Upon her lips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A humble listing of female characters from a variety of media, whose kiss produces adverse effects on their victims.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
AzureTyrant

AzureTyrant

Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 5:37 pm

Huh...A candy? With a nod, he pocketed it...before coming face to face with that gaze. Once more, he felt like an open book before her. It was as if a strong presence was bearing down upon him. His throat suddenly felt dry.

With a deep breath, he looked to her. "Ava...That's her name, right? She mentioned potential...That there may be a way for me to get stronger...To better achieve my goals than just...picking random fights."

Lewis steeled himself. He couldn't back down now... "If that's a case, then I'll bend a knee. I'll pay any price. It doesnt matter if you're the kindest individual, or the cruelest. I won't pass up a chance to improve...But that's only if I am welcome. I understand if my previous showing would make it seem as though I am too much of a liability."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 2:06 pm

He really did not know what he was getting himself into. However, the goddess could only assume that was natural. He likely didn't know what he had gotten into when he rushed at Kashvi, either. Or if he did, he didn't care at the time. That had its advantages as well.

Her eyes flickered once again. "Do you believe becoming like Ava is simply swearing absolute loyalty?" She chuckled, moving her free hand to hold the boy's cheek delicately. "To become a fellblood is to cast aside your humanity. It is much more than any worded agreement, but a permanent change in oneself. Ava is a perfect example of this." She continued to pet the girl's head as she laid in an almost trance-like state, completely at peace just from her touch.

"The fellbloods are an extension of myself. All of them had goals beforehand, but those goals become melded into myself. They live for me, now. And each of them is bound to my will." Another flicker of the eyes, the sunlight from the window causing it. "Knowing that, would you still be so forward with the eye? Knowing that your will would rest in the palm of my hand? You will obtain power, yes...considering your disposition, power beyond that of your mortal limits. But, the price will be high. Think carefully about your next few words. They will decide your fate." She kept that gaze boring into him, internally knowing full well what he would likely do.

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 2:30 pm

"....I don't like the idea of taking shortcuts. That much is true. I got this far on my own strength, my own merits. The idea of taking any alternate path to strength is confusing to me. It almost sickens me. Not to mention, the idea of giving up who I am....bothers me."

He met her gaze, determined. "But at the same time, what use is strength if I don't have a purpose with which to utilize it? So, miss....I'll do it. Again, if you will have me."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 3:44 pm

She had him. That was all it took, to push him right over the edge. One last flicker of her eyes, a barely noticeable action, and a smile formed on her lips.

"I have no qualms with such an arrangement. However..." She scratched behind Ava's ear, and the girl rose from her lap, still with a distant and blank gaze, and the goddess followed suit. "I will have to test your resolve myself. Once you are ready. It is clear that your body will need more time to recover before I can see a good test of it. As you are now, you will have difficulty simply walking, let alone showing your own personal will. And, it will give you time to see what the Grimleal truly is beyond our base as a religious establishment. Along with what you will be doing with that gift of yours." The goddess gently lifted her hand off of her head, gave Lewis one last look, and left. Ava's body was still and relaxed standing up, and after she had left the infirmary, her gaze started to widen, and recollection started to come back to her.

"Wha-?!? Where?!? How?!? Who...?" She looked around, suddenly awake on her feet again, and probably wondering why there was a little drool on the corner of her lips. "Goddess! Where...?" For a moment, her gaze darted back and forth, before it settled on Lewis. "Oh...it's just you." She let out a groan. "I hate it when she does that!"

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 3:50 pm

"Hmm....." He barely registered Ava's comments, processing Grima's words. A personal test from this supposed goddess? What would such things entail? And that 'gift' of his.. Did she mean the Heartbreak shot? Maybe there was something more, buried underneath the surface.

Slowly, he turned to Ava. "I think I made a good impression. She wants to test me..personally?" Now if only he knew how long his body would take to fully heal. At the very least, he could take her words to heart, and experience the Grimleal, in a sense.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 4:13 pm

That actually caught Ava by surprise. "W-What?!? The goddess herself...?" She actually looked taken aback by that information. "She must be interested in seeing you first hand..." All of the emotion of shock turned to joy. "That means she agrees with me! Yes!" She practically jumped up in excitement.

"In that case, we need to make sure you are well taken care of and prepared!" She started pacing back and forth as she spoke now, her mind racing. "Your actions will reflect on me, so you will need to be bringing your best behavior. You have been shown interest by the goddess. An actual, real life goddess in the flesh! I hope you realize how important that is! Even I don't know what test she's going to do, or what she's looking for...it's different for every person..." She kept droning on about protocol, and expectations, and any number of other things.

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 4:25 pm

The boxer watched in slight amusement, as well as confusion, by her actions. And mumblings. Oh gods, she wasn't going to be stopping anytime soon, was she?

"With any luck, I shouldn't take too long to heal up, right? Don't want her to be left waiting."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 4:44 pm

That response caused her to whirl around to face him. "I hope you've been paying attention! This is all extremely important! Have you been listening at all?!?" She looked like she was about to burst from frustration. She was getting wound up again, like before. A nasty habit of hers, that was for sure. Even small little tufts of purple smoke were coming out of her breath, harmlessly floating to the floor at her feet.

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 5:15 pm

"...." Reaching into his pocket, he held out the piece of candy. "Take a deep breath, miss Ava. I get it's important. Not saying it isn't."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 2:52 pm

The sight of the small, little golden orb caught her attention, and stopped her in her tracks. "...how did you get that?" For a moment, her eyes went back and forth between his face, and the wrapped candy, before she swiped it out of his hands in a blur. Unwrapping it with her back turned to Lewis, she popped it in her mouth and the sudden change in disposition could nearly be felt, going from a grump to a moment of pure bliss, making little happy noises noises and having her long tail swish back and forth behind her. For a moment, she actually looked like the small little girl she actually was.

After that moment passed, she spun back around to face him, with the candy still in her mouth. "Shee...that you do." She gave him a nod, as she turned on her heel and walked out, trying hard at (and probably not succeeding at) looking like she was still the tough, adult individual she wanted others to see her as.

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 2:56 pm

A snicker escaped Lewis as he watched her devour that candy. She was almost adorable, in a way. As she walked away, he looked forward, his expression dropping. His brain was going a mile a minute as he thought about this test. At the very least, he had time...and with time, he could prepare.

Prepare for whatever plans that goddess had. And prepare to experience the Grimleal.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 3:59 pm

One week passed...

Lewis's body had only started functioning right the day before, the impact that Kashvi's retaliation had left still being felt, but only slightly. He had mostly been regulated, to his chagrin, by Ava, who made frequent visits to see his progress in recovery, in all of her snarky glory. It seemed as though he was being kept from the rest of the facility on purpose, perhaps as a way Once he was able to fully stand and fight at a meaningful level, that was when he would be tested. And it seemed as though he was starting to get there.

Ava had her arms crossed as she nodded sagely. "You seem to be recovering well. At this point, it is beyond Chandresh's ability to offer further help, so it relies entirely upon you. And a lot is riding upon this!" She wagged her finger at the man like a scolding adult. "The goddess is giving you that chance, after all! Don't forget that! You better not fail after all of this! That's going to make me look bad, too."

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 4:12 pm

"Oh no...We wouldn't want that, now would we?" A few quick jabs, a hook and an uppercut or two...Lewis was busy shadowboxing as they chatted. He was ready...Nervous, yet ready.

"I'm going to be honest. I don't know what she has planned. But I'm not going to give up. Whatever test she has, I'm ready for it."
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 8:15 pm

"Neither do I!" She wasn't fully aware of everything the goddess had going on her mind at all times. "While it is true that the process to become a Fellblood is different for each individual, it is rare that the goddess chooses someone to judge herself in such a manner...perhaps she has shown special interest in you! Oh, that would be perfect...mm, yes, that would look great on me!" She rubbed her hands together at the thought. Looked like a little devil while doing it, too.

"You better not chicken out, you hear me?!? Not when things are this close...just...do what you did early with Kashvi, that whole 'not giving up' thing. I think she liked that. And, and, try not to break more bones this time! Surely that will benefit you!" The tone she had made it hard to tell if she was being honest or snarky with her comments. Likely a mix of both.

The door to the infirmary opened up, revealing the same hulking figure of a man that he had met earlier on. "Is he prepared?"

Ava whirled around to face him. "Well! Are you?!?"

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 8:18 pm

Lewis didn't respond, getting back to training shortly after his comment to Ava. At the voice of the male he had met before, he swung one final fist, pointing it in the direction of Ava and the man. "....I'm ready as I'll ever be."

With that, he began to walk, slowly wrapping his arms in bandages. A tradition of his, before any training session. Or trial in this case..
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 3:26 pm

Ava followed along with him, watching the man wrap his hands in a cloth of some sort. "Does that benefit you, in any way?" She felt like she had to ask, although her tone was more confused than demeaning. Mitesh led the duo onward, through the cathedral, and past more than a few individuals. Everyone had their eyes on him, as this was a special occasion. Very rarely did the goddess have her eyes on an individual in such a way; word was sure to get around. More than a few were like Ava, with dragon-like features of various sizes, colors and shapes.

The two of them were lead out to the back wordlessly. Back to the empty field that Lewis had nearly gotten himself seriously injured just a week ago. The atmosphere was forboding, and a few individuals were waiting for him. One of which was Safiya, who was watching the display with her arms crossed and her back to the wall. She wouldn't want to miss this, not after everything. Another was Kashvi, who had an almost childlike glee on her face, bouncing a little with each step. "Is it time yet?!?"

"It is time." Mitesh's low grumble answered her without a hint of emotion, as he gestured out to the field. "The goddess is waiting for you." And then he held a hand out to Ava, stopping her. "Not you."

She let out a huff, before she looked up at Lewis. "Don't mess this up!" With that, she went over to the side to pull up a chair for herself. And out on the field, a figure was waiting on a chair out in the middle of it. It was facing away from him, and the figure was unmistakable.

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 3:30 pm

"In the event of a fight, it keeps my hands cushioned slightly. Usually when I'm training, so that I don't end up bleeding everywhere." His expression didn't shift as he took in the field.....And the folks standing within. A smirk slowly formed, looking at Kashvi and Safiya.

At Mitesh's words, he nodded, before turning to Ava. "I don't plan to." With that, he began to walk, throwing his hood up as he advanced. There was no more need for words, as far as he was concerned.
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 4:21 pm

As Lewis approached, the figure got out of her seat, and slowly turned to face him. Her eyes gleamed once again as she locked gazes with him.

"Welcome. As you can most likely tell, normally I do not bring the process to such an extravagant degree. Infact, the process of 'testing' people before the welcome is fairly rare. However..." The goddess wrapped her fingers, before unbuckling her cloak and letting it lay on the ground behind her. The open space behind her grew dark, and two massive, red reptilian eyes peeked out of the endless abyss.

"Let it be known that this is not a test of your strength, nor is it a test of your skill. No, this is to see your drive in the face of what may be presented against you. How does your mind and body react? How does it think? And how long can you last? That is what I wish to see, firsthand." From the darkness came a massive arm, slamming its clawed fist against the ground in front of the goddess, smashing the chair she was in originally into the ground.

The figure, the woman that Lewis had met previously, and the mass behind her were all linked, and even he would be able to recognize that. They were all one in the same. Just looking at the form was enough to give him a pressure in his mind, as if intentionally being pressed into his being. The woman now felt like only a small, small part of what was present, now.

"Let us have a chat, you and I. We shall speak with many actions, through words, through conflict, and through many things that you shall not be aware of."

Lewis: 30 HP
Grima: 30 HP

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 4:29 pm

Lewis let out a low whistle as he watched what he could only describe as an immense force surge forth. Parts of him were screaming to turn tail, to run. And yet a surge of adrenaline coursed through him. He had come this far, had he not? Even if this was leagues above that Kashvi person, he couldn't help but feel excited.

"Gotta say..You know how to make an impression! I'd feel a bit honored, but....I think I'll save that for later."

With that, Lewis began to hop back and forth on his feet. He had learned from his experiences. It'd be better to know what she was capable of first...And if this wasn't solely a battle, then it'd behoove him to let her go first.

"So..Shall we set the stage for this conversation?"
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 3:16 am

"Yes. Let's."

With just that statement, the goddess took a step forward, and the ground underneath her seemed to liquify into a black sludge with each step, spreading outward quickly across the ground. The substance quickly started to engulf the field in an inky, black darkness, and the second it touched Lewis's foot, a reaction occurred: a sudden flash of pain, not one physical, but mental, as his mind was racked with a memory, one who's pain in that moment, felt very real.

"No being is perfect, not even I. And that is why I must see all that is hidden under the surface, away from the outside. All of the fears, the doubts, the emotions you bury underneath...and your drive to overcome them. That is where we shall start." She continued to walked towards him, welcoming his retaliation. This was a test of how far he could push himself, now, without anyone to pick him up where he will fall.

(Anathema: Auto)

Lewis: 29 HP (Weakened)

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 9:26 am

The moment that sludge touched Lewis, his eyes widened. His strength sapped as he watched another person, another corpse, brought from battle. A friend of his. The sword that he had worked so hard to get made for him, lay shattered by him.

Letting out a ragged gasp, Lewis looked up, eyes narrowed. "There are some things...I'd rather keep buried!" With that, he charged forward, stumbling slightly, before trying to punch this goddess. "Take this!"

(Hook)
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 3:35 pm

The imposing woman made no attempts at moving out of the way of his blow, softened by his sudden bout of nostalgic terror. His feet quickly went through the dark puddle that surrounded her, bringing his fist directly to her face and swung it as hard as he could, the sound audible in its contact...

...and she stood, solid as a rock, unflinching from the hit. She curved her head around, pushing his fist back with the greatest of ease, as it felt like he had slammed his fist into a mountain. "A good swing. Just as she had told me. Yes, yes, very nice..."

Seemingly undeterred by the fist against her face, she gently removed one of her gloves, and, as soon as she did, quickly reached it out to the bewildered man, faster than his eye could follow to grab his face, covering his eyes with her grip. At her touch, a wave of disorientation and nausea flooded him, almost too much to keep standing, as she whispered into his ear.

"I am quite skilled at bringing that which is buried to bear. That, and many more things, are what I am looking for, and I will drag them all out of you, before this trial is done."

(Hook: 66)
(Dragonskin: 14)
(Mire: 56)
(Delirium Chance: 96)

Lewis: 26 HP (Delirium + Dragon's Ruling (1))

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 3:50 pm

The hit connected, and yet...it did nothing. A bolt of pain erupted through his hand, though it was nothing compared to her touch. He felt his legs buckle underneath, threatening to give out as he felt..overwhelmed.

At her words, he reared back once more. "Like..hell...Why do you want to know my past so badly?!" He attempted to make another swing.

(Heartbreak Shot)
Back to top Go down
DarkHeroAxel

DarkHeroAxel

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 8:34 pm

The second punch he threw out hit its mark, and it was the first time Lewis had seen the goddess feel any sort of reaction from his blows. She slid back slightly, feeling her cheek where it had connected. "Hmm, not bad. Congratulations, I felt that one. So this is that power I had heard described to me..."

Wordlessly, she slipped her glove back on and batted away his hand, and the act was with enough force that he was unable to perform another blow, as she brought her gaze directly onto his. Her eyes shone bright, and just a glance was enough to lock his mind into a vice, unable to look away. The goddess's expression was not one of annoyance from the blow she had taken, but instead there was a calm sereneness to her.

"I am not here to simply dredge up old memories. No, I am here to learn all that you have to offer, and to take it into myself. And when it is over, you will only pass if you trust me." She opened her arms in a gesture, showing she had nothing to hide as her gaze bore into his very being. "Some things cannot be simply spoken. The emotions of humans, and even gods alike, can be difficult to put into words. That is why were are here, no? Instead of discussing things over a table, with food, and drink, in a peaceful manner, I have instead chosen to meet you here, on the battlefield, where your fists can sing a glorious chorus instead of your lips." The smile on her face grew wider. "All of this, is for your benefit. I hope you understand that."

(Heartbreak Shot: 70)
(Ancient Dragonskin: 20)
(Crimson Eye: 42)

Lewis: 26 HP (Delirium + Dragon's Ruling (4) + Stun)
Grima: 28 HP (Heartbroken)

AzureTyrant

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 8:43 pm

A small grin formed on his face as he hit her, though it was knocked away, as was his hand. Before he could retaliate, her gaze froze him. There it was. That feeling of unease...As if she could read his very soul. Though this time, he didn't respond at first. He could have lashed out, struggled. But he took her words in. Slowly, he unclenched his hands.

"You're asking me to relive a lot of things. Things that ruined me...that hardened me into the man I am today..." A sigh left him. He wasn't looking forward to this, and yet...

A grin formed, as his hands clenched once more. "Fine. You want me to lay it bare? I'll do just that. And if you want my fists to sing a chorus, then I'll give you a damned spectacle! Bring it on, lady! I'm coming at you with everything I've got! You'll see exactly what I'm capable of!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)   Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ring of Fire (Safiya vs Lewis)
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next