands...unsightly. Were it not for a few kind folk, I very well might have lost my life this night. And for what? For attempting to bring what I had to offer to the masses? I will not hide my displeasure with how the night has gone, nor my frustration. But...I would never take my anger upon the many from the actions of a few. And because of that, it is with a heavy heart that I have to announce that the dance lessons will have to be cancelled for the night." The disappointed noises of the crowd had shown that quite a few were genuinely excited about that. "As much as I would like to, I do not think I will be capable of dancing for some time. Truly, I was excited to see others talents, and pass on my own, but I cannot change the past. Nor will I potentially endanger myself further, for the sake of those looking out for me. In time, I will recover. And when I do, I would like to try all of this again. Hopefully, at a time when more people are understanding of our work, and passions, and we can have the night be enjoyable and merry. But for now...I deeply apologize for it all." With that, she bowed her head forward towards the crowd. It was easy to tell that she was nervous about how they would take it. But then one started to applaud. And another. And another. And soon the whole crowd was cheering, despite it all. Despite being denied their chance at learning from a master, they saw what was in front of them, and they cheered. And Eshika looked overjoyed as she brought her head up and saw their faces.

"T...Thank you! Thank you, everyone, for being so understanding! I-I promise, I will rest as much as I need, and when I am fit once again, things will be even more joyous than before! It will be merry, and wonderful, and-!" She winced once again, holding her side as she slightly collapsed to her knees. The crowd let out a few surprised shouts of concern, and it seems her excitement had opened up the wound slightly.

"Alright, that's enough of that." Safiya was quick to approach her, to make sure she hadn't opened anything up. She addressed the crowd next. "The Grimleal will fully handle the dismantling of the festival. No one here has any work ahead of them tonight. For now, enjoy what is present and know that we have things handled. Once the night has grown old, our members will come and clean." She turned to Camli next. "Think you can keep going the whole distance? I've still got this one on a leash, and besides...after all of this, just sending you on your way would leave a bad taste in my mouth." She grinned at her, while Eshika looked out of breath already, but still had enough in her to give a weak smile.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 4:43 pm

"I reckon ya talking ya diggin's, ain't it.  Still hale and hearty here.  I ain't tuckered out just yet and that lil brush with maskie ain't no great shakes."  Camli caught the collapsing Eshika before she looks over to Safiya.  The gunslinger looks as if she can still do a marathon, a stark comparison to the winded and wounded dancer.  She proves this by carefully hoisting Eshika from her prone position and back onto her back, but this time being extra careful with the motion as to not aggravate her wounds.  

"Alright, let's get her to a letty.  Ya'll got a pill in yer diggin's?" Camli is ready to go wherever Safiya needs the two of them to be.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 11:28 pm

Eshika offered little resistance to being put back onto Camli's back, the fatigue starting to set in. As expected, the blood was dripping slightly, but not to the level where it would be life threatening. At least, not if they got to it soon. Her breathing was a bit heavier than it had been, showing that small amount had been a lot for her.

"I can wake up Chandresh. He heals people. It's a little late for him, but as soon as he hears about what happened, I don't think I could keep him asleep if I wanted to. Cmon, you..." She lead the way, with their once-masked perpetrator following along with a dazed smile on her face and a cloudy gaze forward, her arms swinging a little as she walked. A far cry from the defiant freedom-fighter she had placed herself as earlier, and at this point if she had a tail this puppy would be wagging by now.

It didn't take them long for their home to come into view, which was the large, imposing cathedral that had likely caught her attention at some point during all of this. She opened the gates with ease, nodding to the night watch as the two of them went in. As they entered the cathedral, the halls were mostly silent, although a darker skinned figure was within the halls, definitely waiting for them. Her silver-blue hair was contrasted by features that were far more alien and draconian than Safiya's, with hands and feet that resembled claws, wings folded behind her, a tail and two protrusions that seemed to have...mouths. It was a sight to behold. And yet, the glasses on her face and the clipboard in her talons made her seem more normal. "We've been expecting you. Safiya, would yo-"

"Already on it. I'll be back in five." Safiya was already off down one of the corridors, with her lovestruck captive following along without a word. That left Camli and her passenger alone with the draconic woman.

"Camli, yes? Jhalak. Charmed. Now, if you would, I will guide you to the infirmary..." Her feet clicked as she walked, expecting her to follow. The two appendages seemed to snicker to themselves as she did, as if they were alive on their own.

"Don't...don't worry..." Eshika whispered to Camli as Jhalak walked onward. "Jhal looks scary, but...she's a softie..."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 10:36 am

"Huh?  Ya savey 'bout me?"  Camli notes with a puzzled look.  She also resist the urge to raise an eyebrow at those mouth thingies next to her.  Wait, did they just laugh at her?   What in tarnation?  Her head turns towards Eshika slighty.  "Well, I don't doubt yer words, but what about those fiddles there?  No idea why they'd be squinny 'bout me."  

After a momentary distraction, Camli follows behind Jharak.  "I reckon words be spreadin' fast if it got to yer digs alright.  Though didn't think it'd be a gospel mill.  Pretty biggity if ya ask me." Camli remarks as she looks around the place as they move towards the infirmatory.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 12:59 pm

"They just kinda...do that. Best to just...ignore them." Eshika didn't fully understand the woman all that much either. All she really knew was that Jhal handled funds most of the time, and she was very good with numbers. She had seen the children excitedly asking her questions once or twice, and she had actually indulged them a bit, too. So she couldn't be a bad person, even if she hadn't had the chance to get to know her.

"Ah...?" However, the dark-skinned woman looked a little lost at Camli's speech patterns, baffled as to what she meant as she stopped to turn back around. Jhalak's gaze went to Eshika. "T-Translation...?"

Her concern elicited a giggle from Eshika. "She said that...she's surprised you heard about us, and...about this place."

"Ah! I see." With that, she turned back around and kept leading them on. "The cathedral holds the entirety of the Grimleal congregate, which is somewhere around a couple hundred right now. Apparently the building had been here long before the goddess herself had awoken. Possibly a remnant of things from years past. We have since repurposed it into a new home for those in the covenant. And as for how we knew..." A claw went to her chin with a grin. "No Fellblood leaves the chapel without at least two members shadowing them. If you didn't notice them, that means they were doing their job. I'll have to praise them later for that." The two mouths snickered again as she walked through the halls. It was only a short time before they came at a door leading to the infirmary, Jhalak letting her walk in first.

"Just set Eshika down on one of the free beds for now. Chandresh should be up shortly, and he can take things from there." There were a couple of white sheeted beds open to set her down upon, although one seemed to be closed at the very end, with white drapes hanging from the ceiling covering the entire thing to prevent anyone from disturbing them.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 7:03 pm

Camli nods and walks over to closest bed and before turning her back towards it and lays Eshika down gently down on the bed. For her size, she is very meticulous with her motions, using her arms behind her to guide the dancer to the bed. "A'ight, you go ahead and get some shut-eyes before the pill gets here, ya hear?"

She looks back over to Jhalak. "Well could have fooled me. I look-see and catch anyone going on back. I reckon they some slinky folks." She pauses for a moment as she saw the far end that seems to be closed off. "Eh? What's with the Barber's cat up there?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 8:11 pm

Eshika let out a slight groan as she was lowered onto the bed, sore and in discomfort but little Camli could do for her. "I'll...try..." She had enough energy to weakly smile at her, at least.

"'Slinky folks'...yes, that sounds accurate. Quite a few of them come from different backgrounds that make them very effective what they do. And, uh...barber's...cat...?" She looked where Camli's gaze had gone. "Ah! You mean her...Laikah is under intensive care. She had an accident, much worse than this one. It will take her much longer to fully recover...she also requested it. There's...a story there, but it's not my place to tell it. In any case-"

"I'M UP!" A young voice came from the outward hall as the door burst open, causing Jhalak to jump enough to drop her clipboard. The teal blur that came through the door quickly made its way over to the bed that Eshika had been laid down at. When it came to a stop, what was present was a young boy, probably no older than 12, with similar yet unique draconic features. "Oh my gosh it's as bad as I was told! What happened to you?!? Are you okay?!?"

"F-Fine, fine...I'm fine, Chandresh. As you can see, my injuries were at least tended to as best as it could on such short notice. I just need your talents and...some time to rest, and I will be back on my feet in no ti-" Cutting her off was a rolled up newspaper lightly bopping her on the forehead. "Ow..."

"With injuries these bad, you're lucky you didn't die from this! You'll be stuck here for at least a month if time favors you, even with my help!"

"A-A month?" She seemed actually a little surprised by that...plus a little pale. Perhaps she hadn't expected it to be that long. Jhalak let out a small little giggle at the display.

"Always the hard worker. Miss Camli, this is Chandresh, one of our most talented healers. It is his gift. Did Safiya have to wake you up?"

"Yeah! It is past my bedtime, after all! But when I heard someone got heard, I rushed here as soon as I could! The tourniquet was done really well, thankfully...oh!" It was the first time the young boy had noticed Camli this entire conversation. "Sorry, sorry! I got a little too much tunnel vision...you must be Camli, right? Thanks so much for saving her! Eshika gets a little in over her head sometimes, so it was really lucky you and Safiya got to her when you did! I'm Chandresh! Nice to meet you!" The young boy didn't wait for any mention before taking Camli's hand and giving it a firm shake.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 10:03 pm

When Camli hear doctor, she was thinking some middle age folk in the doctor garb and maybe some more scandalous if it was a midara. She was not expecting some kid to rush in an diagnose Eshika's wound on sight. The age factor was so much of a surprise that his draconic feature barely registered in her mind.

"Howdy there. Well just doin' my job, lil juniper. If there is a heap o' hellabaloo brewing, I go in and fight them longriders like Kilkenny Cats." Camli rubs the back of her head as Chandresh shakes her hand which, given the huge height difference, looks mild humorous. "I reckon something like maskie o'er there ain't the first time, y'all had brushes with?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 11:12 pm

Chandresh nodded at her vigorously, clearly excited and not looking like he just crawled out of bed a few hours after his bed time. Jhalak had reached down to grab her clipboard off the floor as she looked back and forth between the two of them. "Did...you understand that...?"

"Mostly! Well, enough, anyway. Regardless! The Grimleal owes you a huge debt from this! Eshika's super important to all of us, even when she's being a butt." A weak "heyyyyyy..." came from behind them, but Chandresh paid it no mind. "Healing injuries this severe will take a lot out of me, but this is how I contribute! Thank you so much for your help! But don't worry, I've got this from here!" He nodded, releasing Camli's hand and knelt on the side of the bed. He took a deep breath, calming himself down, before gently pressing his hands against the wound. His hands started to glow against her skin, and all at once the young boy was completely focused on his task. Eshika's face winced a bit, but it was nothing she couldn't handle.

"I did mention this was his gift, yes?" Jhalak spoke up next. Her words did little to affect Chandresh's actions, thankfully. "In any case, the goddess herself would like to speak with you because of all of this. We can leave Chandresh to his work. I understand that today must seem like so much busywork for you, but she insisted to speak with you personally once the issues had been averted." She bowed her head forward, understanding that today had most likely been exceptionally stressful for her.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 5:27 pm

"Got it.  Will leave it up to you, lil nipper." Camli wanted to pet the doctor boy on the head but refrains from doing so for fear of break his concentration so she let him do his work.  

She turns her attenton back to Jhalak.  "So the big bug is interested in me, eh?  Well I ain't pullin' foot here so we'd go ahead and mosey on there.  Reckon she got wind of the lil brush.  Hope yer slinky fellas ain't stretchin' the blanket though."  Camli chuckles awkwardly with while rubbing the back of her neck.  Hot damn.  The leader of the entire religion wants to talk with her.  She lets out a brief puff of breath before she nods to the woman.  "A'ight, let's giddy up."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 7:42 pm

"Stretching the...? Oh! Yes, well...everything has to go through the goddess at some point, in some way. I hope you are not offended by that." She offered an apologetic bow, before pulling herself back up and adjusting her glasses. "If you are prepared, I will guide you to her chambers. She would wish to speak with you about everything. Chandresh also needs his concentration, as well." She gestured to the boy, who was hard at work with his hands. None of their words had thankfully disturbed him, as he slowly mended flesh and bone with his bare hands.

Jhalak guided Camli out of the infirmary, back the way they came and up the main staircase next. Due to the hour, they seemed to be the only ones up aside from a few that scurried about with notes in hand. Even at this late hour, it seemed work was never quite done. "Ah, if you were wondering, those ones aren't mine. Someone must have gotten their own work inspiration tonight." Jhalak's tentacle mouths chuckled to themselves as she continued up the steps, each step echoed in the large halls. Jhalak had mentioned that the temple had been here for many years, and one could only imagine what they used to do it with it compared to now.

"Here we are." The duo came to a door with golden rims, and a mark above the door frame. Imposing was the least you could have described it as. "I understand this might be somewhat intimidating, but I can assure you the goddess simply wishes to speak with you. Nothing wil-"

"Yes, I understand, Lily, but you know it is past your bed time..." A voice caused both of them to look at the door. It was entirely new for Camli, but Jhalak knew it quite well. "See? You can barely keep your eyes open...Safiya, I know you've had a rough night, but do you think-"

"Don't worry, Goddess, I've got it...cmon, squirt, let's get you to bed..." Safiya's voice came next, and the sound of footsteps could be heard behind the door, at least for a moment, before they stopped. For a moment, there was silence. And then, the first voice could be heard clearing its throat.

"You may enter." The first time Camli had heard that voice, it sounded normal, human, maybe even a little tired. This time, it had power behind it. A presence, even without needing an image to project from it. It wasn't forceful, or meant to inspire fear, but simply powerful. And it was fully aware what was behind that door, as well.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2022 8:55 pm

"Well that is one high-falutin door. Guess the ol' goddess is in there." Camli remarks as they arrive outside of the place where the goddess is residing. She strain her ears to hear about 3 people talking in there. One of the she recognize as Safiya; the other two she does not recognize. From the context of the words, it sounds like one of them is the daughter of another.

After some times have pass, the sole voice calls her in sounds more...authorative, sort of. Also sounds like she had a long day too. "Reckon she wants to yammer 'bout the lil brush where Eshika got dirked. Well, good jawin' with ya Jhalak. Adios." With those words, she walks into the hall of the goddess.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 3:54 pm

Jhalak gave Camli a small nod as she entered, knowing that her role in all of this was over, as the woman stepped into the room. As she did, the scent through the air was fragrant, and calming. Likely an incense of some sort. Such things were popular in the region, so it was less of a surprise than it could have been.

Entering the room was another hallway with but a single opening, and as Camli entered that room, she could also hear the sound of running water. She took a few steps before being face to face with the source of the voice she had heard, and she could tell it not from the words that came from it now, but the presence that was carried with it as well. Something about the white-haired woman in robes seemed different from any of the others she had met so far, and yet similar at the same time. She had her fingers entwined on the table as she looked up at Camli, the striking red eyes impossible to not notice. She had a gentle smile on her face the entire time.

"Welcome, Miss Oakley." It seemed that she already knew quite a bit about her even before their meeting. "My name is Grima, and I am both the patron saint...and the deity, of the Grimleal. I have heard much about you in such a short period of time, and needed to meet and speak with you in person." She gestured to the seat across from herself, on the opposite end of the table. "Come, take a seat. I'm sure you have many questions, and much to ask."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2022 7:59 pm

Her bootsteps thumps lightly against the hallway until she reaches an opening where the hallway expands to a wider room, the sound of water falling reaching her ears. And there in the middle of the place was probably the goddess that the whole group is talking about. She wasn't sure if she is actually one, but one thing is for sure, the woman has dominion as Camli can feel her presence. At the least, she seems to be in a pleasant mood judging from her smile.

"Well howdy, Grima. The name's Camli, though I betcha you got savey of the lily-livered suckers that shanked yer tapper." She tips her hat to Grima in a greetings gesture. At Grima's gesture, she allows herself to sit at the seat pointed to. "I reckon we both wanna look-see what each of us is about but I'll start with whatever fiddle faddle that longerider is about why she risk dirkin' yer tapper. I guess second is what this group is 'bout."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 12:45 pm

At the very least, Camli seemed jovial about it all. That was good. From the night she had, the goddess was worried that the traveler had been too drained to keep things going, but from her appearance and her tone, you wouldn't have known it.

"I hope you aren't too offended by that. Our scouts are very through. Many of them keep me posted directly, so I end up hearing quite a bit more than people expect. It simply works out easier this way. As for the perpetrators..." She closed her eyes and let out a small sigh. "Yes, they are not the first to attempt such things. Most escape in the chaos to plot again, stir trouble. They believe us to be a poison on these lands. And despite their cries, the Valencian government ranges from leaving us to our business, to actively taking part in our actions. As a result, convincing the common man of such claims is difficult. Which leads to friction, and violence. It is also not the first time one of our own were injured in such confrontations, but what makes this unique is Safiya's actions...bringing one here on a leash could be what we need to directly drive a stake through it all." Camli hadn't seen the woman that Safiya had managed to wrangle since she had walked off with her initially. She could only wonder where she had gotten to, but considering the significance of such things, it probably wasn't anywhere the Grimleal didn't know about.

"As for the covenant itself, the Grimleal is half a religion and half a trade agency. We welcome those without homes, skills or places to go, and bring them up into productive members of society, through us. We give back to the Valentian community, through ways of teaching, housing, construction, trade...it is one of the reasons that the government mostly leaves us be. Those that join hands with me grow, and benefit from the relationship mutually. And, of course, there are those that are more entwined with myself than others...Safiya, Eshika, and many others you have likely met fall under that category. They are both the guiding stones for others, and also function as my eyes, ears and hands outside of these halls. They have placed their hopes and lives in my hands, and are now...part of me, as it were." She cleared her throat. "I apologize, it must seem that I am rambling. I apologize, I did not wish to give you the whole spiel. Sometimes, it just comes out. That said, and I am sure that you have heard it plenty by now, but the Grimleal greatly thanks you for you efforts tonight. I have faith in Safiya, but she tells me without you things could have been more disastrous than they could have been." It seems that they had already spoken about things to some level. She really did seem to know everything. And that gaze, it was like it was looking directly into her soul. The eyes were bright crimson and otherworldly, one of the only traits on her that wouldn't pass for a normal human.

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2022 7:37 pm

"Hmm kinda soundin' like a mix of gospel mill and guild to help the sold up if ya ask me. Kinda dandy." Camli mulls out loud as she replies to Grima. "Sounds like ain't nothin' to be rattled 'bout. But I think I have a mind of why they on the prod for ya. Either they're bat shit crazy, desperate..."

Camli's relaxed facial expression shifted to something far more of a hardline veteran. "...but like ya'll ain't lookin' like them." Her tone matches the seriously of her grimace, having seen quite a number of atrocities inflicted to those that only have a mild appearance deviation like nekos. Then again, with a flip of a switch, her lanuid demeanor returns. "At least ya'll roped one of the scape-grace.

As for my role in the whole fiasco. Ain't much crack about. Keepin' an eye for traps and being damn good with my ol' 6 shooter." Camli pats her holster though doesn't do anything more as not to make the patron uncomfortable with such a weapon. She also omitted the part where she has to help Safiya keep her cool. No sense throwing the firebrand under the bus. "Them 'revolutionaries' are a a nickel an gallon if yer ask me. Most ain't knowing a good cause if it bit them in the place where the sun down shine. Most but not all."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2022 10:35 am

Grima actually looked rather pleased about how Camli described the Grimleal. 'Kinda dandy' definitely seemed like glowing praise. However, her predictions hit a nail on the head, to a depressing degree, as she deflated somewhat. "I won't deny that there is some truth in those claims. You have met many individuals who have altered themselves for the cause, as I mentioned with Eshika, and Safiya, along with a few others you have likely come across in your short time here. The term we use for them is 'Fellblood', as they have taken a part of my essence and becomes something more than mortal. Many of them were simply human, or midara even, before the process. I believe the act of that scares the common man, makes them believe that I am...bewitching hapless travelers to my will, like some common temptress. Claims of us being a 'cult' do not help that misconception. That is actually why Eshika wanted to perform tonight the way that she did. And then all of this happened, anyway. It is truly a pity." Her hands interlocked on the table in front of her, letting out a tired sigh through closed eyes.

"In any case, I cannot say that is the only reason for their actions. I have heard many that claim we are encroaching ourselves upon the local government. Being so close to the capital, there is little I can do to persuade them otherwise of such things. But, regardless of their reasons, Safiya bringing back one of their own is a massive step forward. One will lead us to more. And once we find the root, we can present our findings to the Valencian government and sort this out together. I can imagine the Sandstorms will not take kindly to acts driven by hatred and fear." She chuckled to herself at the thought. Having a contact within the Sandstorms was proving more and more helpful over time.

"Regardless, the Grimleal owes you a debt. No matter how you view your actions, Eshika's glowing praise of you, as well as Safiya's, shows me that your presence helped prevent a disaster. I should let you know that most of what you have heard you might not be privy to normally. Consider it...something of a reward, to know the inner workings of all of this mess. But, you have earned that and much more." She unclasped her hands and held out one hand to her. "If there is anything the Grimleal can do for you specifically, we will oblige. Each Fellblood is like a child to me. Name whatever comes to mind, and we shall provide it."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 12:49 am

"A favor eh?" Camli places a gloved hand on her chin as she ponders the offer, looking down at he ground in thought as a long hmm comes from her. After a while she looks back up at Grima. "Well I reckon there is something I need a helping hand with and it ain't something I can play a lone hand with. But it's best if you hear me out so it is something you can gee up, cause I know ya'll ain't gonna go the whole hog in something that full on loco." Then Camli switches back to her more serious demeanor.

"I'm gonna need a hand busting up a pirate ring here in Valencia. They be causing a heap o' trouble so I've taken a contract to get shed of 'em. But this ain't go ordinary contract. There is a bit o' backstory needs to be let out 'fore goin' gung ho on the pirates."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 11:02 am

It was obvious that Grima hadn't expected an answer quite so detailed. In a way, she was actually somewhat pleased. Many that would have performed what she had done would have asked for fame, money, maybe even a place of power. Instead, she had asked for a more pressing concern. How fascinating.

"Well, I must say, you certainly have caught my interest. Pirates are no stranger to our doings, as well. Many of our goods and supplies are imported from the mainland, and more than a few have been...what is the word mortals use? Ransacked? Terrible business, and with this many mouths to feed, it always sets things upon edge." She had already sent a few of her own to find a more permanent solution to that problem, but she hadn't heard back from them about it. Chances are, they were still working hard on their notes.

"But, forgive me, do not let me stop you. Continue. I have a feeling that you have someone specific in mind for all of this, as well."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 2:17 pm

"Well ya ain't gonna send the pirates skedaddling for a long time, partner, as there is a whole nation o' them, and they one mean sonuva bitches." Camli hangs the tip of her hat low. "That being said, they got some rules they be followin' though. No sinking ships, no robbin' all the food, no lootin' everything if they ain't got any tail feathers left, no killin' if they throw up the sponge. That's what I gather from the folks from Havenport."

Camli pauses for a moment to let this all sink in for the Grimleal leader. "But these folks here ain't followin' that. They rookin' and doing all sorts o' stuff they ain't suppose to while flyin' the Havenport colors. And it's getting all sorts of people in a horn tossin' mood, Valencia, ya'll as well, hell even Havenport are mad as hornets of all this hellabaloo."

"And believe me when ya'll ain't the only ones that got folks slinkin' 'bout. The birds inside are singing that they be doing this to frame the big bug of the pirates, 'cause they ain't allowed to be scallawags, so they on the prod." Camli throws a glance at the hallway. "Kinda like maskie o'er there except meaner."

"Been workin' on this case for about many many sunsets now and I think I can send this particular lot to the calaboose. But I think I need Safiya there for the plan to work. I wanna her let on with the whole tarnation first though."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2022 9:56 pm

The goddess bridged her chin between her fingers, listening to the description gave her. She was aware of many things, but the going ons and customs of other countries, she was not. She had initially believed that the raiders were of Havenport to begin with, but with this new information, however...perhaps it was not so cut and dry.

She nodded. "I see, I see. You seem very familiar with Havenport and its practices. I assume that has to do with how long you have been on this one...contract, I presume? I will admit, I was prepared to offer a fair amount, but this is larger than I anticipated...however, I believe this may be beneficial for the both of us. As I mentioned, supply lines of our own had been compromised for some time. We had something of an agreement to let such things go by...I think even the most hardened of pirates would have a weighted conscience to steal food and supplies from shipments aimed at our orphanage branch. And yet, we are here anyway...do you think our problems could, infact, be one in the same? If so, I believe that there may be some merit in lending you Safiya. And even if they weren't, I am not against the idea. However..." She paused.

"Before I agree to anything, I would like one question answered: Why Safiya, specifically? Is it because of the experiences here tonight, as a mutual trust? You seem like you've put more thought into this then that, however, and I am fairly curious to hear your reasoning."

Dataslycer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 10:28 pm

"Well that's a simple answer to that, partner. She's a firestarter. Now yers truly can create fire with sparks, flint and all that fiddle faddle; but that ain't enough. Needs someone like Safiya to rouse up a blaze." Camli gesture out to the hall behind her.

"Pirates love using some black stuff called gunpowder. A bit of spark and it goes KAPOW and tearing up Jake. Use'em in their guns, their cannons. They want something blown up, gunpowders is up their alley." She gives a wide and near predatory grin. "Now what would happen if a gunpowder miss one figure and ended up on the wooden dock near their wooden galleons?" She lets Grima fill in the blanks.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2022 5:50 pm

Grima nodded sagely at her description. Ah, that was why she was thinking about Safiya. It was true that pirates relied on gunpowder, and Safiya's innate talent with fire would prove useful. "We actually do have a firearms expert with the Grimleal, so I am well aware of gunpowder. However, you have clearly thought this through. And I can see the reasoning that having her would benefit you. While it will be up to Safiya herself, I see no reason to deny you the opportunity." She smiled. "Very well. However, you will still need to..."

"There. All done..." A voice came from the goddesses inner chambers, her footsteps light as she walked out of the darker areas. "Had to read the squirt a whole story before she calmed down and went to bed. She's cute when she's quiet, an-" Her gaze went to Camli, who was sitting across from the goddess. "...am I interrupting anything?"

"On the contrary, I believe you came at an opportune moment. Our mutual friend Camli wishes to use your talents for something much grander. How does a temporary trip to find pirates sound?"

"...pirates? And you said...temporary, correct?"

"Oh, yes, do not worry. However, the decision will come down to you specifically..." She gestured for Camli to say her own words to try and convince her of it.

PostSubject: Re: Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)   Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Fight (Camli vs Safiya)
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next